PDA

View Full Version : Olympics.

Maggy
15-08-2004, 15:58
So what are our chances? :erm:

Incog,who has slightly more interest in this than any other sporting event.

Russ
15-08-2004, 16:06
Of what?

Maggy
15-08-2004, 16:12
Of what?

The Welsh not represented then Russ? :erm:

Russ
15-08-2004, 16:22
The Welsh not represented then Russ? :erm:

:confused:

You asked a question which doesn't really have a meaning - what are the chances of *what*? Winning a gold? Winning anything at all? Winning the whole thing? If the last, then zero as it's not set out that way......

Maggy
15-08-2004, 16:43
Sorry Russ.I guess I've caught some bad habits from the denizons of The Cable Forum.

OK! How do you rate our chances of winning any medals?

Mr_love_monkey
15-08-2004, 17:14
Well, we've won a silver so far (last time I looked).... but other than that....

We're going to fair as well as we usually do - it comes down to the same things really, lack of investment in sport, and sport facilities, and until that changes, we're always going to be at the bottom.

As an aside, I was flicking through the channels this morning, and happened to watch a bit of the gymnastics.. maybe I'm being unfair but some of those russian women... but... they have some bulges in places you wouldn't expect them to... i don't know if that's steroids or what...

poolking
15-08-2004, 17:16
Russ you are aware that the Olympics are on? :D

Chris
15-08-2004, 17:19
Time spent watching Olympics so far = 2 minutes (while waiting for Casualty to start last night)
Time spent wondering how well GB will do this time = unmeasurably small
My current overall awareness level of all things olympic = unmeasurably small (subject ceased to be interesting when Greeks started looking like actually getting ready in time)

/sark

:D

Russ
15-08-2004, 17:31
OK! How do you rate our chances of winning any medals?

Ahh! Now that better!! I know what you're asking now :D

I reckon we'll get about 10 golds in obscure sports such as cross country darts etc...

Can't wait for the women's volleyball though..... :angel:

Theodoric
15-08-2004, 18:00
<Snip>
I reckon we'll get about 10 golds in obscure sports such as cross country darts etc...
<Snip>
Speaking of obscure sports, I'm sure that the news today mentioned synchronised mens diving. Surely I must have misheard, or could it be that the ever increasing list of ridiculous events has become a little longer?

Chris
15-08-2004, 18:02
Surely I must have misheard,

Only if the BBC has discovered some way of inducing mass delusion in the population, I heard it too :( whatever will they think of next?

Paul
15-08-2004, 18:08
OK! How do you rate our chances of winning any medals?We will win at least one medal. ;)

Time spent watching Olympics so far = 2 minutes (while waiting for Casualty to start last night)
Time spent wondering how well GB will do this time = unmeasurably small
My current overall awareness level of all things olympic = unmeasurably small (subject ceased to be interesting when Greeks started looking like actually getting ready in time)
Time spent watching Olympics so far = 0 minutes - allthough I did catch the fireworks the other night while waiting for the news :cool:
Time spent wondering how well GB will do this time = 1 Second, then boredom set in. :dozey:
My current overall interest level of all things olympic = almost non-existant. :rolleyes:

Ramrod
15-08-2004, 18:23
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=279897&postcount=234 :D