PDA

View Full Version : Exercise

pwalthew
22-07-2004, 03:14
Well, I've just got in from another long run - I run for around 30-60 minutes every night then do some press ups, sit ups and chin ups when I get home.

What do you all do for exercise?

The only thing hampering my 'healthy' lifestyle is that I'm still trying to kick the smoking habit! Down to five a day but should be down to zero in the next few weeks.

BTW for residents of Stanground in Peterborough I'm the scary skinhead who goes running up and down Oakdale Avenue on a nightly basis :D

pwalthew
22-07-2004, 03:16
BTW Part 2

Apologies to the three young ladies walking on the opposite side of the road to where I was running who jumped out of their skins :Yikes: as I came running up from behind them, my intentions were health and nothing else! :erm:

greencreeper
22-07-2004, 04:02
I prefer to conserve energy for when I really need it - e.g. an Alsation on the loose, or the last bus home arriving 5 minutes early :D

pwalthew
22-07-2004, 04:16
Last orders at the local? :D

greencreeper
22-07-2004, 04:28
Last orders at the local? :D

Well if I ever willing ventured in a pub, then yes :D

The wasp's nest destroyer that didn't do what it said on the can...

pwalthew
22-07-2004, 04:38
Well if I ever willing ventured in a pub, then yes :D

The wasp's nest destroyer that didn't do what it said on the can...
I have difficulty in staying out of pubs! :D

greencreeper
22-07-2004, 04:44
The only thing hampering my 'healthy' lifestyle is that I'm still trying to kick the smoking habit! Down to five a day but should be down to zero in the next few weeks.

I have difficulty in staying out of pubs! :D

Beware your sins shall find ye out :D

Mr_love_monkey
22-07-2004, 06:58
I'm a member of a gym, and try to go three times a week, to do my workout - try being the operative word. I haven't been in the last week since I've hurt my thighs... :(

homealone
22-07-2004, 08:43
well I cheated - normally I cycle the 3 miles to work, but today I took advantage of the offer of a lift;)

SOSAGES
22-07-2004, 08:44
i would like to be fit but its all so much effort - im not fat but i admit the constant bad food i eat is now getting to my belly :) - its no my fault i cant stand the taste of healthy food..
as for excerise - i do none :( i need a lazy way to get fit.

Ramrod
22-07-2004, 09:05
Tai Chi, press-ups, some weights at home, trying to start running again......not doing anything like I used to do before we had kids

gary_580
22-07-2004, 09:10
walk to walk every day and walk home at lunch time. Cycle the odd 20 miles here and there. Used to swim 1km a day but stopped that due to knee problems.

i ought to do more, i ought to do more, i ought to do more

aliferste
22-07-2004, 09:19
I go to the gym regulary.......do a bit of running, other kinds of cardio and lift weights.

When you stop smoking after about a week you will find your chest easing up a bit when ou go running by the way......

skyblueheroes
22-07-2004, 09:19
5-a-side footy once a week - used to be twice.
Squash once a week (although not for 6/7 weeks now).

LSainsbury
22-07-2004, 12:28
Sexercise is great! :-)

ian@huth
22-07-2004, 12:38
i would like to be fit but its all so much effort - im not fat but i admit the constant bad food i eat is now getting to my belly :) - its no my fault i cant stand the taste of healthy food..
as for excerise - i do none :( i need a lazy way to get fit.

Ramrod posted something about staring at naked breasts for ten minutes a day was as good as 30 minutes exercise and makes you live longer. :D :D

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=262469&postcount=178

Chimaera
22-07-2004, 13:11
Well I have just returned to my office after a morning af running around after 20 kids on bikes on a school playground - all in the name of Road Safety of course!
I'm off for more of the same this afternoon - doing that for 4 days a week could probably be counted as exercise I suppose!

pwalthew
23-07-2004, 23:43
Sexercise is great! :-)
That's the same opinion as the missus - she'd rather I did some of that than go running - sometimes I stand my ground and hold out :D

Ramrod
24-07-2004, 00:10
Ramrod posted something about staring at naked breasts for ten minutes a day was as good as 30 minutes exercise and makes you live longer. :D :D

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=262469&postcount=178Damn right! I'm standing by that post! :D

Earl of Bronze
24-07-2004, 01:53
Damn right! I'm standing by that post! :D

Or is that a post standing beside you? ;) :)

Tricky
24-07-2004, 14:22
Play golf as often as I can, walking 7K+ with a bag and 14 clubs not to mention loads of balls, waterproofs and food and drink

paulyoung666
24-07-2004, 15:04
rather restricted atm due to a very nasty leg injury at work :( , mind you the best laugh was the yearly medical at work where they asked you what exercise you did outside of work , the standard response was ' is at least 50-60 flights of stairs with a toolbag a day not enough ' , i dont think they ever understood what i was getting at :D :D :D :D