PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled 4 months ago - still getting billed

dronkula
23-07-2004, 12:21
Hi,

Ok - anyone know of the best way to get NTL to stop sending me bills?

I cancelled my account with them back in April. They sent a guy round to pickup the box, I signed for it and then paid the final payment that NTL said I owed. Since then though, they've sent me 3 more bills. The bills are for small amounts - 1 month they wanted 70p from me, the next month they then creditted me with 70p (cos they took the 70p from my account by Direct Debit - although I'm sure I cancelled that) and now this month they say they owe my £1.80.

I really don't care - I just want them to close the account down properly and stop bugging me. Each time I've called them up when I get the bill to put out that I've actually closed my account a while back and each time I'm told that they'll definately sort it out this time and they'll send me a cheque for what they owe me. The last time I called them was yesterday - but I'm not any more satisfied that they'll sort this out than the other 3 times...

What I'm more concerned about is that they've obviously not closed my account properly and so it only takes someone to press the wrong button in NTL-Land and suddenly I owe them 4 months subscription or line rental or something. And once they put this charges onto the account, I suspect getting them removed is going to be a nightmare...

Anyone got any suggestions of a plan of attack now?

Nemesis
23-07-2004, 12:24
Calling Orangebird, Orangebird come in please :D

paulyoung666
23-07-2004, 12:30
i think she is watching a dvd at the mo :D :D :D

surely you can check with your bank and see if the dd is still live cant you , if it is cancel it :)

orangebird
23-07-2004, 12:32
i think she is watching a dvd at the mo :D :D :D

surely you can check with your bank and see if the dd is still live cant you , if it is cancel it :)

Don't do that - if the debt turns bad (whether you actually owe it or not), it'll mark your credit history. I'll pm dronkula with a handy direct phone number. :)

paulyoung666
23-07-2004, 12:37
Don't do that - if the debt turns bad (whether you actually owe it or not), it'll mark your credit history. I'll pm dronkula with a handy direct phone number. :)

sorry little orange birdy :( :D :D

orangebird
23-07-2004, 12:39
sorry little orange birdy :( :D :D

No probs. But as long as dronkula can afford the odd 80p here and there, I'd just let them keep debiting and crediting till it gets sorted. :) Save it going belly up for him later.

paulyoung666
23-07-2004, 12:42
No probs. But as long as dronkula can afford the odd 80p here and there, I'd just let them keep debiting and crediting till it gets sorted. :) Save it going belly up for him later.

very true , very true :)