PDA

View Full Version : A question for pet owners

Macca371
28-07-2004, 20:52
Does anybody know how I can get my dog to poo in my garden? He will only relieve himself whilst he has been taken out the house completely. He must regard the garden as the home - he was well trained not to excrete within the home.

Anybody have any ideas as to how I can make him realise that it's fine to poo in the garden?

Paul K
28-07-2004, 21:00
Does anybody know how I can get my dog to poo in my garden? He will only relieve himself whilst he has been taken out the house completely. He must regard the garden as the home - he was well trained not to excrete within the home.

Anybody have any ideas as to how I can make him realise that it's fine to poo in the garden?
How can I word this....
monkey see, monkey do ;)
Seriously though you may have to be cruel to be kind and restrict the dog to the garden till it learns that you aren't going to get mad if it messes in the garden confines.

Martin
29-07-2004, 02:16
One thing you could try is put the lead on then walk the doggy round the garden.

Macca371
29-07-2004, 03:21
How can I word this....
monkey see, monkey do ;)
Seriously though you may have to be cruel to be kind and restrict the dog to the garden till it learns that you aren't going to get mad if it messes in the garden confines.

lol I haven't the heart to do that... he scratches the door and whimpers

One thing you could try is put the lead on then walk the doggy round the garden.

Good idea, I'll try it in the morning. Thanks for the suggestion.

Julian
29-07-2004, 03:25
You could always invite other dogs from the neighbourhood into your garen to do their stuff. He might then become territorial and mark his land accordingly. ;)

zoombini
29-07-2004, 08:38
When he does his stuff somewhere, collect some & put it in a certain corner of you garden, when you take the dog out to do his stuff there, have it on a lead & lead it to that corner.

Eventually it might get the idea that thats "poo corner".

etccarmageddon
29-07-2004, 08:41
dogs tend to follow what their owners do - so I suggest you take to using your garden as a toilet with the dog watching.

Macca371
13-01-2005, 19:55
dogs tend to follow what their owners do - so I suggest you take to using your garden as a toilet with the dog watching.

lol, seriously?

TheBlueRaja
13-01-2005, 19:57
Yeah, i do that all the time.

Dont have a dog though.

nffc
13-01-2005, 20:00

That's **** :LOL:

Ramrod
13-01-2005, 20:11
There might be an answer on this (http://www.petwebsite.com/forum.asp?whichpage=2&sortorder=&sortfield=&days=&FORUM_ID=16&CAT_ID=8&Forum_Title=Dogs+-+Training) forum.........

Earl of Bronze
13-01-2005, 20:26

Dont have a dog though.

ROTFLMFAO. :rofl:

I'd give you a green rep, but I have to tart it about some more first. :(

nffc
13-01-2005, 20:41

Dont have a dog though.

I could say something here, but I'll leave that for you to work out. ;)

ian@huth
13-01-2005, 22:09

Does that mean a lot of dog owners go round licking their ................ bowls :D

Maggy
13-01-2005, 22:11

Dont have a dog though.

I've not given out one of these for a looonng time. :)

Damn! Stupid swear filter!!

You will have to go to Incognitas Corner (http://incognitas.i-webhosted.co.uk/Miscellaneousfun.htm) to pick up The Effluent Award. ;)

Incog.

TheBlueRaja
13-01-2005, 22:14
I've not given out one of these for a looonng time. :)

You are a winner of http://incognitas.i-webhosted.co.uk/****award.jpg

Incog. :D

Im the winner of a faulty URL?

Gee, i dont know what to say (heads off to write a speech). ;)

Maggy
13-01-2005, 22:15
Im the winner of a faulty URL?

Gee, i dont know what to say (heads off to write a speech). ;)

The swearfilter on this site even affects image links. :rolleyes:

TheBlueRaja
13-01-2005, 22:20
Howsz at?

:D

PS. Do i get a certificate?

ian@huth
13-01-2005, 22:54
Howsz at?

:D

PS. Do i get a certificate?

You want certifying? :D :D :D

TheBlueRaja
13-01-2005, 23:08
LOL.

But I think were drifting off topic here... :D

AndrewJ
14-01-2005, 00:03

Dont have a dog though.

:dozey: :dozey: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nugget
14-01-2005, 09:28

Done and done for you matey!

Stu038
14-01-2005, 09:56
To get back on topic :)

Try fenceing off part of the garden, and put him in there at the times you would normally take him for a walk. After a day or two he'll get the idea.
The other big advantage is that all the doings are in one place saving you having to search the whole garden (and you always miss some) when you clean up, not a pleasant job if you have to miss a day or two.

STONEISLAND
14-01-2005, 10:48
People say its not best to do this but i find it works for my pup as he is all most house trained.

Make him smell it follwed by a sharp No!!! than a little slap.

It works :)

danielf
14-01-2005, 11:12
People say its not best to do this but i find it works for my pup as he is all most house trained.

Make him smell it follwed by a sharp No!!! than a little slap.

It works :)

I thought the plan was to -make- him poo in the garden, not teach him not to...

SMHarman
14-01-2005, 11:17
Do you have a word you used to train him to "piddle"

When we trained our dog we walked around in the garden with her often in circles (they seem to do that before they do) and said piddle. She go the hang of it.

STONEISLAND
14-01-2005, 11:24
I thought the plan was to -make- him poo in the garden, not teach him not to...

Than put him outside I did forget to say. :dozey:

Just to point out I have had 2 dogs in my life time all of which have been obedient and happy. ;)

A happy dog is a trained dog :)

Stuart
14-01-2005, 11:55
Do you have a word you used to train him to "piddle"

When we trained our dog we walked around in the garden with her often in circles (they seem to do that before they do) and said piddle. She go the hang of it.

I've always used "Be quick". Not that I object to the word "piddle" (or any variant) it's just our first dog was trained "The Woodhouse Way" (that was a good programme for training dogs - they should release it on DVD), and we have stuck with it..

etccarmageddon
14-01-2005, 12:12
mine's toilet trained but sometimes gets a slap when he forgets to put the seat back down.

STONEISLAND
14-01-2005, 12:22
mine's toilet trained but sometimes gets a slap when he forgets to put the seat back down.

:rofl: :rofl:

And I bet it works does it not :naughty: .

Macca371
14-01-2005, 13:34

LOL

Thanks for the new suggestions everyone! I shall try them.