PDA

View Full Version : another sickening piece of news.

kronas
02-08-2004, 00:30
scientists have discovered a way of making biscuits yoghurts and drinks.....out of.... blood :erm:

russia's scientists have concluded that the foods taste better than the 'real' thing.

Dr Ludmila Antipova, the head of the academy's Department of Meat and Meat Products, said:
'People should not be apprehensive. When you eat meat, there is blood in that.'

The 'chocolate' filling was made from cow blood cells, sugar and chocolate flavouring. The 'yoghurt' drink contained no dairy products, but was plasma extracted from cow blood and treated with bacteria to give a creamy appearance, with sugar, preservatives and flavourings.

The products looked and tasted like chocolate biscuits and vanilla milkshake, it was impossible to tell that either contained blood. They were delicious.

source: telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/08/01/wblood01.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/08/01/ixhome.html

in a count dracula voice*

" i want your blood!!! :batty: :sick:

Richard M
02-08-2004, 05:09
Wow, I see even Vampires are moving with the times then. :D

Jerrek
02-08-2004, 06:27
kronas, what does it matter? Unless you're vegan like me, you consume animal blood, gore, and guts on every day. How come you don't find that disgusting?

punky
02-08-2004, 07:11
Funny stuff, blood. You have 9 pints inside of you, it keeps you alive, yet most people are sickened by it. And besides, a lot of people here still eat black pudding, which is.......congealed blood. What's the first thing you do when you cut your finger? You put it in your mouth until you get a plaster for it.

People are weird aren't they? :)

cookie_365
02-08-2004, 17:44
Funny stuff, blood. You have 9 pints inside of you, it keeps you alive, yet most people are sickened by it. And besides, a lot of people here still eat black pudding, which is.......congealed blood. What's the first thing you do when you cut your finger? You put it in your mouth until you get a plaster for it.

Try this: get a clean glass, and ask someone to spit in it. Then ask them to drink what's in the glass ...:erm:

mrm1
02-08-2004, 18:11
Soylent Green anyone ? :disturbd:

Tricky
02-08-2004, 18:32

Mmmm Black Pudding and Onion in sandwiches!!! Tasty (yes it really is!)
I never go for the plaster as I have an allegy with them!! so it's drinking blood all day for me!