PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview Advice - Marketing Assistant

heyyo
03-08-2004, 14:52
Hi guys,
I have an interview for a Marketing Assistant position. Can any members advise any tips on how i can be successful at this interview. I have limited knowledge on Marketing.

i am looking for some tips...and preferably key words used in the marketing industry that i can use...

Cheers

Shaun
03-08-2004, 15:15
If its for insurance (in fact most sales jobs) be pushy, if they ask you to sell them a pen or a stapler they have to had make sure they buy it, do what ever it takes but make sure they buy it from you. ;)

I've got limited knowledge on sales jobs too but that was the only reason I didn't get a sales job with Peoples Choice insurance I was too "nice"!

HTH

ian@huth
03-08-2004, 15:16
The best thing is to be yourself and not try to make out that you have skills which you don't have. If you start coming out with these key words and don't really know what they mean you will look a right dick if you are questioned on what you are saying.

Nugget
03-08-2004, 15:28
Even if you're not feeling it, try to appear confident and, without resorting to buzzwords, show your knowledge of the area. It's worth looking for some background info on the employer (good old Google!), and then getting something specific to the job.

paulyoung666
03-08-2004, 15:33
be yourself , they know what they want , if they want you they will have you :erm: :D :D :D