PDA

View Full Version : ntl & Local BT Telephone Directory

Gogogo
04-08-2003, 12:11
Having had need to look up ntl numbers in our local BT telephone directory issued November 2002, I was curious to see ntl not listed but references to Videotron, Nynex and Cable & Wireless were.

Plenty of contact numbers for C&W were fully listed but no ntl. The ntl acquisiton on C&W took place in 1999 and it's surprising no ntl listing is there.

It will be interesting to see if the next edition carries the same information if it does it will only inspire doubts about ntl's abilities to get things right.

Not very good marketing is it? Anyone else spotted this?

:eek:

Martin
04-08-2003, 12:30
I have just had a nose in the phone book and NTL suprisingly isn't listed. Plenty of Cable and Wireless. Thats the first time I have ever looked for the number in a phone book, I usually look on my bill.:)

Pritch
04-08-2003, 12:31
Well, Cable and Wireless are still operating, so that's probably the reason for their inclusion.

As for Videotron and Nynex :confused:

Gogogo
04-08-2003, 12:42
Originally posted by Pritch
Well, Cable and Wireless are still operating, so that's probably the reason for their inclusion.

As for Videotron and Nynex :confused:

Agree your point but C&W contact numbers for residential services were given services for which have since been taken on by ntl.

Called the C&W residential services 0800 number and at least there is a voice message referring to an ntl contact number. I have also discovered not one entry for ntl in London North West Yellow Pages for 02/03.

No big disaster, I agree as info available elsewhere but failure to update contact information even something so simple and ordinary as telephone directories is in itself a bad sign for potential customers.

:eek: