PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled ntl but...

dirtydog
03-08-2004, 15:58
I cancelled ntl BB (all I had with them) in early July, and was told it would be disconnected 30 days later, on 2nd August.

Yesterday evening (2 Aug) I was still able to access my email addresses and webspace for the supposedly disconnected account. I rang up ntl and the cs rep didn't know whether this was normal or not, but said that it was showing on the system that I was to be disconnected on the 2nd.

Now 4pm on the 3rd, and email and webspace are still active.

What I wanna know is... is this normal, or does this mean my account is still active and I will get charged?

Chris W
03-08-2004, 16:16
do you still have your cable modem? if so does it still work... if it does then you account is still active...

dirtydog
03-08-2004, 16:27
I have moved out of the property where I used to have it installed, which is the reason I cancelled it.

Chris W
03-08-2004, 16:43
It is possible for email address and webspace to remain active after an account has been disconnected, if you want me to double check, pm me some details (postcode and house number) and i will do so on monday

dirtydog
03-08-2004, 16:53
It is possible for email address and webspace to remain active after an account has been disconnected, if you want me to double check, pm me some details (postcode and house number) and i will do so on monday
Cheers, if you would like to do that, it would be appreciated - I've just sent you a PM with the above info :)

If I find the webspace/emails are inactive in the meantime, I will post back here.

dirtydog
07-08-2004, 11:02
7th now, email and webspace are still active *sigh*

I will be receiving this month's bill soon (should be the last one) and I have been told it should be for just one day, as I've already paid up to the end of July. So we'll see.

Why haven't they cancelled my email and webspace yet!?

Chris W
07-08-2004, 11:17
will be back in work on monday so i will check it all then for you... i haven't forgotten i promise!

MB

dirtydog
07-08-2004, 15:57
Okay cheers :tu: :)

dirtydog
09-08-2004, 12:36
Right well I just received the post.. bear in mind that I rang up twice to check why the account seemed to still be active, and was told on both occasions that everything was okay, and that I would receive a final bill for just one day's line rental, about 60p.

Just got the bill.. £17.99 :mad: not just for one day, but for 1-31 August :mad:

Useless *******s... just called and their systems are down, so I'm calling back later.

****sake why is everything with ntl such hard work??

dirtydog
09-08-2004, 14:07
Just rung up again (systems back online now)..

Got put through to the cancellation department and the person I spoke to closed down my account while I was on the phone - or at least he said he did, have to wait and see :rolleyes: I was promised everything would be done right, over a month ago, and it wasn't.

Currently my email and webspace are still active but he said it would take a while for those to go off??

Anyway he said I'd only have to pay the 1 day line rental, but the bill will be sent out on 1 SEPTEMBER so I have to wait another month now to get this crap sorted out :mad: Why can't I just pay the money NOW?!

:(

dirtydog
09-08-2004, 14:54
Any comments monkeybreath? Or anyone?

badnbusy
09-08-2004, 15:05
The webspace and email accounts are NOT automatically cancelled right away. I have accounts from my old STB account 2 years ago that still work :) Why is that such a problem? Just forget about them (or use them)

ntl when it comes to billing are the worst I've ever experienced.

dirtydog
09-08-2004, 15:16
The webspace and email accounts are NOT automatically cancelled right away. I have accounts from my old STB account 2 years ago that still work :) Why is that such a problem? Just forget about them (or use them)Well it's not a problem at all in itself, but it implies that the account is still active - which definitely is a problem as they are still billing me for it. If they close the account, stop billing me but leave the email & webspace active, then no problem. Although to be honest I'd prefer it all to be shut down properly anyway.

ntl when it comes to billing are the worst I've ever experienced.I've heard this from many people which is why I was fearful of problems myself, and my fears have been confirmed :(

What's the betting that in a month's time I get another bill for £17.99!

Chris W
09-08-2004, 15:58
Any comments monkeybreath? Or anyone?

haven't gone into work yet so haven't had a look yet, but i might have a comment for you later ;)

MB

dirtydog
10-08-2004, 06:45
Could any ntl employee please comment on why my ntl email and webspace are still active, whether this is normal after an account is closed, and if it is normal, how long does it take to have the account fully terminated?

dirtydog
10-08-2004, 10:12
Right, I have my answer to the above: my account is NOT disconnected yet. I just phoned them again and was told that my account disconnection is PENDING, and it will be disconnected on the 1st of September!! I couldn't get an answer about why it can't be done now. What guarantee is there that they will do it next month when they didn't do it in August like they promised?