PDA

View Full Version : Orange Hell

seaneeboy
22-07-2004, 10:47
Wasn't sure where to post this, but the customer service frustration I went though with Orange surprised me soemwhat. all the same, it can be nice to know that NTL users are not alone in having to put up with rubbish customer service sometimes!

ORANGE!

Ususally great, but christ their billing department are a bunch of ignorant sods...

Seaneeboy: I'd like to change my direct debit date to 23rd, so you don't keep getting told there isn't enough cash in my account.
Billing: Oooh, can't do that. You can change your payment date though
S: Er.... OK, go on then...
B: OK, that's your direct debit cancelled...
S: Eh? What?
B: Yes, all you have to do now is every month go into your nearest Orange store and pay your bill. as long as the money appears before the first of the next month, that'll be ok!
S: Hang on, so, I can't have direct debit anymore?
B: No, i'm afraid the schedule is full.
S: FULL?!? But what about new customers
B: You'll also incurr a £3 a month non-direct debit charge for using this service.
S: Service?! NOT getting it all done automatically and annoying my bank?
B: Yes, sir, all you have to do it go...
S: Forget it! Can you just put me back on the direct debit? I'm not paying an extra £3 a month!
B: Sorry, I can't put it back on until tomorrow. It would confuse the system.
S: So now I have nothing set up to pay my bills at all?!?
B: All you have to...
S: Yes yes yes. listen, set it back up again tomorrow.
B: OK, thanks for your call
*click*

/me writes a letter to the bank saying not to pay orange till the 23rd of each month.

MUCH easier.

Electrolyte01
22-07-2004, 10:57
That person sounded more like a computer than a service helper :erm:

Dave Stones
22-07-2004, 11:00
i think it is luck of the draw with orange. all the times i have rung up they have been great with me, for canceling contracts, insurance, changing service plan and all that.

i too asked the DD date to change once too, at the time their "systems" were down (yeh right, obviously fag break time) and they said someone would ring back in a couple of hours when they were online again to sort it out. i almost crapped my pants when someone actually DID ring up and changed everything with no hassle :D

the only problem they have with me is that they keep wanting me to set up a "security password" thing so only i have access to my account. I still haven't, after over 18 months with them :erm:

seaneeboy
22-07-2004, 11:01
That would have been ok. This was a "Bubbly" woman.

She'll! Tell! You! Everything! Is! Broken! But! With! A! Smile! And! Very Enthusiastically!

Dave Stones
22-07-2004, 11:03
That would have been ok. This was a "Bubbly" woman.

She'll! Tell! You! Everything! Is! Broken! But! With! A! Smile! And! Very Enthusiastically!
nah, these were melancholy scottish people who sounded desperate for nicotine...

the COMET customer services department, now THAT is fun to ring up and harass ;)

seaneeboy
22-07-2004, 11:10
Haha - I'm with you on Comet - they're a "laugh"

bob_builder
22-07-2004, 12:10
Seaneeboy: I'd like to change my direct debit date to 23rd, so you don't keep getting told there isn't enough cash in my account.
Billing: Oooh, can't do that. You can change your payment date though
S: Er.... OK, go on then...
B: OK, that's your direct debit cancelled...
If I were you I would ring back and check that they have a direct debit set up, tomorrow.
I once wanted to change a direct debit and rang up and told them so. They said OK and started taking the new account details. But for some reason they could/would not set it up with the new account. So I asked them to just leave it as it is but they said that they had had to delete the old direct debit mandate and could not just reinstate it. I had to go through the whole process of setting it up with the old account details all over again!

Colin
22-07-2004, 21:01
Daves right, i think it's the luck of the draw, you normally get fantstiv people there. But if you get a bad one, its very very bad

seaneeboy
23-07-2004, 12:34
they were good enought o ring me back yesterday to re-set-up the DD details.

Sadly, it was the same CS operative and was just as unhelpful :(