PDA

View Full Version : Vtruck.exe

Militaire
04-08-2004, 22:29
Does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying little message that pops up each time I boot up windows XP telling me that D:/installs/path/vtruck.exe is missing?

I followed the advice from the earlier posts on this forum concerning the problem but none of them work. When I un tick the vtruckagent in win.ini and reboot, the message still reappears telling me about vtruck.exe etc. If I run win.ini again I find that the vtruckagent option I unticked has duplicated itself, 1 of them being ticked and the other being unticked. Also the option of removing the vtruck.exe from the start menu doesn't work either cos it isn't in there anyway to start with.

I even tried putting the NTL broadband installation disc back in the drive and rebooting. This get's rid of the message temporarilty but when you take the disc out and reboot you get the message again.

Hope someone can help

Militaire

Nemesis
04-08-2004, 22:31
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/broadjump.html#vtruck

Hope that helps

PS :welcome: to the site

Militaire
04-08-2004, 22:36
Thanks for this but I already tried this. In XP when I follow these instructions there is no + for windows in the win.ini tab. If I press the start tab then there is an option I can uncheck for the vtruck boot agent but as I said in my original post when I uncheck this and reboot it somehow duplicates itself and I end up with 2 lines for the boot agent, 1 checked and the other unchecked. Any ideas?

Thanks

Militaire

Nemesis
04-08-2004, 22:38
ok ...

1. Do a search through the registry for vtruck.exe, and delete all entries.

2. Open Win.ini in notepad, and search for vtruck.exe, if found remove it.

swoop101
04-08-2004, 22:43
This is from microsoft.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;829714

it looks like it is broadjump (possibly NTL if you installed from disc)

edit: just read you first post again, yes it is NTL disc.

maverick
04-08-2004, 23:47
Does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying little message that pops up each time I boot up windows XP telling me that D:/installs/path/vtruck.exe is missing?

I followed the advice from the earlier posts on this forum concerning the problem but none of them work. When I un tick the vtruckagent in win.ini and reboot, the message still reappears telling me about vtruck.exe etc. If I run win.ini again I find that the vtruckagent option I unticked has duplicated itself, 1 of them being ticked and the other being unticked. Also the option of removing the vtruck.exe from the start menu doesn't work either cos it isn't in there anyway to start with.

I even tried putting the NTL broadband installation disc back in the drive and rebooting. This get's rid of the message temporarilty but when you take the disc out and reboot you get the message again.

Hope someone can help

Militaire

click start>all programs>start up>delete vtruck from the start up menu.