PDA

View Full Version : Cable modem diagnostics

greencreeper
28-07-2004, 11:50
Are we supposed to access http://192.168.100.1/ ? I just had the engineer here and when he entered the URL in IE, it auto-completed the URL and he rounded on me and asked why I'd been accessing it, how did I know the password, had I changed anything... I was stunned. What's the issue? It's common knowledge and it isn't as if you can change anything :erm:

altis
28-07-2004, 12:20
LOL

When I swapped from STB to SACM, Bill C came round. He stood behind me and told me what to type to get into the diagnostics. Then he quickly took me through all the pages and told me what they meant.

GazzaB
28-07-2004, 12:20
Hi Greencreeper,
That tech was a bit out of order to speak to you like that! Of course you can access the internal diagnostics as long as you are careful not to change anything that can be changed. I wish more people knew how to access the internals. It would make my job much easier. :)

greencreeper
28-07-2004, 12:32
Well that's a relief. I was thinking I should hand myself in :D

The new modem requires me to set an IP address but it has much more detailed diagnostics, including an event log :tu: Also acquired a second silver thing - probably because the green box is about a meter from the brown box.

GazzaB
28-07-2004, 12:57
Well that's a relief. I was thinking I should hand myself in :D

The new modem requires me to set an IP address but it has much more detailed diagnostics, including an event log :tu: Also acquired a second silver thing - probably because the green box is about a meter from the brown box.

Yep, the ntl ambit 200 has more information on the internals. Sounds like your power levels needed pulling down as you are so close to the street cab!