PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life of a colleague at ASDA

LooeyUK
08-08-2003, 22:40
What a day it has been!!!

Well, evening really...

I work in the kiosk. There are usually 2 of us in there in a evening time. My other colleague went to get some change so im left on my own with a massive queue (when i say that i mean it! it was huge!), and then all of a sudden, the the power goes off, everything in the store is just silence! Then up come back the lights and that exsept the kiosk, customer service desk and half of checkouts.

So, you can imagine the abuse I got. I just turned and started filling :)

We both just filled the shelfs for about an hour untill I came up with the brilliant idea that we should write down what we sell, open up our tills and just use calcs to work it all out and when the electric comes back on we can put it all through.

So for the next 2 hours we did that.

When the lights came back on I put it all back onto the tills, mine came to £600and something and my other colleagues came to £500and something. hehe, its amazing how much you sell.

I was supposed to finish at 6:30 but i stayed to help out. I then go and ask the checkout mananger if Asda could pay for my taxi fair and she said "ohhh no". I did my nut.

I then said, dont exspect me to help out any more, ive had it with this place. and went upstairs. she then came running after me and said that if i could pay for it today, get a receipt and then bring it in tomorrow and she will get the money out of peti cash.

Ah, sorry to bore you all but its been so good today!!!

zoombini
10-08-2003, 11:03
THere you are, sounds typical..
You work your arse of for a company, try your best to help them make a profit & keep thier customers happy & they S**t on you when you ask for some form of thanks.

A taxi home after working soo late for them would have been so simple and minimal for them to make you happy & encourage you to do it again.

Now despite the u-turn to pay you afterwards, you will be thinking twice about doing it again won't you.

Congratulations on such a good day anyway...