PDA

View Full Version : problem installing BB onto my new PC

peterska2
02-08-2003, 01:28
if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

I have built a new PC today and have got my win98 original on there now and am trying to install my BB.

I'm not doing too badly for my first attempt but I am stuck with an error on the ntl BB install CD.

USB Cable Modem 351000

TCP/IP has not been bound to the above adapter. You must bind TCP/IP to the above adapter before continuing.Click the 'Fix' button to correct this problem.

Error Code :0

I have tried alsorts to get past this but have been going round in circles for the last hour.

All ideas apprecaited.

Kerry-Anne

carlingman
02-08-2003, 02:06
Originally posted by peterska2
if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

I have built a new PC today and have got my win98 original on there now and am trying to install my BB.

I'm not doing too badly for my first attempt but I am stuck with an error on the ntl BB install CD.

I have tried alsorts to get past this but have been going round in circles for the last hour.

All ideas apprecaited.

Kerry-Anne

Which modem are you using ???

peterska2
02-08-2003, 02:07
the ntl 120 SACM

Dupre
02-08-2003, 02:19
try this... start -> settings -> network.... -> right click on any choices you have, and repair...

if that doesnt work, call back :)

carlingman
02-08-2003, 02:22
the ntl 120 SACM

Cool your problems can be answered by a link provided by the master himself Robin (RDHW).

Take a look here (http://www.ntlworld.com/help/windows98/ntlhome100/)

That will sort it.

:)

peterska2
02-08-2003, 02:25
hang on tho.

how do i get those files from this lappy onto the PC?

I only have floppys :shrug:

peterska2
02-08-2003, 02:54
right got the files over. they weren't as big as I was expecting them to be.

My PC is now not detecting the USB connection :(

carlingman
02-08-2003, 03:02
hang on tho.

hang on tho.

Ok here goes,

I take it you can browse via Lap Top as you are here posting.

So goto the link I posted and download the 4 files to a new folder on your Lap Top Desktop called FE_fix.

Right click the folder from your Lap Top Destop and save to a floppy then boot up the Desk Top PC and from there save the contents of the floppy to your Desk Top PC calledd again FE_fix etc.

They are only patches so cant be that big.

Once the files have been downloaded follow the installation guide that was supplied with the Broadband Installer CD.

Before starting this procedure please ensure that the cable modem is not connected to the computer

Please insert the Broadband Installer CD and follow the on screen instructions

When the next image appears on the screen, connect the cable modem to the PC using the USB lead supplied with the modem.

Once the cable modem is connected you will see the another image.

Some windows will appear then disappear and the following another screen will appear indicating that the first part of the installation is complete.

Do not click next or close the Broadband installer

Before continuing please disconnect the cable modem from the PC. At this point the Broadjump installer should still be open.

Open the folder FE_fix where the files were downloaded to and double click the Uninst~1 program and follow the instructions to remove the existing drivers.

Once the cable modem is connected you will see the following.

Some windows will appear then disappear and the following screen will then reappear indicating that the first part of the installation is complete.

Do not click next or close the Broadband installer

Before continuing please disconnect the cable modem from the PC. At this point the Broadjump installer should still be open.

Open the folder FE_fix where the files were downloaded to and double click the Uninst~1 program and follow the instructions to remove the existing drivers)

Once the Uninstall program has finished connect the cable modem.

Now follow the screen shots to install the drivers that were downloaded earlier.

Please note that the Floppy Disk Drive /CD-ROM drive might be ticked, remove the tick to prevent Windows from installing the drivers from the CD that we have removed earlier. Now put a tick in Specify a location.

Click on the "Browse" button in order to select the folder where the drivers have been downloaded to. Scroll down until you see the folder called FE_fix, click on the folder and then click on OK.

Once the installation of the driver is complete, you will be required to reboot your PC. Do not close the Broadband installer as this will automatically load where it left off when you PC reboots. The normal procedure now applies, in accordance with the manual.

NOW CLICK NEXT

And continue with installation.

Copied form the link easier to print and follow.

Hope it helps.

:)

peterska2
02-08-2003, 03:06
right i'll try one last time then i give up

peterska2
02-08-2003, 03:16
right i give up. will ring TS tomorrow i think