PDA

View Full Version : Do you like your job?

Salu
29-07-2004, 12:31
Most people in Britain are happy with their lot at work, according to new research.
In a survey of 1,000 people of working age two thirds said they were either satisfied or very satisfied, according to The Work Foundation.

But it estimated that 15% of the working population - or four million workers - are dissatisfied.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3935009.stm?display=1

So......do you like/love/hate your job? I thought we'd have a CF poll to see if it matches the BBC one.

As many votes as poss please!

timewarrior2001
29-07-2004, 12:38
I had to click I love my job, i do, But theres room for improvement :)

Nugget
29-07-2004, 12:53
I like my new job, but I've only being doing it for a month ;)

My last job was alright - when me and homealone spoke about it, I always said that the job was fine, it was just the psycho manager and political BS that made it a nightmare :(

Graham
29-07-2004, 15:55
There are times when I hate my job, but then I remember that I'd hate any other jobs even more, so it's a bit difficult to select any option in the poll!

ZrByte
29-07-2004, 16:18
I really hate my Job, I would like it a lot more if my managers would pull thier fingers out and actually change my shifts wich I have been trying to get changed for the last 3 years.
Basicly I work evenings, 3pm - 8pm average, since im not at college and I dont have kids I dont really need the daytime, most of my life goes on in the evening (Or at least it used to before I got this job), I also find it quite irritating that I only work about 4 hrs a day for five days a week. Since they wont give me more hours im trying to have my current hours condensed into three working days of about 6 hrs.
BAsicly my job doesnt annoy me much, though my hours do.

Gareth
29-07-2004, 17:37
The job's okay, but I believe it's important to work to live rather than to live to work. Some people here do my head in. Would rather do less hours than I do, and if my Lotto numbers came up then they'd never see me again.

Russ
29-07-2004, 17:38
I like my job at The Wave - actually, I LOVE it. But my job at the DVLA, that sucks big time, not helped by some people phoning up who, shall we say, are "a little slow on the uptake".

etccarmageddon
29-07-2004, 17:48
I really hate my Job, I would like it a lot more if my managers would pull thier fingers out and actually change my shifts wich I have been trying to get changed for the last 3 years.
Basicly I work evenings, 3pm - 8pm average, since im not at college and I dont have kids I dont really need the daytime, most of my life goes on in the evening (Or at least it used to before I got this job), I also find it quite irritating that I only work about 4 hrs a day for five days a week. Since they wont give me more hours im trying to have my current hours condensed into three working days of about 6 hrs.
BAsicly my job doesnt annoy me much, though my hours do.

and what is your job? what do you do?

paulyoung666
29-07-2004, 17:51
i used to love my job until my leg got mashed , now i have got a desk job , will i love it , i am not so sure , but at least i am away from my @rsehole of a gaffer ;)

Tricky
29-07-2004, 18:24
Had to vote wage slave - cannot afford to leave!

Dave Stones
29-07-2004, 18:25
im unemployed, i love it :D

paulyoung666
29-07-2004, 18:28
im unemployed, i love it :D

oh the joy of no responsibility :mad: :mad: :mad:

dont forget ppl are paying for your browsing and boozing ;)

sorry :(

Dave Stones
29-07-2004, 18:32
oh the joy of no responsibility :mad: :mad: :mad:

dont forget ppl are paying for your browsing and boozing ;)

sorry :(
yeh, my parents... ;)

well actually i have to pay for my boozing, the loan the government gives me covers that ;) and i have to pay that back, so technically you arent paying anything :p:

i tried to get a job, but nowhere around here wants to employ people just for summer :(

iadom
29-07-2004, 18:35
I like driving, fixing things, meeting all types of people and answering to no one except the wife and the taxman.:)

Yes, I love my job, that said six numbers in the right order may change my perspective.;)

zovat
29-07-2004, 18:38
I love my job :)

I get to work from home if I wish, and as long as I get the work done, and keep my customers happy, I can just crack on as I wish...

Oh and I get to have heavy technical discussion, but without having to actually do any of the hands on stuff (unless I feel like it).

Oh - and the pay is pretty good too :angel:

smegs
29-07-2004, 20:03
I love my job people think oh my gosh i did'nt know that that sort of job was still around but it is and i love it :)

ZrByte
29-07-2004, 20:56
and what is your job? what do you do?

Im a lowly checkout operator at a well known supermarket. As I said the job isnt great, though the things I would like changing in my contract would make it 10x better.

Wolf
29-07-2004, 21:11
I love my job. I work for a well known electronics shop chain. Pay is low but i got promoted and it's a near enough a toy shop.

Colin
29-07-2004, 21:15
Because its the summer i am working in a print factory for a few months. Its a bit tiring, but i get on well with the people there (have worked there before, so i already know most people) and its easy money. But i would not say i love it. Its a summer job and that's it, but i have to say its better than working for AOL.

Hand on my heart, the best job i had was ntl. I really like that job, was there for 2 years before i left for uni, and still think well of it.

Maggy
29-07-2004, 21:48
I love my job.Couldn't do it unless I did. :D

BBKing
29-07-2004, 22:03
Have to say, working at ntl in the role I do is absolutely top fun - get given big computers, lots of data and told to make things better for people :)

bb31
29-07-2004, 23:35
The jobs okay, dont love it, i would rather be a lady of leisure, but hey it pays the bills and a bit left over so shoudnt complain. Nt muh stress and the hours are good - probably be there till i retire !!

Tezcatlipoca
29-07-2004, 23:43
I voted "I'm a wage slave", although sometimes it's a case of "I like my job - but would prefer to work fewer hours"

Bex
30-07-2004, 19:16
currently i am enjoying my job but have only been there for just over a week ;)

as for the last job, was fine to begin with but hated it after january

paulyoung666
30-07-2004, 19:18
currently i am enjoying my job but have only been there for just over a week ;)

as for the last job, was fine to begin with but hated it after january

hows the eye eye job going then , ok by the sounds of it :tu: