PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling NTL Broadband

lincsat
14-07-2004, 19:42
Does Cancelling NTL Broadband also cancel the NTL World E-mail account? If not how long does the NTL World e-mail remain active?

Tezcatlipoca
14-07-2004, 19:46
Yeah, as far as I know - unless the ntlworld email address is tied to an NTL dial-up account rather than to the BB account.

(but if I'm wrong, then can someone please correct me :) )

gary_580
14-07-2004, 20:04
Not sure about that. I had NTL dial up and when i moved to BB had the same email account.

homealone
14-07-2004, 20:28
Not sure about that. I had NTL dial up and when i moved to BB had the same email account.

IIRC there is a point during registration where you get the choice of keeping the dialup addy separate & getting a new one for BB, or 'porting' it to the BB account. We opted to keep ours separate, so still have two accounts.

gary_580
14-07-2004, 20:39
IIRC there is a point during registration where you get the choice of keeping the dialup addy separate & getting a new one for BB, or 'porting' it to the BB account. We opted to keep ours separate, so still have two accounts.

oh, too many years ago for me to remember that. lol

zoombini
15-07-2004, 08:21
I cancelled all yet I can still access my NTL bb email account.

Shows you how good at closing things they are :D

gary_580
15-07-2004, 10:46
Do they leave it open for a period of time?

scrotnig
15-07-2004, 10:50
It should be closed when you cancel.

Some set top box customers may find it stays open for a short time, however, a script is being worked on that is going to close all email accounts that don't have a valid broadband or dialup account to go with them, so expect it to stop working soon.

Also coming to Harmony will be the facility most ISPs now have, whereby if you have a PAYG dialup account and don't login for 30 days, the email address will stop working. So ultimately will be necessary to have an active ntl internet access account to use the email services, which is only right and proper.

madcap
15-07-2004, 19:37
It should be closed when you cancel.

Some set top box customers may find it stays open for a short time, however, a script is being worked on that is going to close all email accounts that don't have a valid broadband or dialup account to go with them, so expect it to stop working soon.

Also coming to Harmony will be the facility most ISPs now have, whereby if you have a PAYG dialup account and don't login for 30 days, the email address will stop working. So ultimately will be necessary to have an active ntl internet access account to use the email services, which is only right and proper.

what a load of boll***s my main e-mail addy is from my payg dial-up account that only gets used when BB is down, is it safe to assume that I'll lose my website too then?

15-07-2004, 21:56
what a load of boll***s my main e-mail addy is from my payg dial-up account that only gets used when BB is down, is it safe to assume that I'll lose my website too then?

apparently its just gonna affect the mail boxes for the unused accounts....
this includes dial up AND broadband accounts
any emails being stored on the server will be deleted when the mailbox is 'turned off'
to reactive the account go to the “your email options” on the ntlworld homepage and change the password on the affected account

Nick_15
16-07-2004, 09:04
Last month I cancelled my TV & phone but kept the BB, I got a cable box when NTL removed my STB.
What was not made clear was the fact that you have to set a new account up, you cannot carry the old BB account on. I was lucky that with the help of tech support they migrated my old email across. He recommended that I back up my old webspace, which I did. I Just looked and its still up.

The installation disc should be clearer, instead of asking if I had an dial up account, to which I answered no. It should ask if I have had another NTL account. This would help in migrating my account over.