PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is NTL getting stupider?

DbzDP
18-08-2004, 18:13
I know for a long time they had problems with their billing system and people who went to 600k from 150k were only charged for the 150k price, and I know they fixed it or did they?????? I upgraded to 1MBit now 1.5MBit a month ago and just got my bill, and it says "750k on it" and I am been charged £25 a month. lol

Eggo60
18-08-2004, 18:45
nice.. would probley have been better 2 keep it quiet tho :)

Rone
18-08-2004, 18:48
I can beat that :)
I use to be with Tiscali adsl, through BT. I was with them on my years contract, and decided to stay on for another year. For some unknown reason it seemed after about eight months, the direct debits had not been taken. I rang up, they couldnt find my details, i e-mailed them [fearing a huge debit payment] and i rang and rang. This went on for months, they even told me i was no longer a customer!!
After about 50 e mails and many calls i finally got some sense. They had automatically cancelled me after 12 months, and because of the system at the time, they couldnt bill me as there was no way they could back date the account. I told them i had used it and offered to pay, but they couldnt accept payment.
I eventually got them to disconnect the line in case, but i got a years 512bb for nothing.
I also would up with the Alcatel modem and all the wiring etc as they said due to circumstances at the time, BT did the install, and the system had now changed, and therefore they would not collect it as it was'nt theirs.
Some loopholes do work in your favour. :)

Neil
18-08-2004, 18:58
I know for a long time they had problems with their billing system and people who went to 600k from 150k were only charged for the 150k price, and I know they fixed it or did they?????? I upgraded to 1MBit now 1.5MBit a month ago and just got my bill, and it says "750k on it" and I am been charged £25 a month. lol

Don't know about ntl getting "stupider" (if there is such a word!), but I'll move this thread to the 'Billing' discuccion forum, seeing as that seems to be the subject of your discussion. ;)