PDA

View Full Version : Problem removing Correct Connect

Reg Sturt
27-07-2004, 20:23
Not quite sure which forum this should be in but here goes anyway. The CorrectConnect flash on the screen will not close. Everything I try is met with a non responsive ping. I read on one of the pages that it isn't needed anyway so I thought I would try and delete it. The add/remove program says it is being used elsewhere and cannot be deleted unless I close the other program. Problem is that I do not have any other programs open. Anyone out there can help.

Tezcatlipoca
27-07-2004, 20:37
:welcome: Reg Sturt :)

I've never used Correct Connect myself, but I'm sure someone else will be along soon with some help for you :)

Smilie
27-07-2004, 22:46
Open explorer and paste this in the address bar " %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup " (without the qutoations) ,then hit return and if there any entries from the programs ur after just delete them.

Alternatively try " %userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup "

Failing that...

if ur using xp u can use the built in MSCONFIG utility to prevent it from being run at startup.

do this by clicking on START > RUN and then type in the run box "msconfig", click ok.

Click on the startup tab and deselect any check boxes next to the items u want to prevent (usually they should have descriptive names so you should know which ones to get rid of).

Then Apply it, click ok and restart. It should then be gone although it is replaced by a windows box, just select the check box (so it wont pop up everytime windows starts).

Either one of them should solve the problem.

Sorry for not knowing the specifics as I have never installed the sw the comes with it, just plugged it into my machine and registered it manually.

that should stop it from starting up when u start windows
which should allow u to delete/remove it
or u could just try safe mode to enter windows and delete/remove it

Reg Sturt
02-08-2004, 20:19
thanks. It worked fine.