PDA

View Full Version : car exhausts !!!!!!

paulyoung666
06-08-2004, 17:53
so i need a new exhaust for my car , first i phoned kwik fit £130 :erm: , then i phoned a local 1 man band place £150 :erm: :erm: , then i phoned a local motor factor to see if i would fit it myself £60 :) , then i phoned morgans tyres and it was £85 :D :D :D :D , bearing in mind they all quoted me for the same make of exhaust with the same 2 year g'tee , how the hell can there be such a difference in price , obviously excluding the motor factor , shop around ppl you know it makes sense :D :D :D

timewarrior2001
06-08-2004, 18:42
Morgans is OK, I had an exhaust fitted in the Billingham branch when I had a lil fiat Uno. Wouldnt say the work was excellent but it would "do".

paulyoung666
06-08-2004, 18:47
Morgans is OK, I had an exhaust fitted in the Billingham branch when I had a lil fiat Uno. Wouldnt say the work was excellent but it would "do".

ok , but what got me was the difference in price , talk about a bloody rip off , seen as you are local the second place was the one at the top of norton road , teesside tyrepower , proper rip off , the weird thing is , they used to be one of the most competetive :disturbd: :confused:

timewarrior2001
06-08-2004, 18:58
I went to quick fit to get exhaust for my 4 year old Vectra it cost £150 but they had it in stock, fiutted it there and then and I thought it wasnt such a bad price to pay for a full system.

However if the car was older I wouldnt have paid that much. The problems with Exhausts is that the prices do vary, and most garages that charge little will do rush jobs and you probably wont get much over the two years from it. Spending a little more can, but not always, ensures a good job, a professional fit and an extended life of the exhaust system.

However I do think in your shoes I'd go for the £85 job, and had I known at the time of replacing mine I'd have probably done so too cos I'm a tight ******* lol :D

paulyoung666
06-08-2004, 19:02
I went to quick fit to get exhaust for my 4 year old Vectra it cost £150 but they had it in stock, fiutted it there and then and I thought it wasnt such a bad price to pay for a full system.

However if the car was older I wouldnt have paid that much. The problems with Exhausts is that the prices do vary, and most garages that charge little will do rush jobs and you probably wont get much over the two years from it. Spending a little more can, but not always, ensures a good job, a professional fit and an extended life of the exhaust system.

However I do think in your shoes I'd go for the £85 job, and had I known at the time of replacing mine I'd have probably done so too cos I'm a tight ******* lol :D

i cant be robbed for £85 can i , the thing that swayed me from doing it myself was the thought of ripped knuckles , the swearing and the rust in my eyes :D :D :D

ian@huth
06-08-2004, 19:10
When I wanted an exhaust for my car a few years ago I rang round various places who all quoted a price and all said that fitting was free. None of them could do the job straight away and all of them said they would give me a discount if I fitted it myself. Makes a mockery of saying free fitting.

paulyoung666
06-08-2004, 19:12
When I wanted an exhaust for my car a few years ago I rang round various places who all quoted a price and all said that fitting was free. None of them could do the job straight away and all of them said they would give me a discount if I fitted it myself. Makes a mockery of saying free fitting.

very very strange :disturbd:

DrAwesome
06-08-2004, 19:20
Did/or have you tried LT Motors? A friend of mine bought a full mini exhaust system from them.

Morgans are very competitive on prices

I have just remembered i have to book my car for a re-underseal at Morgans.

Edit: i wonder if you look/search/travel out of the area would you find a cheaper price...?

paulyoung666
06-08-2004, 19:34
Did/or have you tried LT Motors? A friend of mine bought a full mini exhaust system from them.

Morgans are very competitive on prices

I have just remembered i have to book my car for a re-underseal at Morgans.

Edit: i wonder if you look/search/travel out of the area would you find a cheaper price...?

yeah i did try lt motors , it was around £60 to supply only , i cant see the point of getting rust in my eyes for £25 :D :D :D
good idea though :tu:

DrAwesome
06-08-2004, 19:54
yeah i did try lt motors , it was around £60 to supply only , i cant see the point of getting rust in my eyes for £25 :D :D :D
good idea though :tu:

What car do you drive a Lada or 2cv dolly? :)

Theres a place called Rowley's in m/bro on marton rd, i heard their exhaust prices are competitive.

I'm dreading folking out for a new catalytic converter as i hear they are very expensive to replace on most makes & models.

But my worst fear is paying to get the clutch replaced as it has to be lazer lined up, cleveland break & clutch (brunswick st), quoted me over £350 as the whole engine has to be dropped.

paulyoung666
06-08-2004, 20:57
What car do you drive a Lada or 2cv dolly? :)

Theres a place called Rowley's in m/bro on marton rd, i heard their exhaust prices are competitive.

I'm dreading folking out for a new catalytic converter as i hear they are very expensive to replace on most makes & models.

But my worst fear is paying to get the clutch replaced as it has to be lazer lined up, cleveland break & clutch (brunswick st), quoted me over £350 as the whole engine has to be dropped.

oiiiiii git , it is a rover 216 :erm: , you wouldnt happen to drive a mondeo would you ?????? , there are some right p1ss takes with them and garages ;) :D :D

DrAwesome
10-08-2004, 10:07
oiiiiii git , it is a rover 216 :erm: , you wouldnt happen to drive a mondeo would you ?????? , there are some right p1ss takes with them and garages ;) :D :D

A battered Audi RSQ (Its the last time i let Will Smith Drive it) :)