PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Enhanced

Daniel H
21-06-2003, 18:06
So with Wimbledon starting this Monday, who thinks that us Ex-C&W customers will get this enhanced content? You know what its like with NTL, we'll end up getting it half way through the tournament.

:shrug:

Gogogo
21-06-2003, 18:41
Well, we are ex-CWC & ex-Videotron so no way will we be able to enjoy enhanced services, pity.

:eek:

Tristan
22-06-2003, 00:02
Originally posted by Daniel H
So with Wimbledon starting this Monday, who thinks that us Ex-C&W customers will get this enhanced content? You know what its like with NTL, we'll end up getting it half way through the tournament.

:shrug:

I'm unusually optimistic with this. I think it'll happen, and it'll work well....

...which means I'm going to have a lot of egg on my face when half the country's STBs crash on Monday afternoon...

rippedoff
23-06-2003, 18:22
Originally posted by Gogogo
Well, we are ex-CWC & ex-Videotron so no way will we be able to enjoy enhanced services, pity.

:eek:

Exactly, all of us ex-CWC / Videotron customers are really looking forward to hearing how wonderful (:D ) the interactive Wimbledon will be!
Let's get it straight from the beginning of this site's life:
NOT ALL EX-CWC HAVE CR3 / INTERACTIVE OR BB !

:D

Mr_Burns
23-06-2003, 18:34
Don't forget those of us on the Langley Platform who won't get it as well!:mad:

allanprg
23-06-2003, 18:55
I've just been watching BBCi on Wimbledon. It looks really great. NTL have done good. Let's hope there will be more of this interactive on other channels.
;) :cool: :)

Martin
23-06-2003, 19:13
Well my goodness, I just tried it and it works and it looks great. Very impressed.:)

poolking
23-06-2003, 19:14
Originally posted by Mr_Burns
Don't forget those of us on the Langley Platform who won't get it as well!:mad:

We will get it sometime in the next century.

You gotta love the optimism in the air. :D

DS_Morpheus
23-06-2003, 19:54
Hello all,
I am collecting feedback, comments and suggestions at DS.
See this thread
http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/t/69386/ds.html

Morpheus
23-06-2003, 20:02
as long as they dont get the two of us mixed up

Mr_Burns
23-06-2003, 21:31
Originally posted by poolking
We will get it sometime in the next century.

You gotta love the optimism in the air. :D

To be honest, I've given up all hope of ever having enhanced interactive services, what with the delays in testing 'CR3' for original areas. I'd heard that the testing had been put back to later on this year, with no doubt it being postponed again :rolleyes: I think I'd prefer to have the channels re-numbered;)

paul11974
23-06-2003, 22:59
Have been watching the coverage today on bbc1 and ....YIPEEEEEEEEEEE .my RED BUTTON works i had to do a refresh on my set top box to get it going but hey....im immpressed ntl ....i would love to know if this is gonna be rolled out for the enhanced coverage on SKY NEWS ..SKY SPORTS ect ect ? :wavey:

ianarc
23-06-2003, 23:08
After being very sceptical am pleased to say it works !!! Very impressive too.

Tristan
24-06-2003, 00:03
Originally posted by paul11974
Have been watching the coverage today on bbc1 and ....YIPEEEEEEEEEEE .my RED BUTTON works i had to do a refresh on my set top box to get it going but hey....im immpressed ntl ....i would love to know if this is gonna be rolled out for the enhanced coverage on SKY NEWS ..SKY SPORTS ect ect ? :wavey:

Well, Sky News and Sky Sports Interactive would depend on Sky spending money on providing it. Sky spending money on providing a service for NTL customers. Does anybody else see that as fairly unlikely?

Pieman
24-06-2003, 08:48
After a restart of the STB everything was tickety-boo and I did notice the "Press Red" is a not as bold [obtrusive] as the Digital Satellite version - however it can be removed from screen by pressing the Back key.........

Rojo Habe
24-06-2003, 19:03
Originally posted by Tristan
Well, Sky News and Sky Sports Interactive would depend on Sky spending money on providing it. Sky spending money on providing a service for NTL customers. Does anybody else see that as fairly unlikely?

They would no doubt charge ntl for any expense incurred in providing these services.

What's encouraging is the fact that we've shown that we can provide these kind of services, and hence more providers (Sky, Channel 4 etc.) may now be more willing to allow us access to their Interactive content with the confidence that we won't screw it up and make them look stupid.