PDA

View Full Version : SACM Power Levels

m0`
23-07-2004, 22:29
I have an ambit modem, and a few months back I had to call an engineer out as apparently my modem was recieving 'too much' downstream power from the little green box outside my house. Now it seems the other way round :(

The current levels are:

Downstream Receive Power Level : 1.57 dBmv
Downstream SNR : 29.63 dB
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 45.00 dBmv

It took me ober 5 mins to load these forums up, I literally can't do anything.

My postcode is ST18, and theres nothing on the server status page about this area.

Any ideas?

paulyoung666
23-07-2004, 22:45
hi and :welcome: to the site , try this (http://www.broadbandspeedtest.net/) and let us know how you get on , i hope you enjoy your stay btw :D :D :D :D

mmm
24-07-2004, 01:51
I have an ambit modem, and a few months back I had to call an engineer out as apparently my modem was recieving 'too much' downstream power from the little green box outside my house. Now it seems the other way round :(

The current levels are:

Downstream Receive Power Level : 1.57 dBmv
Downstream SNR : 29.63 dB
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 45.00 dBmv

It took me ober 5 mins to load these forums up, I literally can't do anything.

My postcode is ST18, and theres nothing on the server status page about this area.

Any ideas?

Nothing wrong with those power levels, are you running file sharing software or something else hogging your bandwidth?

XFS03
24-07-2004, 10:39
Robin Walkers site tells you what kind of figures you should expect.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/signal.html#goodlevs

The downstream SNR looks borderline.

m0`
24-07-2004, 16:53
The robin walker site gives normal results for a 1mb line :(

So I dunno what to think. Its alot better now, although there is stil lsome slowness. As for running any software, nope. Just kept getting disconnected from msn/irc all the time.

Ah well, thanks for the replies. Just have to see how it goes.

mmm
25-07-2004, 00:16
The robin walker site gives normal results for a 1mb line :(

So I dunno what to think. Its alot better now, although there is stil lsome slowness. As for running any software, nope. Just kept getting disconnected from msn/irc all the time.

Ah well, thanks for the replies. Just have to see how it goes.

Are you connected directly to the modem via USB or Ethernet or Ethernet via Router?