PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite pastime?

Ramrod
02-08-2003, 22:31
I was just wondering......
You are only allowed to pick one, your favourite, no1. No lists of stuff you like doing.
What is your, when it comes to the crunch, sweetest pastime?

Sorry, I must be very shallow, mine is sex.:shrug:

imback
02-08-2003, 22:34
Got to go with you on that one mate, sex it is.

Russ
02-08-2003, 22:34
Playing with my daughter, just sitting there watching her sleep....just being around her :D

danielf
02-08-2003, 22:37
I like sleeping. Strangely, more so in the morning than in the evening/night. There's nothing like waking up in the morning and turning over to get some more kip.

Ramrod
02-08-2003, 22:40
Originally posted by Russ D
Playing with my daughter, just sitting there watching her sleep....just being around her :D Knew you'd say that Russ. You are in a different mental place to most of us at the moment.:D

homealone
02-08-2003, 22:43
playing on my computer i.e. >

forums

newsgroups

email

TV

DVD

CD

my one stop shop.:smokin:

Sex isn't a pastime, it's much more serious than that!:D

Ramrod
02-08-2003, 22:45
Originally posted by homealone
playing on my computer

forums

newsgroups

email

TV

DVD

CD

my one stop shop.:smokin:

Sex isn't a pastime, it's much more serious than that!:D ahem.......You are only allowed to pick one, your favourite, no1. No lists of stuff you like doing.
What is your, when it comes to the crunch, sweetest pastime?

danielf
02-08-2003, 22:47
This does reek of a list homealone.

homealone
02-08-2003, 22:51
Originally posted by Ramrod
ahem.......

lol, like i said I don't consider sex a pastime & there was "only one" - playing on my computer.

I just expanded on it a bit - sex has the Karma Sutra fgs:p

imback
02-08-2003, 23:01
Playing with my daughter, just sitting there watching her sleep....just being around her :D

It soon wears off Russ, they aint so cute when your CD's are coverd in gunk, or when your new mobile phone ends up in the rubbish and you don't realise untl it has been taken away, or when you PC's on off switch is worn out and Windows is coming up with all kinds of erors simply because it's annoyed with being turned on and off 6000 times a day.

Ramrod
02-08-2003, 23:07
Originally posted by imback
It soon wears off Russ, they aint so cute when your CD's are coverd in gunk, or when your new mobile phone ends up in the rubbish and you don't realise untl it has been taken away, or when you PC's on off switch is worn out and Windows is coming up with all kinds of erors simply because it's annoyed with being turned on and off 6000 times a day. lol, I've put my pc in a cubbyhole behind an old stairgate to keep them (and their little friends away from it):D

Ramrod
02-08-2003, 23:09
Originally posted by homealone
lol, like i said I don't consider sex a pastime So what is it for you then, a job, a religious experience? (sorry Russ:D ) :D

homealone
02-08-2003, 23:25
So what is it for you then, a job, a religious experience? (sorry Russ:D ) :D

a spontaneous event?;) :p

dingosar
03-08-2003, 00:53
Fav pastime
Playing the Guitar ..... at least 4 hours a day, i know it's sad
but thats the way it is :shrug: :shrug:

kronas
03-08-2003, 00:58
Originally posted by dingosar
Fav pastime

nothing wrong with that

mine is using my pc for various activites

*wants a life and a GF knows he wont get either *sobs :(

danielf
03-08-2003, 01:00
Fav pastime

No it's not. I play about 4 hours a month (if lucky), and can't even play chords. The f**ker hurts my fingers too much, and I don't seem to progress at all. Still, the guitar is a wonderful instrument, and I will keep trying.

dingosar
03-08-2003, 01:06
Originally posted by danielf
No it's not. I play about 4 hours a month (if lucky), and can't even play chords. The f**ker hurts my fingers too much, and I don't seem to progress at all. Still, the guitar is a wonderful instrument, and I will keep trying.

i know how you feel we all go through that stage
don't give up it will all come together in the end , and remember that the rewards are worth all the pain :smokin: :smokin:

dieselking
03-08-2003, 01:10
Playing around on the net is what I seem to spend half my live doing these days lol

danielf
03-08-2003, 01:13
i know how you feel we all go through that stage
don't give up it will all come together in the end , and remember that the rewards are worth all the pain :smokin: :smokin:

Yes, but this stage has lasted 4 years. Somehow, I feel I won't get out of it. Still, I'm happy with small mercies (Joy Division songs are dead easy ;))

Jerrek
03-08-2003, 01:28
Well, ignoring the obvious... sex, let me see. If I have money, I like flying Cessnas. If I don't have money, I like shooting.

dingosar
03-08-2003, 01:29
Originally posted by danielf
Yes, but this stage has lasted 4 years. Somehow, I feel I won't get out of it. Still, I'm happy with small mercies (Joy Division songs are dead easy ;))

it's a bit like being married ... the first ten years are the worst :erm: :erm:

timewarrior2001
03-08-2003, 10:40
Me I love driving, especially at night.

Ramrod
03-08-2003, 10:44
Originally posted by Jerrek
Well, ignoring the obvious... sex, let me see. If I have money, I like flying Cessnas. If I don't have money, I like shooting. That's a list:nono: , pick one:p

Tricky
03-08-2003, 10:51
Beyond some of those listed above - Golf - most annoying game I've ever started playing...

Russ
03-08-2003, 12:17
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Me I love driving, especially at night.

That's another good one, especially if it's hammering down with rain :)

Stuart
03-08-2003, 12:33

Maybe you could add that to the Interests section of your profile?

My favourite past time? Sex... Sorry, being shallow there..

kink
03-08-2003, 13:19
Originally posted by scastle
Maybe you could add that to the Interests section of your profile?

My favourite past time? Sex... Sorry, being shallow there..

Not too shallow i hope... :naughty: :p

I KNOW!! :notopic: :afire:

:D

Mal
03-08-2003, 13:37
Just listening to music for me.

Ramrod
03-08-2003, 16:28
This is illuminating, keep em coming:)

aliferste
05-08-2003, 14:33
Fly Fishing :) go every day down to my local river !

TheBig1
05-08-2003, 14:55
My fave pastime must be the time I spend working for Staffie Rescue.... At least something that I do actually helps others and makes a difference to innocent lives :)

Stuart
05-08-2003, 15:07
Originally posted by aliferste
Fly Fishing :) go every day down to my local river !

Reminds me of a certain BT ad..
(Paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact words)

"I'd like to know if you have a certain book in stock. Fly Fishing, by J.R. Hartley. You do? Excellent. Could you put it aside? My Name? J.R. Hartley".

Sad, I know...

SMHarman
05-08-2003, 17:47
Originally posted by Jerrek
Well, ignoring the obvious... sex, let me see. If I have money, I like flying Cessnas. If I don't have money, I like shooting.

Do you have your PPL?

SMHarman
05-08-2003, 17:47
Reminds me of a certain BT ad..
(Paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact words)

"I'd like to know if you have a certain book in stock. Fly Fishing, by J.R. Hartley. You do? Excellent. Could you put it aside? My Name? J.R. Hartley".

Sad, I know...

Good Ol' yellow pages actually.

iadom
05-08-2003, 18:31
Playing squash, have played for over 25 years, am over 50 and still manage three games a week to a decent standard.
Just remember the truism, you get fit to play squash, you do not play squash to get fit.;)

peterska2
05-08-2003, 18:48
Mines gotta be being on the computer. Unless I'm not near one then it is listening to/playing brass band music.

Ramrod
05-08-2003, 19:37
Originally posted by peterska2
Mines gotta be being on the computer. Unless I'm not near one then it is listening to/playing brass band music.
Can't have both peterska, choose one :D

Stuart
05-08-2003, 20:04
Originally posted by SMHarman
Good Ol' yellow pages actually.

Well, it was a long time ago, and the old memory aint what it was...

dingosar
05-08-2003, 20:44
Hey
where are you UDT come on tell us about yours , don't be shy :smokin: :smokin:

peterska2
05-08-2003, 22:28
Can't have both peterska, choose one :D

Well my fav is the computer but if I cannot access one for whatever reason - like when it died - then I have a back up which is my music.

Ramrod
05-08-2003, 22:36
Well my fav is the computer but if I cannot access one for whatever reason - like when it died - then I have a back up which is my music. lol, nice try. You are only allowed one. If you had to choose one which would it be?:D

peterska2
05-08-2003, 22:39
my music

zoombini
05-08-2003, 22:40
Whats "sex" ? I forgot what that is since I got an Xbox.

Now I play with that in the evenings.
It never has a headache.

Thats my favorite pastime.

Ramrod
05-08-2003, 22:43
my music See? It wasn't that difficult.:D

Stuart
05-08-2003, 22:47
Originally posted by zoombini

It never has a headache.

The Xbox won't nag you for playing it too much either..

kink
06-08-2003, 04:05
Originally posted by zoombini

It never has a headache.

Well, maybe it doesn't get a headache because you play with it longer and have a better game plan... planning, dexterity and hand eye coordination is everything.... but most importantly... i don't suppose you'd get anywhere with the Xbox either if you didn't turn it on first....:naughty: :p

It's late.... and i was in the mood to be cheeky :D ;)

Stuart
06-08-2003, 13:01
Originally posted by kink
Well, maybe it doesn't get a headache because you play with it longer and have a better game plan... planning, dexterity and hand eye coordination is everything.... but most importantly... i don't suppose you'd get anywhere with the Xbox either if you didn't turn it on first....:naughty: :p

It's late.... and i was in the mood to be cheeky :D ;)
Kink, what's your fav. pastime?

Ramrod
06-08-2003, 13:46
Kink, what's your fav. pastime? Good question!:D

nighthawk
06-08-2003, 13:59
Has to be DIY. Power tools are great fun :)

p.s. Only DIY that the wife doesn't want you to do :D

kink
06-08-2003, 14:20
Originally posted by nighthawk
Has to be DIY. Power tools are great fun :)

p.s. Only DIY that the wife doesn't want you to do :D

I think Nighthawk has beat me to it, i agree a bit of DIY and power tools can be very exhilarating :naughty: :D :p

Favourite pastime? At the moment? Would have to be the thing i miss the most.... hearing the voice of the man i love :romance:

YUK!!! :sick: :D

Ramrod
06-08-2003, 14:24
Favourite pastime? At the moment? Would have to be the thing i miss the most.... hearing the voice of the man i love :romance:

YUK!!! :sick: :D Awwww, sweet:D

kink
06-08-2003, 14:29
Awwww, sweet:D

Thought i should add.... since i did speak to kronas for hours last night... that it's NOT him!!! :D :D

cjll4
06-08-2003, 18:20
well my fav passtime is snuggling with my lover. and i bet you know who that is ;)

kronas
06-08-2003, 18:30
Thought i should add.... since i did speak to kronas for hours last night... that it's NOT him!!! :D :D

*is not speaking to kink due to her comments elsewhere :mad: :rolleyes: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ramrod
06-08-2003, 18:51
Originally posted by cjll4
well my fav passtime is snuggling with my lover. and i bet you know who that is ;) I don't:confused:

kronas
06-08-2003, 18:53
I don't:confused:

and you dont want to know either :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

cjll4
06-08-2003, 18:59
I don't:confused:

Never mind then. Some people do.

Russ
06-08-2003, 19:11
Originally posted by cjll4
Never mind then. Some people do.

Hmm, well Bexy isn't about as much as she used to.... ;) :D

kronas
06-08-2003, 19:12

LOL dont even go there russ :mad: :afire:

cjll4
06-08-2003, 19:13

nopes wrong one

Dude111
07-09-2021, 20:55
Playing with my daughter, just sitting there watching her sleep....just being around her :DYes its goregous..... One time I was sleeping over a friends and I was laying next to my friend and it was adorable seeing him sleep....... I remember the time like it was yesterday and I will always cherish it.....

My favourite pasttime is probably finding a nice trail to walk on in the forest and just enjoying nature...... Other than that probably talking on my CB radio is something I love doing......

Halcyon
28-09-2021, 11:39
- Plane Spotting.

I love watching planes take off and land.

Love everything to do with aviation and have a few aircraft parts on my wall in my man cave.

- Tropical Fish Keeping

I currently have about 50 African Mbuna Cichlid Fish but have had many fish including tropical and coldwater fish.
My current display tank is approx 500 litres.

nashville
28-09-2021, 15:05
Listening to Country Music, While I do some knitting

Hugh
28-09-2021, 15:17
Reading, whilst sipping a large glass of Single Malt…

Hom3r
29-09-2021, 10:36
I need to get back into model making, as I have many kits in the to build pile.

But with a lot of unfortunate free time on my hand, I am going through my vast DVD & Blu-ray collection, currently on season 2 of the Fringe.

SnoopZ
29-09-2021, 23:03
I need to get back into model making, as I have many kits in the to build pile.

But with a lot of unfortunate free time on my hand, I am going through my vast DVD & Blu-ray collection, currently on season 2 of the Fringe.

Fringe was awesome, I binged it all in a few months last year.

tweetiepooh
30-09-2021, 12:05
I shoot archery and make my own arrows. I essentially buy staves, nocks, piles (points) and fletchings and put together. Just finished a set a bit different to my normal, intended for indoor shooting but we don't have an indoor so using outside - 4" fletchings instead of 3" and 125 grain pile instead of 100 grain. (Idea was indoors it would stabilise faster and speed/range less an issue.)
I also like cooking, especially spicy food and braai (BBQ, barbie for the other colonies).

heero_yuy
30-09-2021, 13:55
I like fixing things especially where the manufacturer has tried to make it difficult. I have a full set of security bits for those weird anti-tamper fixings plus a set of miniature tools for laptops, tablets and phones.

As I'm an electronics engineer as well as a software writer, most things are fixable. The internet is a great boon as a lot of the technical data for appliances and components is on-line and you can also source hard to find components or suitable substitutes.

Here's a tip: Most microwave ovens have an internal fuse in the supply line just inside the case and it's often rated lower than the one in the plug. It's also a fast acting type. So if yours goes on the blink it's worth checking for this. Unplugged of course. Don't power it up with the covers off as there are high (2.5KV) voltages generated inside.

I like to cook as well.

Jimmy-J
30-09-2021, 16:46
A lot of people seem to already know what my pastime is... they call me by it all the time.

Dude111
10-10-2021, 21:43
Ah man!!

SnoopZ
10-10-2021, 23:44
- Plane Spotting.

I love watching planes take off and land.

Love everything to do with aviation and have a few aircraft parts on my wall in my man cave.

- Tropical Fish Keeping

I currently have about 50 African Mbuna Cichlid Fish but have had many fish including tropical and coldwater fish.
My current display tank is approx 500 litres.

What happened to you building that huge model aircraft, unless it was someone else?

Paul
10-10-2021, 23:57
I still enjoy [target] shooting, although I've had to take a rest from it atm due to my shoulder acting up.