PDA

View Full Version : Cable Modem Activation?

Klaus
26-07-2004, 17:35
Hi,

I had NTL broadband through my cable modem up until a couple of months ago. I then switched to ADSL, but had been very unhappy with the speeds. So when I saw NTL were doing 60 days free, I thought I'd take advantage and sign back up with them.

Now, two missed appointments later, they have finally showed up. This was only because the engineer actually rang me to confirm the address as sales had managed to get it wrong. How they had got it wrong I don't know, as they just used all my old details. He also just took the number off the bottom of the modem, as I had never disconnected it. I asked the sales dept if I could do this and they said no...

So now the NTL engineer has told he just needs to ring up and get it activated. But I've had no letters from NTL regarding my user name, password or how to activate the connection. I'm using the cable modem connected via ethernet to my laptop. Can anyone tell me if I can just renew my IP address (which isn't working atm) or if there's a web site I have to visit to get it working?

The engineer didn't really know, but he gave me my PIN number and vaguely said I might need to use the site autoreg.autoregister.ntl?

Any ideas?

TIA :)

Klaus

Klaus
26-07-2004, 17:49
Some further browsing and I think I've found the answer to my problem in the post below. From that I take it that I'll be able to get a new IP via ipconfig /renew. Once I see that I'll be able to get onto the reg site :)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=7603

Klaus

Ignition
30-07-2004, 04:52
If this doesn't get sorted feel free to PM me the MAC of your new modem and I'll check it out from here.

GazzaB
30-07-2004, 12:13
Hi Klaus,
Which area are you in?