PDA

View Full Version : Parents annoyed at NTL

Electrolyte01
25-07-2004, 11:10
.....because of the price of 150k. It's £18 / month, and wannadoo do 512k package for the same price?

The upgrade coming isn't convincing them either.

Any one else think this is stupid? NTL costing so much?

Jon T
25-07-2004, 11:27
Wanadoo may do a 512k package for around £18 a month(i don't know), however your £18 a month to NTL has monthly telephone line rental included in it.

If you went down the wannadoo root, you would have to pay BT a line rental fee as well.

Jon

Electrolyte01
25-07-2004, 11:38
We don't have a BT phone line, we're on NTL for phone line aswell.

Electrolyte01
25-07-2004, 12:00
I think I'll go with BullDog All-Time 500, nice and cheap with NO band-width limit, and a nice 250k upload :D

etccarmageddon
25-07-2004, 12:01
Wanadoo may do a 512k package for around £18 a month(i don't know), however your £18 a month to NTL has monthly telephone line rental included in it.

wrong - NTL broadband prices dont include a 'free' phone line rental.

We don't have a BT phone line, we're on NTL for phone line aswell.
I think I'll go with BullDog All-Time 500, nice and cheap with NO band-width limit, and a nice 250k upload :D

you'll need to order a BT line as ADSL requires a BT line.

Stop It
25-07-2004, 12:19
.....because of the price of 150k. It's £18 / month, and wannadoo do 512k package for the same price?

The upgrade coming isn't convincing them either.

Any one else think this is stupid? NTL costing so much?
Dont forget Wanadoo has a pathetic 2GB a month download limit :P
For a comparable service (Still Only a 15GB a month cap) It costs £27.99 a month, MORE than Ntl, some things arent always what they seem, :P

Electrolyte01
25-07-2004, 12:35
BT line is in my area, that's how I found that bulldog ISP.

Maggy
25-07-2004, 12:47

Unfortunately parents do not always listen to their offspring. Get some bumpf together and leave it laying around for them to 'discover'. ;)

DrAwesome
26-07-2004, 16:23

You mean that your local BT exchange is covered by the Bulldog ADSL service, you still have to undergo a line servey to see if your BT line is okay to recieve any ADSL service (once you are reconnected to a BT phoneline that is) there is also a connection charge to consider *with Bulldog ADSL connection normally £50 (depending on which ADSL service you choose) unless you go for a promotional offer then the connection charge is either waved or less than normal.

There are also other factors to take into consideration.

*Other ADSL ips sometimes charge as much as £59.99

Matth
26-07-2004, 16:54
You MUST have a BT phone line for ADSL - so a BT phone line would have to be installed, even if later transferred to ITPLC (http://www.itplc.com) for cheaper rental (they do install but that's damn expensive - maybe BT are too!). ITPLC has a cheaper line rental than BT, and CAN be used for ADSL other than the BT Retail broadband package.

So it's a sizeable lump to get from NTL cable to ADSL, and be sure to compare like with like, and not a 1 or 2 Gb per month, with the 1Gb per DAY of NTL - and even that limit provoked fury!