PDA

View Full Version : DIY Phishing

Ramrod
20-08-2004, 11:45
The emergence of do-it-yourself phishing kits are likely to result in an increase of attacks, experts have warned.

The kits can be downloaded for free over the internet, making it possible for anyone to download the kits, launch their own attack and potentially defraud online banking customers, says security firm Sophos.

link (http://www.computing.co.uk/news/1157477) :rolleyes:

nffc
20-08-2004, 13:57
Where do you get one of these? Gimme Gimme Gimme!

;)

Mod edit (Chris T): Please be considerate in the way you format your posts!
NFFC edit: OK dude, didn't realise that was off-limits on here :)

paulyoung666
20-08-2004, 14:38
good grief :(

greencreeper
20-08-2004, 22:33
Mod edit (Chris T): Please don't post lewd remarks.

paulyoung666
20-08-2004, 22:47
Mod edit (Chris T)

nope the family image is alive and well , i reckon none of the mods have seen your post ;) , otherwise it would have been well and truly gone from here :erm:

greencreeper
20-08-2004, 22:54
Mod edit (Chris T): Please don't post lewd remarks.

My first admin edit. I feel part of the family now :p:

Sorry :o Wrists considered well and truly slapped. I am tired though and I was speed reading :erm:

Chris
20-08-2004, 22:54
nope the family image is alive and well , i reckon none of the mods have seen your post ;) , otherwise it would have been well and truly gone from here :erm:

Indeed. :dozey:

I don't intend to comb the forum removing every mildly suggestive comment I can find, but off-topic lewdness is right out of order.

Chris
20-08-2004, 22:56
My first admin edit. I feel part of the family now :p:

Sorry :o Wrists considered well and truly slapped. I am tired though and I was speed reading :erm:

I'll dispense with the customary wrist-slapping PM then, seeing as it's late and I want to go to bed. :)

Maggy
20-08-2004, 22:56
This must be a record for the quickest time to achieve an off topic posting.

Yet another example of how the law is always miles behind in the art of web protection.Can the police/fraud squad do anything about this I wonder?

greencreeper
20-08-2004, 22:57
I'll dispense with the customary wrist-slapping PM then, seeing as it's late and I want to go to bed. :)

Understood :) How long do I stand in the corner for? :p:

This must be a record for the quickest time to achieve an off topic posting.

Yet another example of how the law is always miles behind in the art of web protection.Can the police/fraud squad do anything about this I wonder?

<greencreeper slips into protective clothing>

Ramrod
20-08-2004, 22:59
Can someone pm me with the gist of what greenkeeper said as I can't begin to imagine what it was :confused: :disturbd:

Maggy
20-08-2004, 23:04
Can someone pm me with the gist of what greenkeeper said as I can't begin to imagine what it was :confused: :disturbd:

No!I'm surprised at you, and I was surprised at greencreeper too. :Yikes:

However the second part of my posting was actually on the TOPIC of this thread so I'd rather like a response please. :D

greencreeper
20-08-2004, 23:05
Anyway, back on topic...

I guess it's a natural evolution. As soon as a virus is released dozens of people tweak the code and release a variant - sort of a DIY virus kit. Script kiddy hackers are well known - no skill required, just follow the instructions.

All the Phishing emails I've received have been marked as spam by spampal, and most banks these days warn about spoof sites, so I find it hard to believe that anyone would be daft enough to give their details away :erm:

TheBlueRaja
20-08-2004, 23:05
Damn i ALWAYS miss this stuff - what was it?

Maggy
20-08-2004, 23:09
OH I'm off to bed.It's just going from bad to worse tonight. :)

Incog.

TheBlueRaja
20-08-2004, 23:12
OH I'm off to bed.It's just going from bad to worse tonight. :)

Incog.

Right - she's off - what the heck happened. :D

greencreeper
20-08-2004, 23:12
No!I'm surprised at you, and I was surprised at greencreeper too. :Yikes:

:o :cry:

However the second part of my posting was actually on the TOPIC of this thread so I'd rather like a response please. :D

You mean that "Yet another example of how the law is always miles behind in the art of web protection.Can the police/fraud squad do anything about this I wonder?" wasn't aimed at me? Phew. <takes off protective clothing>

The law is always behind Coggy - just how it is :) I doubt the police can do anything. Maybe the bank could use civil means. Not sure.

If someone loses cash because they were stupid and entered their details at a fake site, would the bank refund them given that you're supposed to keep your details private and are liable for losses incurred if you don't?

Ramrod
21-08-2004, 00:31
Just informed about what greenkeepers off topic post was about, rotfpmsl:D

greencreeper
21-08-2004, 00:38
Just informed about what greenkeepers off topic post was about, rotfpmsl:D

<cough> It's greencreeper :) I have nothing to do with the cultivation of grass :erm:

Don't even smoke it ;) :Sprint:

[edit] Ta for the small green cube acquistion points - you know who you are

Ramrod
21-08-2004, 09:27
<cough> It's greencreeper :) I have nothing to do with the cultivation of grass :erm:oops: sorry m8 :tired: :D

greencreeper
21-08-2004, 19:04
oops: sorry m8 :tired: :D

S'okay. Everybody does it - greenkeeper is more familiar, hence people misreading. Best to nip these things in the bud before before they propagate :D :rolleyes: