PDA

View Full Version : Virus PLEASE HELP ME

ntlrocks
04-09-2004, 18:44
a virus sent an email to all my contacts, with a different subject like "im nude" etc, but when i have like a trend micro virus scan every virus says "non-cleanable" please help, can someone tell me how to send an e-mail to all my 100 contacts at once (like this virus did) to tell them not to open it without having to type all their adresses out, i have hotmail/msn (@msn.com) and cant really configure outlook express cus of servers etc, please help.

could a mod please move this to the Virus forum...i would but i cant find the delete message button

Chris W
04-09-2004, 18:48
Using hotmail, just pick the names from the address book, tick all of them and press ok... that will then send to them all :)

homealone
04-09-2004, 19:20
Using hotmail, just pick the names from the address book, tick all of them and press ok... that will then send to them all :)

or you can add them all to a group, which saves having to tick all the names again next time...... ;)

jtwn
04-09-2004, 20:57
Oh dear, lol. If you are using the online housecall scan most of the time it can't clean the files for me, avast does the job fine though.

Setting up hotmail (probably the same for msn too) is quite easy actually... if there is the @hotmail.com suffix then it'll automatically set up the rest of the settings for it.

ntlrocks
04-09-2004, 23:46
thanks , i sent the email as two seperate 50's cus that is hotmails maximum amount at one time, but none said they received the warning yet. thanks any way guys

Paul
05-09-2004, 00:55
Did the virus send them via hotmail ? If it did then I would expect msn to have anti virus software that would intercept them before they went anywhere.