PDA

View Full Version : Life And Loss

Stuartbe
30-08-2004, 15:59
Sorry to start such a morbid thread but many of you will know that we have had a catalog of family disasters of late and to put the cap on it all Tubby our oldest hamster had to put down this morning as he had a massive cancer in his stomouch. Lesleyann (smeggs) is totaly destroyed as am I. I am still in shock and cant believe that I had to pay vat on the vets bill to have him put down.

All I can say is that anyone who believes that there is a god looking after us should have a long hard think. Any god who can bestow this level of pain and suffering upon an inocent family, animal and its carers is no god in my eyes... I appologies in advance to those that have a faith but the little beleife that I had has now been permanently destroyed.

On friday my brother was convicted of a crime that he did NOT commit. Then my grandad (mums side) died and this morning out hamster tubby died. This thread is in tribute to him. He was not just a hamster but a member of our family who loved us all and we loved him more in return. We will allways miss and love him, We plan to have a small brass plak made for him to fix on the fence near the shed where he is now resting.

I hope you will all understand that I now need to take a bit of a rest from all other matters in my life and look after my wife. It just goes to show that just when things are looking good life kicks you firmly in the ass and reminds you just how pointless and cruel it is.

Sorry Everyone but I think a little rest away from the forum is needed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Stuartbe and Smegs.

Bifta
30-08-2004, 16:06
Sorry to hear about your grandad, I've had two family deaths in the last 3 months. They say bad things come in three's, so perhaps you're due some good luck.

Russ
30-08-2004, 16:29
My thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

Electrolyte01
30-08-2004, 16:33
My thoughts are also with you.

swoop101
30-08-2004, 16:40
Commiserations friend(s)

Rest and reflect and be together, things will seem brighter soon.

We all look forward to your return.

peace and love.

paulyoung666
30-08-2004, 16:46
sorry to hear all of this , hope you feel better soon :tu:

Escapee
30-08-2004, 16:50
Hope things get better soon.

I lost a cat that we had for 13 years and couldn't believe how upset I was. I have always become attached to pets and very upset when they went, but this one really affected me for a while.

If you care for your pets they become one of the family, and some people find it difficult to believ how much you can grieve over it.

Tezcatlipoca
30-08-2004, 16:54
Sorry to hear that, Stu :(

greencreeper
30-08-2004, 17:40
Sorry to hear about Tubby :(

Life is a basket - it just makes it all the more important to make the most of the good times, and love those around you.

Ramrod
30-08-2004, 17:48
All I can say is that anyone who believes that there is a god looking after us should have a long hard think. Any god who can bestow this level of pain and suffering upon an inocent family, animal and its carers is no god in my eyes... I appologies in advance to those that have a faith but the little beleife that I had has now been permanently destroyed.That happened for me many years ago...... :(

On friday my brother was convicted of a crime that he did NOT commit.That really sucks.....I lost faith in the justice system a while back as well
I hope you will all understand that I now need to take a bit of a rest from all other matters in my life and look after my wife. It just goes to show that just when things are looking good life kicks you firmly in the ass and reminds you just how pointless and cruel it is. It's not pointless! .....but it most certainly can be cruel.........

Paul
30-08-2004, 17:51
More bad news Stu - sorry to hear :(

Halcyon
30-08-2004, 17:55
Times like that are always difficult and I wish you all the best in getting thruogh it.
After all the bad things, there must be some goodness waiting for you round the corner soon so dont give up and good luck with everything.

Ramrod
30-08-2004, 18:03
It's worth remembering that we will all lose someone (probably many someones) and so will everyone else (unless they die very young :( ).........and then our loved ones will lose us. There is nothing new about it and it has always happened (no sh*t, really?! :rolleyes: :D )
.....Well done, you've got me crying. :clap:

edit........whenever I look at an old photo (from the 1800's) the first thing I think of is that all the people in it are dead and so are their kids.....dunno what that says about me......

greencreeper
30-08-2004, 18:48
edit........whenever I look at an old photo (from the 1800's) the first thing I think of is that all the people in it are dead and so are their kids.....dunno what that says about me......

Greater than average awareness of the frailty of life? A sense of the greater scheme of things and how small and insignificant any one individual is within it? A recognition of the brevity of life? It's the same feeling you have when you look at something old - it was there long before you were and will be there long after.

I'm depressed now. Just being listening to Musorgsky's "Songs and Dances of Death", which hasn't helped.

Ramrod
30-08-2004, 18:59
Greater than average awareness of the frailty of life? A sense of the greater scheme of things and how small and insignificant any one individual is within it? A recognition of the brevity of life? It's the same feeling you have when you look at something old - it was there long before you were and will be there long after.Yup, all of that :tu: :(

Mick
30-08-2004, 19:13
Sorry to hear of your losses Stuart.

They say bad things come in three's, so perhaps you're due some good luck.

They came in three's for me, my two grans and a friend at work who died one month after my second gran died, I never thought I'd be walking in the same cremotorium, just a month after my gran was cremated. Life was hard infact I am surprised I am still here today because I was at rock bottom... I pulled through, I don't know how, but I did.

dilli-theclaw
30-08-2004, 20:06
I am sorry to hear of your losses, remember if you want to talk or anything you can add me to msn or whatever.

I've had a lot of losses in the last year so if you want to talk to someone who knows what it's like you can.

Dilligaf

Stuartbe
31-08-2004, 08:59
Thanks for your kind words and thoughts everyone.

I am back at work today and I am starting to wish I has phoned in sick. I cant keep my mind on the job al all.

Looks like my grandads funeral is going to be monday week, my mum is taking it well but I can tell she is hiding her feelings. Lesleyann has gone back to work today against my advice as she spent most of the night crying and did not get much sleep as I did not.

Hope to be back posting soon. I think I am going to take a few days off work and reflect.

Stuartbe
02-09-2004, 01:03
I am sorry to hear of your losses, remember if you want to talk or anything you can add me to msn or whatever.

I've had a lot of losses in the last year so if you want to talk to someone who knows what it's like you can.

Dilligaf

Thanks m8... I may take you up on that offer. Feeling a bit crappy TBH but I supose life goes on...

Thanks all of you for the support and I am sorry if I upset you ramrod.

kronas
02-09-2004, 01:09
you know alot of things can happen in life pain, suffering, distress, cruelty, death, but the one thing that you must concentrate on is not letting it get to you, i know its easier said than done but staying strong is the only hope of coming out of something a better person, sometimes you have to say **** it, im not letting this get to me, a little aggression and positive thinking can get you out of situations.

nothing can prepare you for a sudden change in life whether it be a death of a person or animal you cherish, but you have a time for the bereavement the loss will/does hurt, the main thing is you pick yourself up and stand up be proud and move along with life, at the end of it if it was someone who loved you dearly or you loved them im sure thats what they would have wanted, for you to be strong, cherish the memories and live your life...

time is precious, use it wisely!