PDA

View Full Version : Master Love Monkey!

Mr_love_monkey
29-08-2004, 02:36
I am incredibly pleased to announce the arrival of Master Love Monkey, who arrived into this world at 19:50, after an emergency C-Section due to him being in distress, and came in weighing 6lbs 10oz

Mother and Baby are both doing fine, and were getting some well deserved rest when I just left them. :)

Marge
29-08-2004, 02:38
Awww bless, well done to you both :hugs: What a cutie :kiss:

Mr_love_monkey
29-08-2004, 02:40
What a cutie :kiss:

Well, obviously he takes after me :)

greencreeper
29-08-2004, 02:50
I wonder what you call a baby monkey :erm:

Congratulations! Have you a name for him yet, other than Love Monkey?

Mr_love_monkey
29-08-2004, 02:55
I wonder what you call a baby monkey :erm:

Congratulations! Have you a name for him yet, other than Love Monkey?
Not sure yet, but we seem quite keen on Rishi (http://www.weddingvendors.com/baby-names/meaning/rishi/)

greencreeper
29-08-2004, 03:00
Not sure yet, but we seem quite keen on Rishi (http://www.weddingvendors.com/baby-names/meaning/rishi/)

Sage. Is Hindu your religion, or do you just like the name?

Mr_love_monkey
29-08-2004, 03:04
Sage. Is Hindu your religion, or do you just like the name?
Mrs Love Monkey is hindu, I have no religion. It's a name that we both like, and (for me) has no strong God connotations - a lot of hindu names are based on their Gods, and as I don't believe it just didn't feel right to me calling a child by the name of a God

greencreeper
29-08-2004, 03:14
Mrs Love Monkey is hindu, I have no religion. It's a name that we both like, and (for me) has no strong God connotations - a lot of hindu names are based on their Gods, and as I don't believe it just didn't feel right to me calling a child by the name of a God

I can understand that. I like the religion. The guy I'm seeing at the mo is Hindu - he's very wise and deep and sensible. I grill him on his culture and religion (he's from India) - all fascinating.

Apparantly "John" is Hebrew and means "God gave" :erm: God gave what? Me? I'd complain if I were my parents :p:

Richard M
29-08-2004, 03:19
Congrats! :tu:

Mr_love_monkey
29-08-2004, 03:20
I can understand that. I like the religion.

Well, at the risk of hijacking my own thread... I like the Hindu religon as well, I find aspects of it very pleasing, one of which is the tolerance to other religions, i.e. that all religions are essentially aiming for the same thing, and just because someone believes in a different God to you, doesn't make it any less valid - something that you don't always see in some religions.

As an aside - it's rare to see an openly gay Indian - as although the indian religion is very tolerant, the indian culture is not so?

Congrats!

Thank you!

greencreeper
29-08-2004, 03:25
As an aside - it's rare to see an openly gay Indian - as although the indian religion is very tolerant, the indian culture is not so?

OT

Very true. He's not out though - I can't meet him in public or visit him at his shared home (he's a masters student). I've talked to him about it and he's in a real mess trying to separate the expectations of his parents and culture from what he wants.

He tells me that two men being together sexually is unthinkable (literally) in India, so there's actually no problem.

Chris W
29-08-2004, 03:34
Congats :)

Hope mother and baby (and father!) are both well. Looks like a cutie, better not show the g/f because she'll get all maternal again!!!

swoop101
29-08-2004, 08:09
Many Many congratulations to you both. :clap:

Now get pleanty of rest, cos when they come home you will not sleep for two months at least :D, but you would not have it any other way.

Give your wife a message:
Accept ALL the help that is offered and dust keeps till later.(too many new mums try to do everything they used to do as well as look after the new arrival, hence they are completely exhausted and depressed)

Enjoy your new life. :tu:

virtual-angel
29-08-2004, 11:14
Awwww so cute! Congratulations Mr & Mrs love monkey, its exhausting for the first few months but its so worthwhile when the little one gives you a big smile for the first time!

Tracy :angel:

Silent Wings
29-08-2004, 11:15
Congradulations Love Monkey on the arrival of https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2004/08/4.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)love monkey (Rishi)

Chimaera
29-08-2004, 12:23
What a beautiful baby! And I should know as I meet a lot at work! :)
Well done to both of you - the fun starts now!

Maggy
29-08-2004, 12:26
Say hallo to your son from me.

Say goodbye to any more peace of mind my friend.Now the true journey of your life begins as you take every step along side your son.Your life will truly never,ever be the same again what ever the future holds.

Good luck to all three of you. :D

P.S. he's a beautiful baby and I'm not just saying that. :tu:

Bex
29-08-2004, 12:44
Say hallo to your son from me.

Say goodbye to any more peace of mind my friend.Now the true journey of your life begins as you take every step along side your son.Your life will truly never,ever be the same again what ever the future holds.

Good luck to all three of you. :D

P.S. he's a beautiful baby and I'm not just saying that. :tu:
coggy way too philosophical there for this time in the morning.

congrates love monkey he really is a gorgeous little baby.

i'm starting to get broody again :erm:

Ramrod
29-08-2004, 13:15
Congrats! :tu: :)

Paul K
29-08-2004, 14:25
Congrats to both parties involved ;) Hope the new arrival brings you much joy and happiness but somehow I get the impression that sleepless nights, strange odours and plenty of washing may accompany Rishi :p:

poolking
29-08-2004, 14:27
Congratulations. :D

Russ
29-08-2004, 15:10
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you, the least that little mite could have done was smile for the camera :p:

You are going to have SO much fun :)

MadGamer
29-08-2004, 15:18
awww how cute. Well done and congratulations.

Chris
29-08-2004, 15:22
:tu: Congrats to the three of you. :) And enjoy the nappies! :D

Mal
29-08-2004, 15:23
Congratulations papa monkey :D

SMHarman
29-08-2004, 20:29
Congratulations, hope you have plenty of time off, Mrs LM is not going to be very mobile for the next two weeks having just had a CSection.

He looks very beautiful, happy and content considering the trauma he and Mrs LM have just been through.

Stuart
29-08-2004, 20:42
Congrats Mr LM...

Hope your little chimp gives you years of fun..:D

Tezcatlipoca
29-08-2004, 21:33
Congrats to Mr & Mrs Love Monkey :D

Mr_love_monkey
30-08-2004, 01:15
Thanks all, for all your kind words.. :)

Just got back after being there all day, I only left because the Matron threw me out - since men are not allowed there after 9....
Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at them, since they have all been really great (and I don't think any of the other nurses minded me being there, and nothing would have happened if the matron hadn't seen me)
I do understand that women may find it uncomfortable for men to be around at night, given that they may be in states of undress and so on - but at the moment she's in a room on her own, she can't get out of bed to lift up the baby or do anything for the baby, so everytime the baby cries, needs to be fed, changed, she needs to use the buzzer to get someone to either give her the baby, or do what needs to be done for the baby....it would be some much better (for everyone) if I was able to stay there.

Anyway, I'm back there first thing tomorrow.... I left the camera there today, else I would have posted a few more pictures...it will have to wait until tomorrow then :)

Ramrod
30-08-2004, 01:36
:tu: Congrats to the three of you. :) And enjoy the nappies! :D
Oh god yes, the nappies! :dozey:
Nowadays, Alex (4.5 yo) just sits on the toilet shouting: wiiiipe...............myyyyy............booootooom ! :rolleyes: :D
Sam (3.5yo) wipes her own.............badly :dozey: :D

danielf
30-08-2004, 01:43
Congratulations :tu: :)

paulyoung666
30-08-2004, 11:01
Nowadays, Alex (4.5 yo) just sits on the toilet shouting: wiiiipe...............myyyyy............booootooom ! :rolleyes: :D
Sam (3.5yo) wipes her own.............badly :dozey: :D

and my 6 year old still dont flush the toilet :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd:

congrats from me as well , now the fun really begins :D :D :D

greencreeper
30-08-2004, 12:58
And enjoy the nappies! :D

I'm told that I used to pee at my dad when he changed my nappy :erm: Later on it was food - the area around my high chair had to be covered in plastic because I hurled food everywhere. Apparently I used to sit there sort of drumming with my spoon - a bowl of ready brek making a poor substitute for a drum :D Ah kids huh - some are quiet little angels and others are from hell. They terrify me though - just start crying for no reason.

Bex
30-08-2004, 13:42
Sam (3.5yo) wipes her own.............badly :dozey: :Dwell you should train him to do it himself. he will have to when he goes to "big school" :)

and yes mr L.M. post more piccies :)

Julian
30-08-2004, 14:34
Congrats on your happy arrival MLM. :D

If you haven't already... I would sign up to all the parent and child clubs with the supermarkets....loads of freebies etc.

Tesco Baby and Toddler Club (http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/index1.htm)
Sainsburys Little Ones (http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/littleones/)
Are just 2 of them :)

SMHarman
30-08-2004, 20:00
Good point signing up on pampers.com and huggies whatever it is also mean you get about £5 of nappie vouchers every 3 months.

Halcyon
31-08-2004, 00:05
Congratulations !!!
I wish you and your family all the best !

Mr_love_monkey
31-08-2004, 08:46
Hi All,

Again, thanks for all the kind words....

Seems I'm really lucky - I got to change the 'nasty' nappy yesterday... :)

As promised a few more pictures..

There were some of me in rather attractive hosptial scrubs and a hair net, but strangely enough those picture have become corrupt and unviewable... funny that :)

homealone
31-08-2004, 09:14
I'm a bit late on this, but, sincere congratulations to you both :)