PDA

View Full Version : online language learning .......

paulyoung666
05-09-2004, 20:04
.......... got to be free though , anyone got any ideas :)

gary_580
05-09-2004, 20:07
two words p2p and linguaphone ;)

Chris W
05-09-2004, 20:07
Any particular languages you want to learn.....? I can teach you some spanish, german or thai.....

Scrubbs
05-09-2004, 20:13
I have french linguaphone but not the time to study it.
You really need the books as well as the cd's

paulyoung666
05-09-2004, 20:18
the reason i ask is because we are seriously considering leaving this country for good !!!!!!!!!!!! , not totally sure where yet but i would like to be able to speak at least a bit of the language of the chosen country :D :D :D

Graham
05-09-2004, 20:56
the reason i ask is because we are seriously considering leaving this country for good !!!!!!!!!!!!

When you do, could you please remember to turn out the lights?! ;)

Maggy
05-09-2004, 21:00
When you do, could you please remember to turn out the lights?! ;)

What ever are you planning to do Graham? :Yikes:

I'll still be here though so I'll keep an eye on the lights. ;)

Ramrod
05-09-2004, 21:31
the reason i ask is because we are seriously considering leaving this country for good !!!!!!!!!!!! , not totally sure where yet but i would like to be able to speak at least a bit of the language of the chosen country :D :D :DGood for you! We would be gone by now if it wasn't for family.
On topic.......'Rosetta Stone' software is quite good. Go to e-bay and look up the 'Explorer' version (for a taster) of the language of choice. I have the French version for about £13
Then if you like it you can spend more to get the in-depth courses.
Rosetta Stone uses feedback via the headset mic to reinforce the spoken word which is innovative in the field of home study language courses.
I am not aware of any free courses though.

cookie_365
05-09-2004, 22:00
the reason i ask is because we are seriously considering leaving this country for good !!!!!!!!!!!! , not totally sure where yet but i would like to be able to speak at least a bit of the language of the chosen country :D :D :D
Some useful phrases, wherever you end up:

Spanish: Oh querido. Mi conexiÃÃâ€*’³n de banda ancha de NTL se parece ser crema crackered.

Portugese: Eu nÃÃâ€*’£o tolerarei este tampÃÃâ€*’£o 1GB um o minuto mais por muito tempo!

German: Warum arbeitet oh- warum oh-, warum FTP nicht?

Italian: Oops! Ho affettato attraverso il cavo con una forcella!

French: Email de Poxy!

;)

Halcyon
05-09-2004, 22:27
I'd like some spanish ones if anyone knows of any good spanish guides.

snodvan
05-09-2004, 22:54
:erm: Could be a useful link (?)

http://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlang/ht/Spanish.html

paulyoung666
05-09-2004, 23:18
:erm: Could be a useful link (?)

http://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlang/ht/Spanish.html

maybe not ;) :D :D :D :D