PDA

View Full Version : are you a music lover ?

kronas
05-08-2003, 17:46
EMI the record company who is responsible for signing 'chat topping' acts such as kylie minogue and robbie williams is to change the pricing structure to revive singles sales

a 2 track disc will now cost £1.99

also there wil be cds which will include bonus material along with same 2 tracks at £2.99

but major 'blockbusting' artists will be retailing theres at £3.99

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3126041.stm

chambece
06-08-2003, 14:56
I'm not sure what this will do in all honesty. I don't think it's gonna really do anything to increase singles sale in certain respects.

I buy albums, I don't buy singles because, well in all honesty, I don't really know, but here goes

1 - They're expensive - I can pay a tenner for 12 tracks or 4 quid for one track and some filler

2 - singles don't appeal - I perfer putting a album on a listening to the whole thing, not three different version of the same track

3 - Bands I like don't release singles - well some of them do, but I never know when there coming out because the only ones that the labels plug are the popy crap the teens/pre teens will buy in their seaside bucket load.

4 - I have feeling the bands (not lables) make more from albums, as a supporter of music this is important for me (another reason I don't download)

In the new scheme, I have a feeling any single that the lable thinks is likely to get high will be a 3.99 blockbuster, and they know they're gonna sell 'em at that price.
EMI aren't gonna be putting too many 'new bands' ' (by that I mean not boy/girl bands, singers etc) singles out anyway, so again no difference

I would imagine there are very few single that come out that are from the top five lablels anyway - anyone have any ideas - may be a few of the dance tracks come from indies, but they probs gret snapped up by majors for the actual single realease

nighthawk
06-08-2003, 15:48
I thought singles were released for free on web? :devsmoke: