PDA

View Full Version : southampton - no connection for last 2 weeks

kazmate
09-09-2004, 21:14
Am posting on behalf of my dad , who has had no broadband (STB)for the last two weeks (southampton) customer services is a recorded message saying certain post codes are affected and they are working on it.
He has asked me if I can find out any info on what is going on?

Florence
09-09-2004, 22:13
Has he spoken to tech support about this outage as according to the status page its intermittent which would mean that at times he can connect..

Broadband customers in the Southampton area may currently be experiencing a degraded service such as slow browsing or intermittent access to email. In some cases service may also be lost completely. Our engineers are working to resolve the issues as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for any incovnenience this may cause.

Ignition
09-09-2004, 22:14
Am posting on behalf of my dad , who has had no broadband (STB)for the last two weeks (southampton) customer services is a recorded message saying certain post codes are affected and they are working on it.
He has asked me if I can find out any info on what is going on?

Massive network maintenance, overbuild work and network tidy-up is being done and has been for some time. Highly recommend that he double checks to make sure that his is one of the postcodes affected by this as it could just be a fault local to him.

kazmate
09-09-2004, 22:21
Massive network maintenance, overbuild work and network tidy-up is being done and has been for some time. Highly recommend that he double checks to make sure that his is one of the postcodes affected by this as it could just be a fault local to him.
Yes his postcode is one on the list. He says he cant get through to Customer services due to the automated messages.

Plonking
09-09-2004, 23:45
I'm in roughly that area (I am one of the affected postcodes too), and my internet connection speed is all over the place, all of the time. Some days I have to reset my CM about a million times, other days I have no internet for hours at a time.

Any idea when the problems will be resolved? It's been dragging on for sooo long...