PDA

View Full Version : Possible moving house - problems

BlueMeany
16-07-2004, 01:09
I may have to move house through no fault of my own (family reasons).

I'm currently on ntl with broadband etc which I transferred onto SACM after being on STB for over two years - had to transfer to SACM, STB kept crashing (1Mb)

Thing is, the place I'm looking at moving to doesn't have ntl... but does have telewest.

Am I gonna get stung for the remainder of my 12month SACM contract if I have to move?? Or can I transfer it all over to telewest - are telewest part of ntl yet (are they ever gonna be)?

Help!

Tezcatlipoca
16-07-2004, 01:24
Hi BlueMeany :)

As far as I know, if you are moving to a non-NTL area, there is no penalty for cancelling when still within the 12 month contract.

(I'm sure one of the NTL associates who post here will be along in the day to clarify/correct if that's wrong).

As for NTL/TW...nope, they're still separate companies.

SMHarman
16-07-2004, 12:06
Matt D is correct, they can't enforce the term of the contract if they are unable to provide service to your dwelling. I'm sure they would love to but I would imagine the Unfair Contract Terms Act comes into play.

You would sign up for a new 12 months with Telewest.

orangebird
16-07-2004, 12:09
I may have to move house through no fault of my own (family reasons).

I'm currently on ntl with broadband etc which I transferred onto SACM after being on STB for over two years - had to transfer to SACM, STB kept crashing (1Mb)

Thing is, the place I'm looking at moving to doesn't have ntl... but does have telewest.

Am I gonna get stung for the remainder of my 12month SACM contract if I have to move?? Or can I transfer it all over to telewest - are telewest part of ntl yet (are they ever gonna be)?

Help!

Hi BlueMeany,

If you're moving to a non servicable area within the 12 months, you can give 30 days notice and the contract will be cancelled. They may ask you for your new address details just to confirm this, but that's about it.

ntl and Telewest are not one company - yet...
:)

Feenix
17-07-2004, 02:06

ntl and Telewest are not one company - yet...
:)

know something we don't know?!?! ;)