PDA

View Full Version : Ntl Broadband Free Trial

gallego1
08-09-2004, 10:21
Recieved whilst away on holiday the card to offer 60 days free trial of Ntl Broadband. When I got back I phoned up and got told that as a London Customer it is not available.

Why Do Ntl do this often. Send out offers to me that are unavailable?, and unlikely to be "coming Soon"

I suppose the get out is the term "cable enabled streets"

scrotnig
08-09-2004, 11:48
ntl can only provide services in areas that are cabled. Some areas have both cabled and uncabled streets, and unfortunately it's not always possible to specify individual houses to the companies that deliver the mailshots, only postcode areas.

DeadKenny
08-09-2004, 13:01
They don't know even when you call them. Took me a while to convince them my place was cabled when I moved to my current house. Had to send a letter about it as the people on the phone were somewhat rude and refused to believe me at all even when I said their name was stamped on the box attached to the house, and they basically gave me an attitude of "you can't get it, tough, goodbye". I should have given up at that point though :(.

nffc
08-09-2004, 13:05
It's almost as if ntl don't WANT customers isn't it?

reevepd
08-09-2004, 17:51
I got a card in the post too, and I have cable TV from ntl, but apparently they still can't give me broadband! "Maybe in a few months" - the same as the interactive services that I don't have.

scrotnig
08-09-2004, 20:30
It's quite poor that some areas are still lacking such services. I get used to things here in NW/NE where MOST streets can have all the services (there are still one or two hotspots, like Bolton, but largely if it's cabled you can have anything).

I realise other areas of the country are not all like that, and it's this that needs sorting ASAP in my opinion.

xathras
08-09-2004, 20:52
not had that problem and enjoying my two month free trial at the minute :)

in the north west in south manchester, but yes when I lived in Bolton i was suprised that such a big town had no cable or at least part

BBKing
08-09-2004, 21:38
This is the old Videotron area problem again isn't it? Painfully slow progress in rectifying what the cowboys put in ten years or so ago, I'm afraid. But it is happening. And to anyone sending out broadband offers to non-broadband areas, please don't, it looks sloppy!