PDA

View Full Version : nthellworld.co.uk PS2 Clan

Caspar
31-07-2003, 14:29
Hi all PS2 players!

We're looking to set up a nthellworld.co.uk PS2 Clan.

I believe there are only 9 PS2 online games at the moment. But with the ever nearing 30 further titles a clan might become a good idea!...especially with online cheaters!

If you want to become part of a PS2 clan, here at nthellworld.co.uk, then reply with your name below and vote above and we'll see what we can do. ;)

Steve H
31-07-2003, 18:58
Defiently yes.. Im tempted to go and get the stuff tommorow.. Which game would be best to get first? My name'l just be Steve :p

ic14
31-07-2003, 19:33
Yep ill be in this clan as well as the xbox one.. If thats allowed off course...

Called PureCrazyGamer in Socom, IC in other games.

russellelly
31-07-2003, 22:34
Put my name down!

Only thing is I have only one game - Twisted Metal : Black Online, but I'll get more as time goes on.

Steve H
31-07-2003, 23:27
Well ive got the cash, around £70 (Outta my blasted car money :D), and Im gonna get the Network adaptor, and Socom tommorow afternoon. Is it wise for me to get Socom, or Should I get something else?

ic14
31-07-2003, 23:39
Get socom! If you have enough you could get the network adaptor and Twisted metal black: online in one pack......
EDIT: Its £10 more than just the network adaptor if you get twisted metal black online at the same time

Steve H
01-08-2003, 00:24
So, I could get Socom as well as that?.. I can get about £80..

Edit: Do we Host on it?.. Or are there already servers..?

sniper
01-08-2003, 01:19
theres loads of servers m8, u can also create as well (i think).
Anyway what shall i call this clan caspar? oh and you can browse the net with the ps2 as well :D

Steve H
01-08-2003, 18:27
I know :D.. Just got the stuff.. and Im setting it up as we Speak. Only got Socom at the mo.. Cost me £75 for Both N/Adaptor & Socom!.. Oh well.. I am desperate.:p

Edit : How the heck do I open the Net adaptor Box!!! :grind:

Caspar
01-08-2003, 19:21
Originally posted by sniper
Anyway what shall i call this clan caspar? oh and you can browse the net with the ps2 as well :D

Come on Sniper! You'll need more than 3 votes to get the Clan, lol ;)

To bring you all up to speed, Sniper has requested to head the formation and running of the clan, as long as he gets some more members that is! If the clan is formed then a private clan forum will be created, for a private clan specific discussions that only clan members have access to.

The title of the clan, to be consistent with the existing mature XBOX clan, will be the 'nthellworld PS2 Clan' (for now ;) ).

Mark15
01-08-2003, 20:51
wont it be hard to get a clan match since there is no freinds list. So you wont be able to tell whos on or not unlike the XBox live service

ic14
01-08-2003, 21:23
Originally posted by Mark15
wont it be hard to get a clan match since there is no freinds list. So you wont be able to tell whos on or not unlike the XBox live service
But you can set passwords in most games.:)

Steve H
01-08-2003, 21:30
Ic14.. fancy playing now?.. Got a MSN ID? Im sucking at Socom :(

ic14
01-08-2003, 21:48
MSN ID Check my sig,
soz cant play socom at the mo, last minute things for my holiday :)

Play you in a weeks time??

Steve H
01-08-2003, 21:49
Will have to I suspose ;).. Have fun :p

I dont understand the game at the mo.. So its probably for the best :D.. Getting my ass kicked..

I think some guys are a bit peed off at me at the mo, on voice talk :D

ic14
01-08-2003, 21:51
I was like that at the begining, watch out for games called newbie they normally have really good gamers in!

Steve H
01-08-2003, 22:02
Im in the UK rooms.. This guy was telling me what to do.. I was following him, and he told me to lay a claymore, and press R1!.. Me being the fool I am did it, and am no longer alive :p

ic14
01-08-2003, 22:04
Damn!! I havent fell for anything like that........ yet...

But when ive being playing no ones being talking... :(

Steve H
01-08-2003, 22:08
People talking in both the rooms Ive been in :D

ic14
01-08-2003, 22:08
Lucky you!!

Its hard playing in a team when no one talks.......

Steve H
01-08-2003, 22:11
Well.. If enuf of us get together, and make this PS2 clan thingy.. We can get a room up for ourselves. and do a vs all :p

ic14
01-08-2003, 22:15
Yep !! Hope this goes ahead!!

sniper
02-08-2003, 09:38
come on guys vote, well gonna start making the clan and who knows it might take off.

Steve H
02-08-2003, 13:10
Gonna have to get some more people over sniper ;).. I want a game against some one my own Standard!.. Although playing till 5 this morning has made me slightly better, People think im going delusional speaking to myself though :blush:

sniper
02-08-2003, 13:19
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
Gonna have to get some more people over sniper ;).. I want a game against some one my own Standard!.. Although playing till 5 this morning has made me slightly better, People think im going delusional speaking to myself though :blush:

i'll play ya l8r if ya want, not had that much experience myself. been too busy with work.

Steve H
02-08-2003, 13:47
Yeah, I took advantage of no work today, and stayed up and played some Welsh all night, Checked my clock and it was 5am the time just flew :o

Steve H
02-08-2003, 15:02
Im going up to get another game... Its out of either, Twisted Metal, Or Everquest (Dont ask, its my brothers..:p).. Which ones the best?

Steve H
02-08-2003, 17:45
Ok - Got Twisted metal.. Only 4 games up though, in the lobby.. Is that right??:(

russellelly
04-08-2003, 16:22
Steve - Yeah 4 seems about average. How are you enjoying TMB? My tag thing's russellelly. Might see you on some time - what's your tag?

btw how many SOCOM games are usually running?

Steve H
04-08-2003, 17:08
erm, Shotter on TMB.. its a easy game to play.. and easy to pickup. (I hosted a Deadzone server?)

Socom, theres loads of different Briefing rooms (Countrys), and there's about 40 UK servers up. In total usually there's around 1500 people online.

CSCARLET UK
11-08-2003, 00:11
I'll join the clan

I'm up for a laugh :D

spretz
14-08-2003, 16:38
Haven't been online for a few days but went on last night and still to receive an invite.

Any news on what's happening Sniper ?

sniper
14-08-2003, 23:33
not sure whats going on yet, clans not been confirmed yet.
caspar what do u think?

Steve H
14-08-2003, 23:43
Need more people I think mate.

Caspar
14-08-2003, 23:47
6 possibly 7...not bad ;)

..let me get back to you :)

sniper
15-08-2003, 03:08
ok m8, 6 isn't bad to start with though, might work out just fine, if not we can put it down to bad exp... :D

Edit: guys start posting your usernames on socom, i'm sure this will work out, loads of clans have got small amount of players at the mo.

spretz
15-08-2003, 13:49
El Spretz

Think would be good even if we have a handful for now, so we end up playing against like minded individuals, I'm getting fed up playing against some of the idiots that appear on SOCOM.

ic14
15-08-2003, 14:03
PureCrazyGamer on socom

Stalker
16-08-2003, 13:24
ello Steve, BOS smell :smokin: ....hehe

Just decided to move from .com, seems to be dieing over ther?!?!

I dont mind join this PS2 online clan, where should i get the Netwrok Adapter from???:sleep:

Also i dont mind making a clan website...steve knows what i can do ;)

§talker

CSCARLET UK
18-08-2003, 17:01
C SCARLET UK = SOCOM

sniper
19-08-2003, 02:58
will send invites in the morning, been too busy to go on socom

sniper
21-08-2003, 00:53
Originally posted by russellelly
Steve - Yeah 4 seems about average. How are you enjoying TMB? My tag thing's russellelly. Might see you on some time - what's your tag?

btw how many SOCOM games are usually running?

won't accept your name on invite in socom, not sure whats going on with it.

sniper
21-08-2003, 00:54
all invites sent, oh steve whats your socom username? is it steve.

thejabba5050
03-01-2004, 23:08
How big's the clan now? I might join for the sakes of it, only game i play really is SOCOM though. My previous tags where;

thejabba
CPFC.thejabba
~CB~thejabba
<SF>thejabba (currently but can play in two clans? )

so some of you people might know me, and my ability if good enough!

paulhouston
06-01-2004, 21:39
has anyone got atv offroad fury 2??

paulhouston
06-01-2004, 21:41
i will join but what do i do??

Nemesis
06-01-2004, 23:24
i will join but what do i do??
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun is out and is supposed to be online ....

Mr.Moony
07-01-2004, 20:53
Count me in.

Dont trust me after 10pm ... thats when the funky colours appear on the walls

smicer07
26-01-2004, 21:02
Since the XBOX guys have their clans on the go, I'd like to start an NTHW PS2 clan. We need to find out what games people have though and on what connection, and sort out a good time to play. With loads of online games coming out soon (Splinter Cell 2 etc) it should be worth joining up rather than hoping someone is online to play against!

Name: Simon
Email: smicer07@hotmail.com
Games: THUG, SSX3, FIFA 2004, Sims: Bustin' Out.

Caspar
27-01-2004, 12:35
Simon - I'd happily support the setup of the NTHW PS2 clan.

I've tried to do this before, see this thread (http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1550), with some recent support.

Can you list out a list of members who are hoping to join?

I'll close this thread so we don't have too many PS2 clan threads going at once. Please use the other thread for discussion. (I'll merge them later...)

Boom
27-01-2004, 14:47
I'll be online with my ps2 when socom2 is out. Can't be @rsed with the first one.

Scotty
31-01-2004, 08:10
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun is out and is supposed to be online ....
It most certainly is and there are normally about 60-70 games on the go at any one time.

browneggsandham
05-04-2004, 12:32
I'm very late joining this - I would be delighted to join the clan, when I finally get round to getting my PS2 online.

Browneggsandham :)

lil jon
18-04-2004, 19:29
hey ever1 does any1 have nfs undergound online it rocks get it so we can beat <edit Rob C - insult removed>www.eaoutlaws.com (http://www.eaoutlaws.com) i think we should have a vote to have a nfs underground clan

lil jon
18-04-2004, 19:31
yes i would b intrested but do u do it for underground nfs

hatrick
20-04-2004, 15:16
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys have a Socom 2 team yet? If so how's about a friendly with us?

Check out the site and post on the forums and we can arrange one.

browneggsandham
03-09-2004, 00:11
I would love to, but parents refuse to pay extra money to ntl - even just the £2 a month!!
Is it possible to buy a network adaptor and then just swap the connection between my PC and PS2??

Thanks in advance,

EDIT: Oops, just seen how old this thread is, is anything up and running??

Tezcatlipoca
06-09-2004, 23:14
I would love to, but parents refuse to pay extra money to ntl - even just the £2 a month!!
Is it possible to buy a network adaptor and then just swap the connection between my PC and PS2??

Yep :)

Do you use a cable modem or an STB for your broadband?

EDIT: Oops, just seen how old this thread is, is anything up and running??

I don't think it ever got off the ground...

gary_580
13-09-2004, 14:37
Can PS2 online users play Xbox players?

Tezcatlipoca
13-09-2004, 21:16
Can PS2 online users play Xbox players?

Nope.

gary_580
13-09-2004, 21:37
Doesnt that defeat the object of online gaming!!

Tezcatlipoca
13-09-2004, 21:39
Doesnt that defeat the object of online gaming!!

Erm....nope.

PS2 online users can play with other PS2 online users.

XBox Live users can play with other XBoxLive users.

Different networks, for different games, for different consoles, made by different companies. Why on earth would Microsoft & Sony allow XBL/PS2 users to play together?

gary_580
14-09-2004, 09:57
Why on earth would Microsoft & Sony allow XBL/PS2 users to play together?

ermm because both consoles can play the same game :erm:

Bit like a P4 playing the same game and an Athlon64 ;) Agreed that in this case its a different operating system but to some degree that takes place with PC's too. Would take much of a brain to agree a standard so that all consoles could play each other.

why wouldnt you want to get as many people as possible to play the games online?

Tezcatlipoca
14-09-2004, 21:35
ermm because both consoles can play the same game :erm:

Bit like a P4 playing the same game and an Athlon64 ;) Agreed that in this case its a different operating system but to some degree that takes place with PC's too. Would take much of a brain to agree a standard so that all consoles could play each other.

Same games (some of them), but on totally different systems, made by different (& competing) companies. Not anywhere near the same as someone with a P4 PC playing a game against someone else with an Athlon PC (yes, I know you didn't mean that too seriously), as they would still be playing each other using PCs running M$ Windows.

why wouldnt you want to get as many people as possible to play the games online?

Because M$ would want people to buy XBoxes to play them, & Sony would want people to buy PS2s to play them. They're not going to collaborate, they're arch rivals.

gary_580
15-09-2004, 15:16
Same games (some of them), but on totally different systems, made by different (& competing) companies. Not anywhere near the same as someone with a P4 PC playing a game against someone else with an Athlon PC (yes, I know you didn't mean that too seriously), as they would still be playing each other using PCs running M$ Windows.

Because M$ would want people to buy XBoxes to play them, & Sony would want people to buy PS2s to play them. They're not going to collaborate, they're arch rivals.

So your saying for example Burnout 3 on the Xbox is written by a different company to Burnaout 3 on the PS2? I hadnt realised that.

As PS2's, Xbox's, PC's all support online gaming its hardly likely to be a high ranking factor in chosing what machine you want to buy. So it would make total sense to allow them to play against each other. After all people dont have to have one mobile phone for each operator so that they can make calls to all the people they need to.

browneggsandham
25-09-2004, 12:03
Yep :)

Do you use a cable modem or an STB for your broadband?

I don't think it ever got off the ground...

I use STB for my broadband.

Thanks,

Tezcatlipoca
25-09-2004, 18:03
I use STB for my broadband.

Thanks,

It's a little more difficult when using an STB rather than a standalone cable modem.

This is because if you have BB via an STB, the MAC address of each device you connect must be registered with ntl.

As the PS2 has no browser, you can't go to the ntl registration page using the PS2 & register its MAC address.

So....

You need to find the MAC address of the PS2, & clone it onto your PC's network adapter (giving the PC the same MAC as the PS2). Then, you just need to use the PC to register the new MAC. Once that's done, you can use the PS2 online, as its MAC address will be registered.

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=17544

Another alternative, which costs a bit but is better in the long run, is to buy a router.

You can get a Linksys BEFSR41 4 port router from Amazon.co.uk for just over 30 quid. Cheap, easy to set-up, & works perfectly.

The advantage is that you can then use the PS2 & PC online at the same time, & not have to worry about MAC cloning or swapping leads.

browneggsandham
25-09-2004, 19:13
Ok thanks for the advice, just a couple more questions. You'll have to excuse me 'cos I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to thing like this.

1. Using a router, would this mean sharing bandwidth, say 50-50, or does it somehow overcome this?

2. Would I need to switch from USB to Ethernet (which I know is now recommended anyway), or could I stick with my Ethernet to USB converter?

Thanks again in advance,

Tezcatlipoca
25-09-2004, 19:22
Ok thanks for the advice, just a couple more questions. You'll have to excuse me 'cos I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to thing like this.

No problem :)

1. Using a router, would this mean sharing bandwidth, say 50-50, or does it somehow overcome this?

A router will share the connection, but it doesn't divide up the bandwidth exactly like that. It will simply be used by whatever is using it...if that makes sense.

2. Would I need to switch from USB to Ethernet (which I know is now recommended anyway), or could I stick with my Ethernet to USB converter?

Thanks again in advance,

The router would have only ethernet ports, no USB ports, so the PC would have to be connected to it via ethernet.

You might be able to connect using your USB>ethernet adapter, but I'm not sure tbh. I've not used one before.

Best bet would be to get a network card for the PC, & ditch USB.

They're cheap, & easy to install, & it's very easy to switch from using USB to ethernet.

Tezcatlipoca
25-09-2004, 20:22
So your saying for example Burnout 3 on the Xbox is written by a different company to Burnaout 3 on the PS2? I hadnt realised that.

Ah, no. Wasn't thinking of that. Would be the same company, obviously. But still on different & rival systems.

As PS2's, Xbox's, PC's all support online gaming its hardly likely to be a high ranking factor in chosing what machine you want to buy. So it would make total sense to allow them to play against each other. After all people dont have to have one mobile phone for each operator so that they can make calls to all the people they need to.

Different analogy.

Anyway, having PS2 owners & XBox owners being able to play each other online would require MS & Sony having to cooperate. And as I said before, they're arch rivals & won't do that.

But.......

There are very strong rumours that XBox 2 users will be able to play online with MS Longhorn users.

EAO BoB
28-07-2005, 00:54
I would like to point out a post made in this thread to the administrators of this board.....

lil jon
18-04-2004, 17:29
hey ever1 does any1 have nfs undergound online it rocks get it so we can beat <edit Rob C - insult removed>www.eaoutlaws.com (http://www.eaoutlaws.com/) (http://www.eaoutlaws.com (http://www.eaoutlaws.com/)) i think we should have a vote to have a nfs underground clan

I have read the rules of the forum here and it says that posts deemed objectionable will be removed.
I am a TEAM LEADER for the E.A.Outlaws and a Google search of our site brought me here. I was upset to read this guyz post about my team and would be very grateful if somebody here would be kind enough to remove it.

I am not here trying to cause trouble, far from it.....in fact if you would like to visit our site you will see that we are a family oriented team who do not even tolerate foul language. We encourage fair play and fair racing. Our aim is to be the best online racers in our chosen games. And yes.....we get criticism from those we beat regularly ;)

Thanks for your time.

BoB :D

Raistlin
28-07-2005, 01:38
BoB,

:welcome: to Cable Forum.....

The post you're quoting there is over a year old, it's doubtful that anybody would have read it recently if you hadn't posted in a thread that hasn't been used since September of last year ;)

That said, if you use the Report Bad Post link (it's in the bottom right hand corner of every post - looks like a warning triangle with a ! in the middle), for the post that you have a problem with, I'm sure one of the site Team members will action it in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.

Regards,

Raist

MovedGoalPosts
28-07-2005, 02:04
:welcome: EAO BoB to Cable Forum

In the scheme of things gamers do often taunt other clans, and within that context the "insult" was not that strong. However for the benefit of good relations, and given that the post was highlighted very prominently by google, we have complied with your request.

EAO BoB
28-07-2005, 10:11
Heya guyz, I and my team would like to thank you all for dealing with this so quickly. We appreciate the fact that teams will taunt others, but it sounded like this guy had an issue with the EAO considering the language he used.
Thanks again, and should any of you see an EAO member online in the games you play, make yourselves known to them.....you're sure to get a good race/game :D

BoB

Hom3r
05-11-2005, 19:08
Is this clan open to new members?

I have a PS2 and want to plat some online games. I do need to get the Network Adaptor and connect it to my router in a different room.

(wireless is the best but as i'm out of work I cannot justify the £50 or so on it, but I intend to resolve the job issue soon)

EAO BoB
05-11-2005, 23:20
The clan is always open to new members. :D

However...you may wanna check out http://www.mindkillers.com
This website is the console gamers site ....the EAO MindKillers ;)

JJmaestro
03-12-2005, 14:59
Well Im Interested And You Gotta Helluva Good Idea Let Me Know If Im In