PDA

View Full Version : Should men grow their fingernails?

Jon M
23-07-2004, 12:14
Personally, I think it looks utterly vile if a guy has long fingernails...

Here's some pictures to help you make your mind up:
** Warning ** Don't follow this link if the idea of men with long nails makes you queasy
http://www.xs4all.nl/~richardw/nails.htm

Paul
23-07-2004, 12:15
Since I bite mine - they will never get long.

paulyoung666
23-07-2004, 12:22
:sick: , nice and short is the way , plus you will have less chance of catching one and ripping it off :disturbd:

Dave Stones
23-07-2004, 12:35
i think just the same length of the fingertip is right. people with long nails need shooting, as do the people that bite their fingernails (think the really short ones that make their fingers look horrible, where the nail ends up about 0.5cm long). :erm:

Escapee
23-07-2004, 12:50
Since I bite mine - they will never get long.

I bite mine as well, so its not an issue.

I just wished they grew a bit faster!

danielf
23-07-2004, 12:51
I suppose clean is nice, but other than that, I couldn't care less. Manicured is definitely not a requirement. I tear mine btw.

kink
23-07-2004, 12:56
Personally, I think it looks utterly vile if a guy has long fingernails...

Here's some pictures to help you make your mind up:
** Warning ** Don't follow this link if the idea of men with long nails makes you queasy
http://www.xs4all.nl/~richardw/nails.htmAnd you think a woman with nails that long doesn't look vile? :erm:
The things that you have to negotiate that other people take for granted....... when i worked for Brent Council and saw nails that long either fake or real we decided that they gave the term 'Poop 'n' Scoop' added meaning :erm: :D

Jon M
23-07-2004, 12:59
And you think a woman with nails that long doesn't look vile?
I may have mis-read that question I think.. but anything over an inch would tend to look a bit slutty if you know what I mean :erm:

kink
23-07-2004, 13:11
I may have mis-read that question I think.. but anything over an inch would tend to look a bit slutty if you know what I mean :erm::)
I think the link you provided was what threw me....... the examples shown there are more than a little extreme for either sex :D

But i didn't equate your use of 'vile' with 'slutty' and now i know :)
I don't see the length of nails being anything other than impractical and a waste of time...... better spent doing other things :D
I only meant to say that if i used the examples in the link as a guideline...... then i'd find either sex guilty of having nothing better to do..... ;)

PS. oh and i'd get cremated if i were you........ they keep growing after you die so you'll have no choice in the matter :D *wonders if there's a Hollywood company which offers Post-Burial beautician services....... *

Gareth
27-07-2004, 00:11
Level with fingertip, imo ...apart from the 3rd finger on the left hand if you're a classical guitarist. Personally, I bite 'em, even though it's a disgusting habit and they're usually full of germs and stuff

bb31
27-07-2004, 00:19
just level with the finger tip, enough to run them up and down my back will do for me :drool:

Marge
27-07-2004, 00:29
just level with the finger tip, enough to run them up and down my back will do for me :drool:

ditto ;)

Earl of Bronze
27-07-2004, 00:38
Level with the fingertip, needed for axework.

And as bb31 and Chesty42 pointed out, also good for running down a womans back. :naughty:

Jon M
27-07-2004, 08:24
PS. oh and i'd get cremated if i were you........ they keep growing after you die so you'll have no choice in the matter :D *wonders if there's a Hollywood company which offers Post-Burial beautician services....... *
:disturbd: :rofl:
Nice one, although there's other things that can happen to a dead body that I'd be more worried about... my sister-in-law is a nurse and has some great stories about dealing with the deceased.
One of my favourites has to be the escape of built up gas from the body, which has obvious effects.. but sometimes a body will get such a build up that it will burp, but not only that, it can sit up to do so.. then even more weird.. it can make vocal noises because of the air ( more likely methane ;) ) going past the voice box. lovely eh! :D

Maggy
27-07-2004, 10:31
Having followed the link I was left wondering about the mentality of the person who set up the website!! :scratch:

Who thinks about this stuff? I frankly have too many other things to worrry about. :shrug:

Incog.

zoombini
27-07-2004, 10:38
Men usually have more sense than to grow them long.
We don't usually want to go spend hours getting them trimmed, painted etc.
Neither do we want to cut ourselves when we pick our nose, bum or scratch other parts. There is a reason for keeping them short :D

Jerrek
27-07-2004, 16:21
Long nails, on either sex, are bad. Colored nails are also bad. I much prefer short, neatly trimmed nails that are not colored. On both the fingers and the toes, thank you very much.

philip.j.fry
27-07-2004, 16:40
Men should grow them as long as they want them to be :) I used to grow mine long, perhaps not quite a centimetre from the fingertip. It certainly makes them easier to paint when they're longer. I stopped though after they kept getting ripped as I fiddled about inside my PC.

Chimaera
27-07-2004, 17:51
I prefer men to have short fingernails - anything else is just plain wrong!
And as for the manucures with polish some of them seem to have nowadays..... :rofl:

paulyoung666
27-07-2004, 18:04
I prefer men to have short fingernails - anything else is just plain wrong!
And as for the manucures with polish some of them seem to have nowadays..... :rofl:

deffo with you on this one :tu: :D