PDA

View Full Version : I thought I'd phone for chinese food this evening

Bifta
08-08-2004, 00:46
I was a little perplexed when the phone rang off the hook, tried a few times more and decided to give up, turned the TV over to ITV to catch the UTV news and discovered that apparently the place had blown up that morning ... luckily no-one was hurt seriously.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3544088.stm

Used to be the best takeaway in Derry :(

Marge
08-08-2004, 00:48
Poor Bifta but everyone at my work thought it was funny :rofl:

ps my chinese takeaway tonight was scrummy, not wanting to rub it in or anything :Sprint:

Bifta
08-08-2004, 00:51
What's even WORSE is that they had to demolish the only decent kebab shop in Derry which adjoined it! On a more serious note though, when the pubs turn out tonight the police are going to be in for a rough night, they've had the road cordoned off all day so I'm hoping they get it all boarded up and are out of their before the louts decide to come out and brick them.

Marge
08-08-2004, 00:56
My God, don't know what I'd do if lost the chinese and kebab shop, I'd die of starvation as I don't cook :eek:

Bifta
08-08-2004, 01:12
My God, don't know what I'd do if lost the chinese and kebab shop, I'd die of starvation as I don't cook :eek:

Well we've got about 600 different chinest takeaway's within about a 2 mile radius and all of them deliver so I won't starve ;)