PDA

View Full Version : Swindon Maitenance

RazorD
02-09-2004, 12:44
Hey guys,

Did anyone else in the swindon area have downtime for about 10 hours? (2AM -Midday).

I was hoping it was the speed upgrade, but nope :( Came back up with a reboot, still on the old 1MB Speed!

-Raz

mrm1
02-09-2004, 13:09
Hi RazorD.

There was an issue in certain areas in Swindon at the weekend. Sun 22.30-Tuesday 10.00 or there abouts. I lost all services for this period, not sure if your problem is related though. Ive had no problems since though.

RazorD
02-09-2004, 15:00
I was fine all weekend, my guess is that the maitenance took much longer than they expected this morning.

Shame i'm still stuck on 1mb though ;)

nefu
02-09-2004, 15:12
My wife says we have no service (Cable modem, SN5) tried modem reboot but no joy, I guess I'll call TS when I get home from work!

dukeofearl
04-09-2004, 09:59
Couldn't figure why none of my remote accesses to machines back home in Swindon via my router were not working - just realised today that the WAN IP address has changed for the first time in as many years as I can remember. Still no speed upgrade though it looks like they are getting ready.......

bogusone
09-09-2004, 22:01
Yes I've noticed this (although I'm in Bassett). It seems that I have an intermittent problem (more in the wee hours). If any support are reading this, my MAC address is <removed> I've recently been upgraded - might this be the issue?

Admin edit: MAC Address removed, please don't post these on the forum (Paul).

carlingman
10-09-2004, 00:03
Bump -

Sorry cant offer any guidance bogusone but maybe you should consider editing your post as it not a good idea to post your MAC address on a public forum but a passing Mod/Admin may remove this for you.

:-)

bogusone
10-09-2004, 08:36
Bump -

maybe you should consider editing your post as it not a good idea to post your MAC address on a public forum but a passing Mod/Admin may remove this for you.

:-)
Doh - I'm off to find the forum's FAQs and readmes.. Thanks!

bogusone
11-09-2004, 08:30
Heres a thing..

A friend states that he needs to reset the DHCP in his router every 24 hours because NTL have now introduced a cap to use. He explained that, instead of having a download cap, this causes users to re-set their routers every 24 hours. Does this sound right? :confused:

BBKing
11-09-2004, 08:54
Does this sound right?

No, not at all. Plenty of people run through routers for months with no problem whatsoever, there's no real way, apart from complex traffic analysis, to detect the use of a router rather than a single PC. I'd suspect the router's firmware or settings, tbh. Possibly it's been overtightened security wise, but not knowing any more it's hard to speculate.

dukeofearl
11-09-2004, 13:20
I use PRTG to monitor my SMC router via SNMP. When doing some heavy downloading this always shows a "blip" around midnight where it stops downloading, but it always recovers by itself.

bogusone
14-09-2004, 07:25
I use PRTG to monitor my SMC router via SNMP. When doing some heavy downloading this always shows a "blip" around midnight where it stops downloading, but it always recovers by itself.Ummm.. over the weekend and upto about 1000 Monday, I had no broadband access. I checked with friends in the same street - all the same. Spoke to NTL faults and reported it - they said they would send an enginner on Wednesday (!). Later during Monday, NTL rang to say a transmitter was replaced and BB was up again. This lasted 2 hours and then went again. Everyone in the street rang up, but BB appeared down until I checked at 0700 today. So far so good.
This outage affected SN4 areas as far as I know.
After 9 months of sterling service, the last 3 weeks have been a nightmare..:erm:

bogusone
15-09-2004, 22:38
Engineer called and said a new amplifier had been fitted locally last Monday. he checked my modem, removed the 3dB attenuator and logged me as fixed. And so I am. so far so good.