PDA

View Full Version : Beer Festival

gary_580
25-08-2004, 09:55
Well the 27th Peterborough beer festival started last night. A bit muddy but who cares when youve got all this choice :D

http://www.beer-fest.org.uk/current/beerlist.htm

Ramrod
25-08-2004, 10:01
Nice. Wish I could go :drool:
imo this country, for the most part, doesn't realise what a treasure trove of beers it has. People are content to drink watery, tasteless, gassy cr*p thats 'brewed under license in the UK' that people in the country that the beer purports to come from probably don't even touch :rolleyes:

gary_580
25-08-2004, 10:21
Open till Sunday lunch time

tick
25-08-2004, 10:52
Will be ther thursday night

tick
25-08-2004, 10:53
opps there

gary_580
25-08-2004, 22:04
Will be ther thursday night

me too

MetaWraith
25-08-2004, 22:21
A much more comprehensive list than those at the Reading festival earlier in the year.

Prints it out and marks those i've tried :D

Theodoric
25-08-2004, 22:35
Well the 27th Peterborough beer festival started last night. A bit muddy but who cares when youve got all this choice :D

http://www.beer-fest.org.uk/current/beerlist.htm
Muddy? Aren't you supposed to let the beer settle before drawing it? :)

Shaun
25-08-2004, 22:41
People are content to drink watery, tasteless, gassy cr*p thats 'brewed under license in the UK' that people in the country that the beer purports to come from probably don't even touch :rolleyes:

Here Here, its so hard to find real beer in pubs here, and milds like gold dust!

I love a nice bottled beer too, "Hen's Tooth" is a nice one (from the brewers of "Old Specked Hen") thats bottle brewed for loverly taste.

YUM :D :D :D :D

kronas
25-08-2004, 22:44
Nice. Wish I could go :drool:
imo this country, for the most part, doesn't realise what a treasure trove of beers it has. People are content to drink watery, tasteless, gassy cr*p thats 'brewed under license in the UK' that people in the country that the beer purports to come from probably don't even touch :rolleyes:

while others refuse to drink at all ;)

gary_580
26-08-2004, 10:19
Muddy? Aren't you supposed to let the beer settle before drawing it? :)

ahhh i didnt mention that its an outdoor affair, in a huge great marquee and its VERY wet out there.

gary_580
26-08-2004, 10:20
A much more comprehensive list than those at the Reading festival earlier in the year.

Prints it out and marks those i've tried :D

This one is the largest locally arranged festival in europe

gary_580
26-08-2004, 10:22
Here Here, its so hard to find real beer in pubs here, and milds like gold dust!

I love a nice bottled beer too, "Hen's Tooth" is a nice one (from the brewers of "Old Specked Hen") thats bottle brewed for loverly taste.

Try black beers. "Black Dog" although not a mild is actually a traditional dark mild. Milds are around its just that they have changed name due to the fact that "Mild" isnt seen as being fashionable these days. Also dont forget not all milds are black.

Have you been the the Leicester Beer Festival? I've been the past 2 years and its pretty good. They do GREAT Samosas to soak the beer up.

gary_580
26-08-2004, 10:23

Thats your choice and you should be commended on it. However, you dont know what your missing!!! Beer has all the vital ingredients for a good diet, water, sugar and fibre ;)

orangebird
26-08-2004, 10:24
Not that that stance gets some people very far....

Nugget
26-08-2004, 10:25

Can you get Banks's Original in Leicester? It's brewed in Dudley, so you may be able to. It used to be called Banks's Mild but they changed the name, 'cos younger drinkers were put off as Mild is een as an old mans drink..

Thoroughly recommend it though - King of Beer!

gary_580
26-08-2004, 10:28
Not that that stance gets some people very far....

Madonna springs to mind.

Paul K
26-08-2004, 10:38
Went to the beer festival last year, it's amazing how much warm beer you can drink if you put your mind to it lol Hope the toilet facilities have improved this time around though, the look of fear on people faces as they left the toilets last year was a sight to behold ;)

gary_580
26-08-2004, 10:44
Went to the beer festival last year, it's amazing how much warm beer you can drink if you put your mind to it lol Hope the toilet facilities have improved this time around though, the look of fear on people faces as they left the toilets last year was a sight to behold ;)

ive never had trouble with putting my mind into the beer drinking mode. I do however struggle to get my mind OUT of the beer drinking mode.

Those toilet facilities have been good enough for the past 13 years or so, i think thats how long its been outdoors. So no need for improvements there ;) Mind you it is funny this year because the grass is so muddy, seeing people bursting to go struggling through the swamp. Im sure by the end of the festival there will have been some mud wrestling.