PDA

View Full Version : Joint Bank Account?

joker
23-08-2004, 00:28
Hello all,

Does anyone know anything about Joint accounts? Just wanting to know if its possible to get three people on to one account? If so which bank's support this?
I have had a look arround the internet but havent been very sucessful in finding any more information.

Thanks for the advice

Florence
23-08-2004, 00:37
Perhaps a silly question but why three?

The joint account is aimed at partners regardless on if they get married. Not really seen three names unless they have been for clubs or business.
Best asking the bank you use now they might allow this.

Maroon
23-08-2004, 07:36
I think pretty much all the high street banks will offer this

SMHarman
23-08-2004, 12:54
I think it is pretty easy to get up to 4 people on one account.
Remember though all are jointly and severally liable for the actions on that account (whether authorised or not).
So if one of you manages to cash a cheque for £ÃÆ ’‚£Ãà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£Ãƒââ‚ ¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£ and takes the account overdrawn, then the benk can pursue each of you for the full balance (not just 1/3).

gary_580
23-08-2004, 13:17
Ohhhhhhhh nooooooo your not thinking of having two wives surely :D

orangebird
23-08-2004, 13:21
Don't do it - and if you have to, keep your own account that your salary gets paid into, then transfer a fixed amoutn over to the joint account every month,.... Please, I know what I'm talking about.... :erm:

Colin
23-08-2004, 17:46
I was actually thinking about doing this. For the rent and the bills in my new flat, there will be 3 of us. And it would be easier than one of us taking on a certain bill, we can have all the direct debits from one account, which as someone said, we are all liable for. I have been stung before by flatemates saying they have paid, when they never.

SMHarman
23-08-2004, 17:50
Well if all three of your names are on the bill you will be stung anyway. For this sort of thing setting up a joint account, each of you moving your 1/3 in each month by SO and then the utilities / landlord getting paid from there is a great idea.

Bex
23-08-2004, 18:35
I was actually thinking about doing this. For the rent and the bills in my new flat, there will be 3 of us. And it would be easier than one of us taking on a certain bill, we can have all the direct debits from one account, which as someone said, we are all liable for. I have been stung before by flatemates saying they have paid, when they never.
we tried doing that while i was at uni, and it was a disaster.

afaik you can have more than two people on a bank account, but i will confirm with mother (who still works for the ****ty abbey)