PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities at work?

Russ
15-07-2004, 19:22
During the course of your work, have you ever dealt with a celebrity?

Whilst at work at the DVLA today, I sold a personalised registration to none other than....Craig David :D

He seemed like a decent bloke too :)

Ramrod
15-07-2004, 19:26
Rik Mayall, Stratford Johns, Sister Wendy, The lead singer of Jethro Tull (I think thats the band :scratch: ), Tula ('she' was a Bond 'girl' ;) )

Paul K
15-07-2004, 19:26
Proper bo that Russ ;) Never got close to a celebrity, my only close encounter was when I saw a rather old and bloated looking John Lowe at the airport :erm:
Swear I've seen a thread like this before :confused:

Ramrod
15-07-2004, 19:27
Swear I've seen a thread like this before :confused:I can't remember if it was here or .com.....

Russ
15-07-2004, 19:27
That was probably about celebrities you've seen...this is about celebrities that your work has brought you in to contact with :)

Paul K
15-07-2004, 19:29
The sort of similar threads that normally get merged then ;) I dunno, one rule for us lowly members and another for..... :p:
(Just kidding LOL)

Bex
15-07-2004, 19:33
mike hucknell, paddy from emmerdale, b*witched, robbie from easterenders, vera from corrie, robson green
all while working in sainsbury's

Alanmelon
15-07-2004, 19:39
Only 2 minor celebs - both contact lens customers;

Sam Kane (ex-Brookside, Night Fever, married to Linda Lusardi)
Stuart White (news anchor for BBC East)

Dave Stones
15-07-2004, 19:44
when i worked at domino's in birmingham, BRMB (local radio) got emma bunton to ring up and order a pizza...

Chimaera
15-07-2004, 19:47
I had Trudy Goodwin (Sgt June Ackland I think) from the Bill on the phone once - and my boss quite likes her! So when I told him she was waiting to speak to him he was calling me everything - well I have been known to - erm - 'pull his leg' from time to time!
Anyway - the look on his face when he took the call and it was her! :Yikes:

homealone
15-07-2004, 20:00
Anna Carteret - played Inspector Kate Longton in 'Juliet Bravo' - while working for an agency in London, I was on the removal crew that helped her move house.

Some Rock celebrities while helping a guy I knew who was Front of House Manager at the Chalk Farm Roundhouse in the 80's - Ian Dury, Elvis Costello, Hugh Cornwell (The Stranglers) and Lemmy (Motorhead). (my 'wages' were back stage passes) :)

Richard M
15-07-2004, 20:22
Loads, even royalty - my favourite by far though was Isla Fisher who came to my hotel in the dead of night wanting to see Darren Day :rolleyes: who was staying there.

She is so cute in real life. :romance:

skyblueheroes
15-07-2004, 20:27
A pension for Emmerdale's jack sudgen ! Oh, and Martin Brundle's.

Chris
15-07-2004, 20:28
Ummm ... the Queen. :D

Maggy
15-07-2004, 20:30
All I get at work are the local MP(a total berk)and so called local dignitaries.Who wants to meet them except to ask them why they are screwing up local affairs? :(

I didn't even get to meet the drummer from Status Que or the Portsmouth Footballer Alan Knight.

I never meet ANYONE!!

Paul K
15-07-2004, 20:30
Jerrek? Oh sorry THE Queen ;)

Chris
15-07-2004, 20:31

:rofl: Nope, definitely Her Majesty.

kronas
15-07-2004, 20:38
I never meet ANYONE!!

your lucky to have met someone famous atleast. i never have . :(

Chimaera
15-07-2004, 20:40
your lucky to have met someone famous atleast. i never have . :(
Perhaps not so far Kronas - but with all those Avril tickets you must surely have, it's only a matter of time....... ;)

kronas
15-07-2004, 20:42
Perhaps not so far Kronas - but with all those Avril tickets you must surely have, it's only a matter of time....... ;)

*faints ;) *gets back up

i want to meet other people in reality...anyone prefrebly keira knightly :) i just want to tell her how gorgeous she is and not to be so downhearted about her looks, its not the most important thing, she should look to her acting qualities most of all her personailty etc :)

Russ
15-07-2004, 20:44
At The Wave, I've met Jo Guest, Cerys Matthews, Phixx, Hannah "the sinister looking one from S Club 7" Spearitt, Josh Rafter (one of the gays from Big Brother 2), Roberto Martinez (Swansea City FC captain), 'Nasty' Nick Bateman and in one of life's defining moments...Mylene Klass :luv: :eek: :drool: :drool: :drool: :romance: :kiss: :naughty:

Damien
15-07-2004, 20:49
*faints ;) *gets back up

i want to meet other people in reality...anyone prefrebly keira knightly :) i just want to tell her how gorgeous she is and not to be so downhearted about her looks, its not the most important thing, she should look to her acting qualities most of all her personailty etc :)
Not to be downhearted by her looks? Why would she be? Am i missing something here?

Paul K
15-07-2004, 20:51

:rofl: Nope, definitely Her Majesty.
I know it was bad but I couldn't help it ;)

kronas
15-07-2004, 20:57
Not to be downhearted by her looks? Why would she be? Am i missing something here?

*searching news index

link found 1, source: sky news

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,15410-13010178,00.html

quote:

British actress Keira Knightley has told how people are often "disappointed" when they meet her - because she is not beautiful enough.

The 18-year-old Bend it Like Beckham and Pirates of the Caribbean star also disclosed she rarely gets asked on dates.

"Maybe it's because I'm too thick to realise but very few people have chatted me up,"

:(

Maggy
15-07-2004, 20:59

Whilst at work at the DVLA today, I sold a personalised registration to none other than....Craig David :D

He's a local lad from Southampton.Why are you so surprised he is nice?By all acounts he is a sweetheart. :)

Paul K
15-07-2004, 21:06

You sold it to him today? Weird, normally he is busy on Thurdays....

we were making love by Wednesday and on Thursday & Friday & Saturday, we chilled on Sunday
Must have sqeezed you into his schedule ;)

Damien
15-07-2004, 21:10
*searching news index

link found 1, source: sky news

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,15410-13010178,00.html

quote:

:(
Dont worry they all say that.

I dount many people would just go and ask her out in the middle of the street

gary_580
15-07-2004, 21:13
Had Nick Ross from Crimestoppers and Eddie Jordan at work. Flew from Boston sitting next to Phil Jupitas and was on the same plane a Sir Trevor McDonald a few years ago.

Was on a train from London years ago when Tim Healy (Dennis from Auf Weidersen Pet) he was so drunk he fell over in the aisle

Damien
15-07-2004, 21:14
I remember will will self put Graig david into Room 101. Funny stuff

gary_580
15-07-2004, 21:25

ohhh earlier it was Towny, then its Chris T hmmm should we be addressing your as Sir Chris?

Ramrod
15-07-2004, 21:27
Ummm ... the Queen. :D'kin 'ell Towny! :shocked: How did that happen? she should look to her acting qualities :rofl: Stop kronas, your killing me :rofl:

kronas
15-07-2004, 21:34
:rofl: Stop kronas, your killing me :rofl:

did i say something funny ? i was being serious, reminds me i really do need to watch her movies more closer ;) :p: :D

Colin
15-07-2004, 21:42
I served Ian Beale from Eastenders, he was a scruffy looking bleeder. And the man from the Krankies errrr, i mean the real man, not the woman who dresses up as a young boy. What a thrilling life i have

Indians
15-07-2004, 21:56
Richard Branson at a design consultants in Plymouth some years ago, nice bloke.

Ramrod
15-07-2004, 21:56
did i say something funny ? i was being serious, reminds me i really do need to watch her movies more closer ;) :p: :DWell her breasts did some convincing heaving in 'Pirates' but as for the acting ability of the rest of her :rolleyes: :D

Tezcatlipoca
15-07-2004, 22:29

Eddie Izzard
Richard Madeley

bb31
15-07-2004, 22:31
Martin Bashir came into work once to interview my boss. Very suprised at how little he was

Paul K
15-07-2004, 22:34
Martin Bashir came into work once to interview my boss. Very suprised at how little he was
Interview your boss? Hang on! You don't work for HIM do you? ;) :p:

kronas
15-07-2004, 23:15

i dont know why if i saw him i would swear uncontrollibly at him, maybe a right hook as well ;) :erm:

Well her breasts did some convincing heaving in 'Pirates' but as for the acting ability of the rest of her :rolleyes: :D

lol.........

Chris
16-07-2004, 00:05
'kin 'ell Towny! :shocked: How did that happen? :rofl:

In my capacity as a journalist on the Chester Chronicle back in about 1998, when she came and opened a new suspension bridge on my patch. As a hack I wasn't formally introduced, but I got to stand right next to her and earwig conversations with all the over-excited local councillors at the civic reception.

Paul K
16-07-2004, 00:08
In my capacity as a journalist on the Chester Chronicle back in about 1998, when she came and opened a new suspension bridge on my patch. As a hack I wasn't formally introduced, but I got to stand right next to her and earwig conversations with all the over-excited local councillors at the civic reception.
The noise of lips on buttocks must have been deafening ;)

Chris
16-07-2004, 00:11
The noise of lips on buttocks must have been deafening ;)

A room full of revolutionary old Labourites reduced to establishment-propping bottom lickers. It was in degrees both sad and hilarious.

carlingman
16-07-2004, 01:43
Well not met as such (apart from some of the polite ones) but have worked with the following as my 2nd job shall we say.

Session drummed with -

UB40
Peter Gabriel
Mike Rutherford (Mike And The Mechanics)
New Order

Must say though Peter Gabriel ace in concert, ace singer but what an ignorant bstard in real life even towards his backing singers and studio managers and band.

:D

SMHarman
16-07-2004, 13:10
Well not met as such (apart from some of the polite ones) but have worked with the following as my 2nd job shall we say.

Session drummed with -

UB40
Peter Gabriel
Mike Rutherford (Mike And The Mechanics)
New Order

Must say though Peter Gabriel ace in concert, ace singer but what an ignorant bstard in real life even towards his backing singers and studio managers and band.

Was this concert backing or studio for album tracks? If the latter, what tracks can we hear you on?

Graham
16-07-2004, 15:02
Sister Wendy, The lead singer of Jethro Tull (I think thats the band :scratch: )

Err, Sister Wendy is *NOT* the lead singer of Jethro Tull. That's Ian Anderson! :D :D :D

As to my reply to the topic, alas, due to client confidentiality considerations I can neither confirm nor deny any celebrities as customers...!

carlingman
17-07-2004, 03:18
Was this concert backing or studio for album tracks? If the latter, what tracks can we hear you on?

Unfortunately i was not better than regular players to appear on any recorded tracks which is no shame for me due to the competition I was up against.

But for abit more information on the three quoted -

I was a session/sound check drummer for Peter Gabriel for the sound check and pre lim live concert at the Birmingham NEC gig in 1994 and played back up behind the stage screen in case the marvellous Manu Katche failed.

Similar at the Apollo Theater Manchester in 2001 when New Order played, sound check and warm up and rehearsal, got a nice wad of cash and free concert and also a signed gold disk out of it at a later from Bernie himself.

My nearest recording came with Mike Rutherford when I played at a session for GLR Radio in London but they re recorded it and I never made it to fame.

Escapee
17-07-2004, 20:34
Unfortunately i was not better than regular players to appear on any recorded tracks which is no shame for me due to the competition I was up against.

But for abit more information on the three quoted -

I was a session/sound check drummer for Peter Gabriel for the sound check and pre lim live concert at the Birmingham NEC gig in 1994 and played back up behind the stage screen in case the marvellous Manu Katche failed.

Similar at the Apollo Theater Manchester in 2001 when New Order played, sound check and warm up and rehearsal, got a nice wad of cash and free concert and also a signed gold disk out of it at a later from Bernie himself.

My nearest recording came with Mike Rutherford when I played at a session for GLR Radio in London but they re recorded it and I never made it to fame.

I had a friend who I used to play with, he was a drummer much older than me and I understand did some session drumming with Clapton. I dont think he ever made it ony any tracks either, he was a really good drummer and most of what I heard about his playing in the 60's was from people who knew him back then.

I remember there used to be some very good musicians around South Wales, I played a few gigs with some and enjoyed it. But I prefered the money I could make solo back then.

I remember earning more money when I was still in school, than when I turned 17 and was working full time for a living. I couldn't play many gigs on the weekend then because I had discovered beer and women. :D