PDA

View Full Version : Schedule for New Xbox Live Features revealed!!!!

Jarandco
09-08-2003, 10:52
Click here for the info on exactly when and hwta will be updated on live!!

http://www.xbox.com/live

Tezcatlipoca
09-08-2003, 11:18
US schedule, though.

EDIT: Also.... would it make more sense for this to be part of the following thread, rather than a seperate thread? : http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1662

Jarandco
09-08-2003, 11:19
Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca
US schedule, though.

well that doesnt stop us going to xbox.com/live and seeing who is online - does it?!

and as ive said before this is a worldwide service so i dont see why it shouldnt all be updated at the same time! The downloadable content is!

Tezcatlipoca
09-08-2003, 11:28
Yeah, it probably wouldn't stop us going to the website to see who is online, but it doesn't mean we'll get the new Dash at the same time as the US.

Not everything is always updated at the same time. Weren't there some XBL games that were XBL enabled (servers activated or whatever) in the US before the UK (one/some of the NFL or NHL games?)?

And although it's a worldwide service, it doesn't mean it has to be the same for everywhere...there are still games (PSO & some sports games I think) that only let you play against people in the same region as yourself.

...so I wouldn't be surprised if the Yanks get all the new features way before us.

But then again, I am a cynic.

Besides, M$ treats Europe a lot better than Nintendo does....so maybe we will get it at the same time

Mark15
09-08-2003, 11:29
i can't belive they are shutting down the servers for 8 hours. Thats the day I get back aswell :(

Jarandco
09-08-2003, 12:00
Originally posted by Mark15
i can't belive they are shutting down the servers for 8 hours. Thats the day I get back aswell :(

oh well ur survive i just hope it aint to hot cos then i can go play tennis!:D

Reddevil63
09-08-2003, 13:59
I will be at work while its updated so I won't loose anything.

ic14
09-08-2003, 17:21
Ive got plaenty off stuff to do offline so i dont mind live being down

Jarandco
09-08-2003, 22:33
Originally posted by ic14
Ive got plaenty off stuff to do offline so i dont mind live being down

neither do i - i can go play tennis if it aint to hot!:D

EDIT - emergency post!:p 999th post!