PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo

Stuartbe
24-07-2004, 09:54
Hi All.....

Well the ADSL is up after a rather rocky start - not with nildram but with dlink... I set up the modem and was able to get out o.k. but I could not connect externaly to my mail web-end ect.... Called d-link and after a 40 minute wait I was told " dont know - update your firmware " :rolleyes:

Managed to sort out the problem anyway ( I was allready running the latest version )

Anyway - I am now back full time with a vengence so watch out :D

Damb glad to be back on my own connection I can tell you !! :)

Ramrod
24-07-2004, 10:08
:tu: :)

homealone
24-07-2004, 10:22
Nice one Stu - it must be quite a relief after so long, - you gonna let Smegs have a go then ;) :D

Stuartbe
24-07-2004, 10:25
Nice one Stu - it must be quite a relief after so long, - you gonna let Smegs have a go then ;) :D

Yep - just about to bring the wifi up when I have configured the firewall -- got to re-write all my ACL's :(

homealone
24-07-2004, 10:36
Yep - just about to bring the wifi up when I have configured the firewall -- got to re-write all my ACL's :(

lol - I'll send you my IP, hang on, you're a mod, you already know it, you'll have to pm me the login details :D

Seriously, it's good to hear you are 'up & running', we've missed you :)

Stuartbe
24-07-2004, 11:02
Life just gets better and better :)

Just got a letter this morning - I have landed myself a new full time job, the pay is good and its local. The job is for epos hardware support.....

Looks like I am going to be on the beer tonight :D

Paul K
24-07-2004, 11:08

Just got a letter this morning - I have landed myself a new full time job, the pay is good and its local. The job is for epos hardware support.....

Well done Stuart :) Glad things have started to fall into place for you :tu:
By the end of the weekend we are all expecting a post stating that your shed is fully functional ;)

Stuartbe
24-07-2004, 11:10
It nearly is - Am going to post some pics this weekend :D

Paul K
24-07-2004, 11:29
It nearly is - Am going to post some pics this weekend :D
Must be change of signature time then ;) What time are you off to the pub and is there a crane hire place nearby? :p:

paulyoung666
24-07-2004, 11:49
smegs where are you :D

kink
24-07-2004, 12:30
It nearly is - Am going to post some pics this weekend :DGood........ at last you're back :)
Now perhaps you could reply to my requests......... my begging even........ in this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=6988&page=1&pp=40
See: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=205962&postcount=59 for request :)

I've been waiting for months :(

danielf
24-07-2004, 12:34

Nice one! Congrats :)

Richard M
24-07-2004, 13:51
Nice one Stu. :D

dilli-theclaw
24-07-2004, 13:53
I'm glad you're back on and things are sorted - I've missed you :)

So much in fact that I'm going away to recover so you won't see me for a whole week. Try to cope :)

smegs
24-07-2004, 16:07
woo hoo stu spending even more time in his shed :rolleyes:

Maggy
24-07-2004, 16:09
Never mind we are still here for you. ;)

paulyoung666
24-07-2004, 16:46
Never mind we are still here for you. ;)

surely are :)

Stuartbe
26-07-2004, 23:21
Just to let you all know - my first day back at work full time was fab.. Nearly double the money of my last job and everyone is fantastic :)

They dont mind you using the net at work either !!!

Tezcatlipoca
26-07-2004, 23:23
Just to let you all know - my first day back at work full time was fab.. Nearly double the money of my last job and everyone is fantastic :)

They dont mind you using the net at work either !!!

Cool. Glad you're finally back in work, Stu - especially as it's better than the last job! :D

Stuartbe
26-07-2004, 23:24
Oh yes... :) :) :)

Looks like its time for me to have a bit of good fortune....

Theodoric
27-07-2004, 18:50
Hi All.....

Well the ADSL is up after a rather rocky start - not with nildram but with dlink... I set up the modem and was able to get out o.k. but I could not connect externaly to my mail web-end ect.... Called d-link and after a 40 minute wait I was told " dont know - update your firmware " :rolleyes:

Managed to sort out the problem anyway ( I was allready running the latest version )

Anyway - I am now back full time with a vengence so watch out :D

Damb glad to be back on my own connection I can tell you !! :)
Is there any connection between the ADSL and the shed?

Stuartbe
27-07-2004, 19:14
Yes - underground phone lines were installed while I was converting the shed :)

snodvan
27-07-2004, 19:39
Hi Stu
Good to have you back. Reading my SAGA magazine this week (yes, I'm THAT old) they have a short article on sheds / shedism etc. Has a nice sentence

"There is a theory that a man's shed begins where a boy's bedroom leaves off: a sacrosanct slice of territory where what numbskulls maight label eccentricities become reality".

Quotes the websites
www.shedheaven.com
www.readerssheds.co.uk
www.shedsummit.co.uk

Good for a laugh. Could even see some pics of Stu's shed on one of those sites.

Cheers