PDA

View Full Version : XBOX live outage upcoming

ali147gta
08-08-2003, 10:19
Just started a game of RTCW, and theres a message on the live console, saying that the service wont be available on th 14/08/2003 from 7am (IIRC) for 8 hours for upgrades and new features

Does this mean the new dash is coming in to play then ??????:D

Jarandco
08-08-2003, 10:22
No just server updates i believe - well it might be the new dash but the xbox live site says the dash update will be here mid september!

Steve H
08-08-2003, 10:23
Dont see the PS2 having any outages :rolleyes: :D

Defiant
08-08-2003, 10:25
Doesn't affect me as I use XBconnect :D

Jarandco
08-08-2003, 10:27
Originally posted by Steve_NTL

sorry but retaliation here - i dont see the ps2 having a dedicated service? i dont see the ps2 having a friends list , downloads, one dedictaded name - a service run by one single company monthly fees - oh and i donbt see that many games for ps2 either!:D

At least xbox live is being updated and continually worked on - they need more server for the amount of people they have joining!:p

abzorba
08-08-2003, 10:27

Because you can't upgrade or add new featrures to PS2 games!

*Whip cracking noise* ;)

Jarandco
08-08-2003, 10:29
Originally posted by abzorba
Because you can't upgrade or add new featrures to PS2 games!

*Whip cracking noise* ;)

notice my post! ^^^

Steve H
08-08-2003, 10:56
Watch that Whip!

Actually (Ass whooping mode turned on:D)

PS2 Does have a dedicated Service (For Socom anyway:p).. They host there own servers. There's hardly any lag on there (Not that Ive noticed anyway) ;)

Ohhh, and there's non of this £40 a year fee :p

and the PS2 online hasnt been out as long ;)

/Looks at how many Xbox users there is and runs :D

Steve H
08-08-2003, 11:10
:o:D Still Cheaper than the snotbox :D

Got the N adaptor for 25 & Socom for 35 :p

XiceWolf
08-08-2003, 11:18
When christmas comes you will regret putting your faith in an inferior console my friend :D

Steve H
08-08-2003, 11:20
Ohhhh, If the worst comes to the worst il fork out and buy a cardboard box :D

Cant see that happening though ;):p

XiceWolf
08-08-2003, 11:23
Wot ps2 titles are out this christmas that are playable on there live service ?

Jarandco
08-08-2003, 11:42
Originally posted by XiceWolf
Wot ps2 titles are out this christmas that are playable on there live service ?

not many - i saw the little advertisement book for ps2 online and half the games look a lot worse than wacked!:o But yous till cant downlaod stuff can you - and you dont have a friends list so you just play random people!:rolleyes:

Steve H
08-08-2003, 11:54
I dont actually play random people anymore :rolleyes:, I play in the same Server every night [OAP]Open, Where the voice chat is wicked, and they actually use it for what its intended for ;)

Wouldnt mind a few guys from this forum actually coming here though :rolleyes::p

XiceWolf
08-08-2003, 11:56
Theres a ps2 forums on here is there not ? I think you got lost :D

TigaSefi
08-08-2003, 12:01
lmfao... fight fight.... both boxes are as useless as each other (just to fan the flames)... to have any fun on it u gotta go online ? pah... I'll stick to my GC... so much more fun... esp. Mario Golf... whooo hoo

Mark15
08-08-2003, 12:14
Steve/Tiga....run i'll hold them back for as much as I can with my panza. Run man run. :p

Mark15
08-08-2003, 12:15
well actually Tiga you run as the cube is cool Steve your gonna die since the Ps2 is **** ;)

kronas
08-08-2003, 12:42
Originally posted by TigaSefi
lmfao... fight fight.... both boxes are as useless as each other (just to fan the flames)... to have any fun on it u gotta go online ? pah... I'll stick to my GC... so much more fun... esp. Mario Golf... whooo hoo

just because the gaycube is in decline and is struggling to sell units does not give you the right to bash superior consoles such as the ps2 and xbox

ps2 is superior because it has far better games :p

EDIT look what i found

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/news/news_6073133.html

someone tell me im right yet again :rolleyes:

Mark15
08-08-2003, 13:14
I read about that they are stopping production on a temp basis. It doesnt matter about sales to us its the games the GC/Xbox have good games. the ps2 versions are most of the time the worst of the 3 versions (aka ETM, MC2 (online), DHV, Hitman2) need I say more. The Xbox usually have the best of games that go out on all 3 systems then its the GC then the Ps2 because the ps2 is too weak :) But the original games on XBox and Gamecube are good to (halo,Mariosunshine, Resident evil0/1, TJ&E3, Doom3, Zelda Tww) These are games that make the consle and all these games are AAA titles. The ps2 don't have games of this quality.

TigaSefi
08-08-2003, 13:25
the only reason I might get a PoS2 is PES3.... that if it bundled with it in 3 months... ONLY reason. There nothing on the truckbox i wanna play with. All the best games this Chrimbo for me is my machine. Nuff Said

zoombini
08-08-2003, 13:31
What was the topic of this thread?? lol...

I got that message right after I had pulled my video lead out (which caused the box to reboot BTW).

Mine had some extra information, it was also saying that "MS thought the PS2 was cr@p"... funny thing to put in a message. lol.

Reddevil63
08-08-2003, 15:37
Ohhh, and there's non of this £40 a year fee :p

Don't worry, Sony will start charging, they have said so themselves a while back. :p :D

zoombini
08-08-2003, 16:40
What are we going to do?
A whole 8 hours not playing XBL... we will have to play the offline versions...ewwww!

perhaps maybe switching over to xbconnect for the day?

Exulus
08-08-2003, 16:45
I didnt know it could give you system messages like that, thats cool :)

Shame they are taking it down midnight in the usa so its gonna be down for half of the day here...

kronas
08-08-2003, 17:12
Originally posted by TigaSefi
the only reason I might get a PoS2 is PES3.... that if it bundled with it in 3 months... ONLY reason. There nothing on the truckbox i wanna play with. All the best games this Chrimbo for me is my machine. Nuff Said

well im glad i have the jap version then :p :D

Lord Nikon
08-08-2003, 17:47
I'm just waiting for when MS end up in court over the XBox...
a PC that can ONLY run MS software, hard drives modified to ONLY work on an XBox despite being standard with respect to everything BUT the firmware.... all stinks of antitrust to me...

TigaSefi
09-08-2003, 12:03
Originally posted by morris
so you don't like the look of star wars:KOTOR or half life 2 or doom 3 or halo 2 or fable. all these are xbox only.

KOTOR not my thing, Half Life 2 is on PC also dimwit and so is Doom 3.

I can live without Halo 2 cos I managed to live without the first one :D

Just looked up Fable and it an RPG and I don't like RPG all that much so I'll give that a miss too.....At least I make an informed statement :p :D

zoombini
10-08-2003, 09:55
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
I'm just waiting for when MS end up in court over the XBox...
a PC that can ONLY run MS software, hard drives modified to ONLY work on an XBox despite being standard with respect to everything BUT the firmware.... all stinks of antitrust to me...

Are you saying thart the PS2 can run other software and Still play all the games?

The Xbox can run other software, its well known that Linux is on it.
The only thing it cannot do then is go online & there are good reasons for that.

Caspar
14-08-2003, 22:54
XBL is now up and running, as of about an hour ago :D ...few that was a long 8 hours!!!....some people I know really got sweaty there!

Boom
15-08-2003, 08:10
The first outage for 9 months AFAICR, not bad, especially since we are getting a decent set of updates ou of it (XSN and VoIP effectively). :D It was tough going back to single-player for 2 hours since I was 'working' all day. Good timing M$! :D

As for PS2 online, I declined the offer of the Beta and after having my first and last day of SOCOM online with a m8 (who has since seen the light), I'm happy I did so. The offline play in that sucks major @ss too with "enemy and friendly AI that make the people on Jack-ass look like MENSA members".

How's MC2 online without voice? :D That must be fun! "Hey you, yeah I'm talking to you, oh wait, he can't hear me!" :D

If you like EA sports, hope you enjoy them switching off online play for the old version when they release their annual new and 'improved' version of their games!

As for Nintendo, they've got some beautiful online plans (they have none!) and Nintendo Europe couldn't organise a p!ss up at a pub if they're European releases are anything to by and now they're going after the importers!

Now run away back to your own forums, like good little fan-boys. :D

Originally posted by Caspar
XBL is now up and running, as of about an hour ago :D ...few that was a long 8 hours!!!....some people I know really got sweaty there!

zoombini
15-08-2003, 08:12
Hmm, was that at about the same time as the power cut? could that be a coincidence, is BIll's attempt at taking over the world causing chaos? lol

Caspar
15-08-2003, 08:33
lol...we believe the power cuts delayed it coming back online from 4pm to 10pm...how inconsiderate!

..never mind the thousands of people without power and water, in some cases!

...did you see those pics of Manhatten Island, very errie :(

Boom
15-08-2003, 09:29
I guess I shouldn't complain about not being back 'home'. :D

Jarandco
15-08-2003, 10:41
Originally posted by Caspar
lol...we believe the power cuts delayed it coming back online from 4pm to 10pm...how inconsiderate!

..never mind the thousands of people without power and water, in some cases!

...did you see those pics of Manhatten Island, very errie :( where... i saw some but not loads..:confused:

zoombini
15-08-2003, 10:59
Must have been Xmas day for the Taxi drivers...

Caspar
15-08-2003, 11:22
Originally posted by zoombini
Must have been Xmas day for the Taxi drivers...

lol!...I heard that they were charging 100 bucks just to let people get in their cabs!...then the metered fare on top! :p