PDA

View Full Version : Returns to B&Q Direct

Mike
01-08-2004, 13:01
Hi all

I want to return a item purchased from the above (£300.0 0) about 6 weeks ago.

Unfortunately I do now still have the box !

Do you think that will cause a problem.

Regards

Mike

paulyoung666
01-08-2004, 13:08
i suppose the only way to find out is to try , do you still have the receipt ??????? , my local b&q warehouse is right funny about returns , good luck :)

Stuartbe
01-08-2004, 13:33
If you purchased the item from a store then sadly you dont have the right to return the goods at all as you have inspected them before purchasing. The only exeption to this is if the goods are faulty or not fit for purpose.

If you purchased the goods online then under the distance selling act you have 7 days to return the goods. Some companies may extend this period but its a customer service thing and not a legal right.

In either case any goods returned for refund if not faulty must be returned in a state fit for resale. If the box is missing they wont be able to re-sell it !

Sorry m8 but I dont think much of your chances on this one.

Mike
01-08-2004, 13:36
Thanks guys for the advice I will give it a go and let you know

Mike

ian@huth
01-08-2004, 14:12
What was it you bought and why do you want to return it? I have found B&Q to be very good with their customer service.

paulyoung666
01-08-2004, 14:15
What was it you bought and why do you want to return it? I have found B&Q to be very good with their customer service.

must be a bit like ntl then , good in parts because my local b&q is truly shocking :Yikes:
to the extent that when i wanted some concrete blocks they would only send a full pallet out the gate instead of holding half of them for me to come back and get them ( could only move half at a time with the trailer i had ) , so we had to leave someone behind to guard them :disturbd:

Mike
01-08-2004, 17:19

Portable Air Con Unit................may have to put it on ebay :Yikes:

paulyoung666
01-08-2004, 17:25
Portable Air Con Unit................many have it put it on ebay :Yikes:

do you just not want it anymore or what :confused:

Mike
01-08-2004, 17:40
do you just not want it anymore or what :confused:

Problem is the hose at the back is to short to reach the open window :mad:

House has high window and the hose come out the base of the unit.

paulyoung666
01-08-2004, 17:45
Problem is the hose at the back is to short to reach the open window :mad:

House has high window and the hose come out the base of the unit.

can you not extend the hose or does it have to be a certain length ?????????? , i assume the hose is for condensate , if it is can you not drain it away somehow , rather than going to a window , then again i am probably talking complete *****e so please ignore this post if you want :D :D :D :D

etccarmageddon
01-08-2004, 17:45
I know someone who might be interested in buying it from you - if you want rid of it - otherwise, ebay is a good idea.

Mike
01-08-2004, 17:54
can you not extend the hose or does it have to be a certain length ?????????? , i assume the hose is for condensate , if it is can you not drain it away somehow , rather than going to a window , then again i am probably talking complete *****e so please ignore this post if you want :D :D :D :D

Thought about this but reading the instructions it states don't change the hose length.............how critical this is I don't know !

paulyoung666
01-08-2004, 18:15
Thought about this but reading the instructions it states don't change the hose length.............how critical this is I don't know !

probably so you cant try and make it lift the condensate higher than it can , how about collecting the condy at floor level into a 5 ltr container , i know , not exactly elegant but it might be a solution to the problem :)

Stuartbe
01-08-2004, 18:18
The hose is usualy to exuast hot air out of the room. The condensation is either collected in a removable bucket or condensed and sent out the hose. The reason that they state " dont extend hose " is that doing so can put a greater load on the fan and cause problems.

If you only need to extend it a couple of feet then you should be fine. I think the instructions are more aimed at people that run the hose 20+ feet.

HTH

paulyoung666
01-08-2004, 18:23
The hose is usualy to exuast hot air out of the room. The condensation is either collected in a removable bucket or condensed and sent out the hose. The reason that they state " dont extend hose " is that doing so can put a greater load on the fan and cause problems.

If you only need to extend it a couple of feet then you should be fine. I think the instructions are more aimed at people that run the hose 20+ feet.

HTH

told you i was talking ****e :dozey: me :D :D :D

Mike
01-08-2004, 19:31

HTH

I think two/three feet will do it.............any ideas where I can buy an hose extention (1m) or a 2.5 m hose !

Thanks

Stuartbe
01-08-2004, 19:53
B & Q :D

Or a washing/drier machine outlet....

Make sure the hose is the same diameter if not bigger.

paulyoung666
01-08-2004, 19:57
B & Q :D

Or a washing/drier machine outlet....

Make sure the hose is the same diameter if not bigger.

that was going to be my line :D :D :D

ian@huth
01-08-2004, 23:25
How about ringing the manufacturers helpline or emailing them to try and get a solution to your problem. Alternatively fill in the form at http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/corp/contact_email.jsp?emailType=feedback aand explain your problem and ask how you can resolve it.

Mike
02-08-2004, 21:09
Thanks guys for the advice I will give it a go and let you know

Mike

Spoke to B&Q (diy.com) they said as long as I can get a box for it so it can be picked up they will give me a full refund :Yikes:

Refund will take 30 days :mad: but at least it was a reult :)

Mike