PDA

View Full Version : Business Samsung cable modem IP?

JonathanLH
21-07-2004, 11:34
How does one bring up the cable modem web diagnostics for these cable modems, 192.168.100.1 doesn't work, anyone else know the IP of them?
I've had a search on google and can't find any helpful info on them.
I am trying to get access to the line status, ie s/n ratio and power levels.
Can docsdiag be used with the UBR search method on the MAC address?

paulyoung666
21-07-2004, 11:51
try it and see , it works with terayons , so it might with your box , if i may ask , why do you need to know ?????????????? :)

JonathanLH
21-07-2004, 12:04
because i work for a computer company who are doing work for another company, and they are having intermittant issues with some of their internet based programs between multiple offices and from office to internet.

paulyoung666
21-07-2004, 12:14
because i work for a computer company who are doing work for another company, and they are having intermittant issues with some of their internet based programs between multiple offices and from office to internet.

fair enough :) , have you tried docsdiag ????????? , did it work ???????? :)

JonathanLH
21-07-2004, 12:20
not yet, as i'd need to go on-site to get the mac address of the cable modem so that docsdiag has autority to do the scan thing.
hence i wanted a quick way, ie, the ip address of the web stats :)

APS
21-07-2004, 17:24
Docsdiag does work with the Samsung 140s. The Mac address is printed on a label on top of the modem.

You can also find out the MAC address by going to the memberservices page and selecting the Cable modem option (bottom left) of the screen.

APS

slimshady
22-07-2004, 11:54
JonathanLH - Might be an idea to log a call with the Business Essentials Helpdesk - They should be able to use a tool called Bluetools to find out some of the information from the UBR (the router the cable network is connected to) or additionally they should be able to pass to their second line support team who should have direct access to the ubr to find this info out.

I did have some instructions ages ago on how to get the page up on the Samsung cable modem but could never get it to work :( it invovled hard coding your IP address in the same range as the modem but it didn't seem to work - maybe it was just the modem we had.

JonathanLH
22-07-2004, 16:23
worked with docsdiag doing a ubrip search with the cmmac option :)
turns out both offices have an excellent connection with ntl, only the vpn likes to drop now and then which is becoming a problem as programs get annoyed and stop syncing.