PDA

View Full Version : Ford Focus TDCi Zetec

virtual-angel
12-09-2004, 10:34
Hello all

My partner and i have just bought one of these and i wondered if any other forum members owned one?

We had a test drive and found it really easy to drive but ive read some reviews on the net that say otherwise! has anyone got any good or bad points about them?

Oh and were both 22 so any advice on a good, cheap insurer? I had a quote this morning of £2174 :shocked:

Cheers

Chimaera
12-09-2004, 10:42
My daughter's boyfriend has had one of these for the past year - bought it brand new and is very pleased with it.

A good site for car info is www.honestjohn.co.uk - look at the links on the left and you can find a review of any car you like. ( Click on Car by car breakdown - and the Focus range comes as Highly Recommended)

Insurance? Well I got a good deal for my daughter from www.confused.com - you just enter your details once and they contact lots of different insurers and email you back with the quotes - we saved over £100 on her second year's insurance. You might consider putting someone older on the policy as a named driver (a parent perhaps?) as when we did this on her policy it decreased the premium by over £200.
Happy motoring! :D

PS They are good for fitting child car seats into as well! ;)

virtual-angel
12-09-2004, 10:50
PS They are good for fitting child car seats into as well! ;)

Yeah i took the little ones car seat and fitted it before we bought it! Her daddy got a sporty car, she got an in car dvd to keep her amused and i got to pay the monthly bill! :Yikes:

Richard M
12-09-2004, 11:52
Her daddy got a sporty car...

It's a diesel. :rolleyes:

paulyoung666
12-09-2004, 11:56
It's a diesel. :rolleyes:

dont mean it cant be sporty ;)

diesels are popping up everywhere , le man racing , rallying etc , bloody quick as well :erm:

Watchman
12-09-2004, 12:10
for insurance, try Elephant.

we did and saved 150 quid on our Golf V5

Nidge
12-09-2004, 12:43
I have a Mondeo TDCI Zetec and to be honest with you I wouldn't buy another one. The mechanics at my local Ford dealership are scratching their heads and the problems these TDCI engines are coming up with, mine is under 1 year old and it's been back to Ford 5 times with Diesel pump problems, gearbox problems, engine management problems, 1 mechanic said these engines are only going to be good for 70,000 miles. They had one in last week and 2 pistons rings were burnt out, it had only done 16,000 miles and Ford head office were reluctant to do the work under warranty.

willo
15-09-2004, 21:46
I had the 1.8 Zetec and have to say it was the second worst drive of any car I've owned. An old beetle was the worst but that was part of the beetle experience. The focus is a totaly compromised drive, felt like it handled like a dog but actually handled better than it felt. It's a family car, boring to look at and uninspired performance. Safe car that will never get you into trouble or noticed. Sorry but i hated it.