PDA

View Full Version : What would you give for free IKEA vouchers...

Chris W
02-09-2004, 11:57
Link (http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=6125690)

:disturbd:

Chris
02-09-2004, 12:00
What is it about Ikea? I can imagine exactly the same thing happening if they repeated the offer over here. I've driven away from the place before now, without even getting out of the car, after seeing people queueing out of the front door to get in. It's a shop for goodness sake! :rolleyes: :erm:

Salu
02-09-2004, 12:18
What would you give for free IKEA vouchers...

Not my life, for sure....

Escapee
02-09-2004, 15:37
I have only been in the place once, it represents everything I hate about shopping! I went in there once and left in about 15 minutes, I wanted to buy something but couldn't get around the bl**dy place. It appeared that families use it as a family day out instead of going to the zoo.

I can never understand why people appear to get some pleasure from ambling around like zombies, I go shopping to buy something.
Many people go shopping as a pastime, they dont buy anything but prefer to wander and waste their lives achieving nothing.

The people who zombie around the likes of ikea are very sad indeed.

I will not be visiting there a second time. :mad:

Chris W
02-09-2004, 15:41
but you get free pencils in ikea :D :D :D :D

I must admit i have only been once... and that was infact... to get free pencils when i was about 14 so i could write down my phone number for a girl :disturbd:

Chris
02-09-2004, 15:42
It appeared that families use it as a family day out instead of going to the zoo.

Yes, and they bring their own uncaged animals with them for the rest of us to dodge. :grind: I actually enjoyed my last trip to Ikea because we had a specific purchase in mind (free-standing kitchen units), they have a nice range and I was able to play about with my tape measure and graph paper (just don't even think it, ok ;) ). I can understand shopping with a purpose, but aimless wandering about .... /shudder. I think it's a girl thing. :shrug: :confused: :D

Ramrod
02-09-2004, 16:18
IKEA-The Game--Walkthrough (http://www.kontraband.com/wordsview.asp?ID=127) :D

greencreeper
02-09-2004, 16:22
:rofl: It's a gay thing hun - we love the place. I was there last night at a social event (don't ask) and one of the guys was talking about a version of bingo played in Ikea. You get points for:

Puff
Puff and boyfriend
Puff and boyfriend arguing
Puff and boyfriend arguing in the rugs section

I thought it was hilarious. Escapee and Chris are right though - most parents use it as an alternative to the zoo and let the kids run riot, smashing and damaging stuff as they go. There's usually a call for a kid lost in store. The trick is to explore and find the shortcuts between the sections - they have to have them for fire safety reasons. Usually they're easy to miss - narrow alleyways - but they're there. Just need to maintain a sense of orientation. Makes navigating the store a lot easier.

Gareth
02-09-2004, 16:44
Anyone remember the Ikea TV adverts about people with beards..? :D :D :D

zoombini
03-09-2004, 12:29
No, your all wrong.

As one of these parents of the kids.

We use it as an addition to going to the zoo.
First we go to The safari park & then we stop off at Ikea on the way back to spend acouple of quid on a stupid bit of tat that won't get used.
(well apart from my extendable shaving mirror that i'm forced to use because er indoors keeps saying that having a mirror facing the door is bad Ichee or something).

W eused to be able to pu the kids in the free creche, but now they are too big,. they used to have a cinema for the bigger ones but now thats a cafe or something. Now the kids get to come & look at all the stupid stuff nicking the pencils (I always put one behind each ear).

lol - love & hate the place.
never seen any gay arguments though, I will have to visit again.
But 'm never going to the new store in Saudi.

gary_580
03-09-2004, 13:33
What is it about Ikea? I can imagine exactly the same thing happening if they repeated the offer over here. I've driven away from the place before now, without even getting out of the car, after seeing people queueing out of the front door to get in. It's a shop for goodness sake! :rolleyes: :erm:

:erm: but how many shops sell hot dogs and dimes :D

Ikea is great for the non spending aspect. The wife says i want this, she writes the isle and shelf number down, when you get down to the warehouse part you find that they are out of stock and by this time you are not going back into the shop to finds an alternative ;) hence no spending!

zoombini
03-09-2004, 14:55
Or you see something, tsay thats good we'll come back for one of them & by the time you get to the end your so lost you cannot find your way back.

Maggy
03-09-2004, 19:34
I have NEVER been to IKEA.I wouldn't on principle.If everyone else is going there then why do I want to buy what everyone else has.The same used to apply to Habitat.Everyone seemed to have a Habitat sofa in the 70/80's

I hate shopping for furniture.I do it as little as possible because they never have exactly what you want and then it takes 3 months to be delivered. :rolleyes:

Incog ;)