PDA

View Full Version : Cream Crackered

whistlingdixy
22-08-2004, 16:28
My Sky is knackered keeps freezing, blocking, and loosing signal all together not all channels and BBC ones are ok most of the time. Reboot works but only for a very short time, anything I can check or do without calling an engineer out? I have of course checked all the connesctions etc

Stuartbe
22-08-2004, 16:37
It could be that the recent violent weather has moved the dish or that you have some moisture in the f connectors on the disk.

Press the services button - goto system setup and select system test. There is a signal strenght meter there. What does it read ?

paulyoung666
22-08-2004, 17:04
It could be that the recent violent weather has moved the dish or that you have some moisture in the f connectors on the disk.

Press the services button - goto system setup and select system test. There is a signal strenght meter there. What does it read ?

sounds similar to the problem i had recently , some missing channels etc , the weird thing is they have come back with no messing about , i know you said you checked all the connections but ......... , did you check the lnb connection on the dish , i reckon this would be the one most likely to cause you problems , i assume that you are outside of your first year , if you are then sky charge £60 ish to come out but for that they will go as far as replacing anything that is needed to get it sorted , i would be surprised if a local company would go as far or be so cheap , just a bit of info for you :)

Florence
22-08-2004, 21:03
This happened to ours after around two years. I phoned to cancel at the time I was paying for NTL and not using it so thought I would move to NTLs and save what we paid to sky. It was hubby who wouldn't change from sky but when the box died he said he wasn't buying another. :)

The CS person I spoke to was very nice and offered to send the engineer around to check out the box and LNB which he did. He changed the box leaving a reconditioned box he also changed the LNB. When I asked what it was going to cost he said it was the retention package that they did to stop customers moving over. He stressed you was only allowed one free box but this was my second one. The first was an offer where you paid for fitting and the box was yours after 12 months. So now almost 2 yrs into the recons life itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s still working well but did have freeze sections when the stormy weather was around.

Try phoning to cancel if itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s gone altogether see if they offer you a recon. :D