PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Pics...

Chris W
07-08-2004, 20:15
I have been saying i will upload these for ages and have now got round to it (ok so i have labelled, sorted, or enhanced them but shh!)

Chris and Ann's Thailand Photos (http://www.chris4ann.co.uk/photos/categories.php?cat_id=23)

Enjoy :D

anyone else that has holiday piccies please share...

MB

Russ
07-08-2004, 20:17
:eek:

Mrs Monkeybreath is a cracker!!

Chris W
07-08-2004, 20:18
:eek:

Mrs Monkeybreath is a cracker!!

:blush: thank you :) and don't look so suprised!! :p:

Maggy
07-08-2004, 20:40
Lovely photos but now I have a crick in my neck from leaning one way or the other. :D Were those really locusts for sale? :Yikes:

I cannot possibly call her mrs monkeybreath so I think I'll call her Lily.Lily is very beautiful and you make a lovely couple.

EDIT:See her name is Ann but I still think she looks like a lily. ;)

Chris W
07-08-2004, 20:43
Lovely photos but now I have a crick in my neck from leaning one way or the other. :D Were those really locusts for sale? :Yikes:

yes locusts, maggots, crickets and beetles... maggots where the only ones that i sampled

I cannot possibly call her mrs monkeybreath so I think I'll call her Lily.Lily is very beautiful and you make a lovely couple.

Her name is Ann... and thank you too :) things aren't going well at the moment though so lets hope that we stay a lovely couple :(

Maggy
07-08-2004, 22:51
yes locusts, maggots, crickets and beetles... maggots where the only ones that i sampled

Her name is Ann... and thank you too :) things aren't going well at the moment though so lets hope that we stay a lovely couple :(

Well maybe we see too much of you here..... ;)

Ramrod
08-08-2004, 00:16
That is the biggest and most cr*ppily constructed guttering I have ever seen m8--two firsts in a single picture :D

Mr_love_monkey
08-08-2004, 00:25
Where abouts did you go?

I went about 4 years ago, did 4 days in Bangkok, 4 days in Pataya, and finished with 4 days on Phuket.

It was a great trip, with the only down side being the nasty dose of Bangkok belly I got that lasted for 5 days....

Chris W
08-08-2004, 01:19
I spent most of the time in Bangkok, but went to Bang San (nr Pattaya) for a day and night, Koh Lad for a day (North East) Ayuttaya for a day and Uttaradit (north) for three days.

And my bangkok belly only lasted for a day, but i was sick 18 times (i counted!). word of advise... never drink whisky then eat Durin... the Thai people were laughing because it even makes most of them with their steel stomachs ill! :(

EDIT: and Ramrod, don't quite understand your comment... were you refering to the quality of my photography or the fact that i have just thrown the pictures onto the site... "two firsts in one picture...??"

Mr_love_monkey
08-08-2004, 01:36
EDIT: and Ramrod, don't quite understand your comment... were you refering to the quality of my photography or the fact that i have just thrown the pictures onto the site... "two firsts in one picture...??"

I think he's refering to this (http://www.chris4ann.co.uk/photos/details.php?image_id=174) picture

And my bangkok belly only lasted for a day, but i was sick 18 times (i counted!). word of advise... never drink whisky then eat Durin... the Thai people were laughing because it even makes most of them with their steel stomachs ill! :(

18.. ouch... i wasn't sick, it came out the other end..... which was nice...

Ah, that whiskey they have which is made from Rice... tastes, and smells like petrol, and that's the expensive stuff :) - after a really heavy night of that, it still turns my stomach when I catch a whiff of something that smells the same :)

Marge
08-08-2004, 01:36

Hi Chuck, I "think" Rammy is referring to picture 15 :erm: Guttering seems to be held up by what looks like swing frames nicked from the local park, funnily enough if I tried to erect guttering it would look something similar :D :D

Chris W
08-08-2004, 01:46
Hi Chuck, I "think" Rammy is referring to picture 15 :erm: Guttering seems to be held up by what looks like swing frames nicked from the local park, funnily enough if I tried to erect guttering it would look something similar :D :D

ah hah... that makes sense! that is a house in the north east where ann's uncles ex-wifes parents life with his son. The poor guttering is to complement the holes in the roof and lack of back door.

Eyeopeningly poor... the massive tv aerial is for a tiny black and white tv. They shower from a big tank of water with a bucket. The only vehicle in the picture is the one we went to visit in. Oh and for lunch they killed a chicken that was wondering around and cooked it for us there and then :shocked: at least we knew it was fresh!

Ramrod
08-08-2004, 14:58
Yep, thats the guttering I'm on about :D
.........and that chicken was probably the family pet :erm: :D

Tezcatlipoca
08-08-2004, 15:28
I have been saying i will upload these for ages and have now got round to it (ok so i have labelled, sorted, or enhanced them but shh!)

Chris and Ann's Thailand Photos (http://www.chris4ann.co.uk/photos/categories.php?cat_id=23)

Enjoy :D

Very nice :)

anyone else that has holiday piccies please share...

MB

My holiday in Peru (http://www.smokingmirror.co.uk/photos/peru), October 2003. (due to my laziness, I still haven't got round to changing the galleries to use something decent like Coppermine or 4images yet...)

things aren't going well at the moment though so lets hope that we stay a lovely couple :(

Sorry to hear that MB :(

I hope things work out for you.

Mr_love_monkey
08-08-2004, 23:36
Ann is Thai then?
You're really lucky that way, since you get to see what the majority of tourists don't actually see....

Chris W
08-08-2004, 23:56
Ann is Thai then?
You're really lucky that way, since you get to see what the majority of tourists don't actually see....

yep she is... lived here since she was 13

i met some people who had never met anyone not thai before... they stared quite a lot... and one of the little boys was scared and ran away!! i experienced some conditions that most tourists could not tolerate either... 32 mosquito bites in 2 days... and that was with the insect repelant applied!!