PDA

View Full Version : disinformation again????

leeswin
02-09-2004, 23:54
does anyone covered by the swindon wits branch of ntl have both a smasung tv box and 1.5mb line?

The situation is I have to have a extra box installed a week sat. Whilst on the phone I asked about a samsung box as I plan to move my pc rooms, but was informed they dont carry them - seems strange, as when I move my pc they will have to put an extra point in the room when there will allready be one in there.

anyone got any ideas or advice on this?

Chris W
03-09-2004, 02:36
It is most likely that the existing cabling coming in does not carry a strong enough signal to support more than one device... the normal technique is just to install a splitter and share the one cable feed.

If the signal is not strong enough, then it is best to have another cable into the house, so you don't get lots of connectivity and performance issues as a result of poor signals.

I am sure Justanothernoob or BBking can give you a slightly more technical explanation...!

BBKing
03-09-2004, 10:27
Currently you can't (yet) get a Samsung box in the original ntl areas such as Swindon. Hence you can have DAVIC Pace box and a 1.5Mb line, but not a DOCSIS Samsung box. This is assuming there isn't some kind of esoteric Swindon-only region issue with multiple devices on one cable, which sounds unlikely to me.

Chris W
03-09-2004, 11:20
Ah... methinks i slightly misinterpreted the question... it was rather late at night though :disturbd:

Although... reading it again now... it still doesn't make much sense to me :disturbd: :confused:

And no... Langley areas don't yet use Samsung boxes... if that was your question!!

Oh and BBking... "esoteric" good word :tu: :D