PDA

View Full Version : Telemarketers Fight back

Lord Nikon
29-07-2003, 11:24
http://www.msnbc.com/news/945151.asp

Only thing is.. if they expect a fair hearing they will need to find a judge who has NEVER been woken in the middle of the night been phoned while tearing a sheet off a roll / been called while taking a bath by someone trying to sell him something....

Good luck lol

Pritch
29-07-2003, 11:30
My tactic is to pretend that I'm all alone in the house and haven't spoken to anyone for weeks, and then treat the caller like they're my best friend whom I haven't seen for ages. Alternatively, you could try this:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~egbg/counterscript.html

Russ
29-07-2003, 11:32
My way of dealing with them is Annoymous Caller Rejection :D

Ramrod
29-07-2003, 11:47
Originally posted by Pritch

http://www.xs4all.nl/~egbg/counterscript.html Thats really funny, and creepy:D

kink
29-07-2003, 18:18
I tell them that i'm bankrupt and ask if that's going to be a problem..... and have been known to ask them for their home numbers so i can phone to annoy them when they're having sex with their neighbours husband and she's walking up the driveway....
So far so good :D

The only argument i've had is when i refused a free gift that they'd kindly phoned to tell me about that i was entitled to.... he was incredulous :eek:
.....and apparently i was foolhardy, stupid and an idiot for not wanting to accept a free gift from someone i didn't know and who'd got my telephone number from god knows where....

Go figure

Stuart
29-07-2003, 18:27
I used to just stick to being rude.. It worked, some of the time.

BAC called once a day for about a month. When that happened, I joined the Telephone Protection Service and haven't had a telesales call since.

Robert Dark
29-07-2003, 20:16
A few years back I got a call from a tele-marketer, the young lady seemed quite pleasant and also throughly bored with her job.
I could tell she'd gone through the whole rigmarole about a hundred times already that day;
"HelloI'mcallingonbehalfofXXXXXXwindowswouldyoubein terestedinaconservatory?"
To which I replied, "I'd love a conservatory"
"Really?" she asked.
"Yes" said I, "but I live in a flat." :D

deadite66
29-07-2003, 20:18
yeah TPS and MPS are the way to go in the uk.
they still manage to slip in the 'to the occupier' mails though, not too many though.

Lord Nikon
29-07-2003, 20:51
Originally posted by Robert Dark
A few years back I got a call from a tele-marketer, the young lady seemed quite pleasant and also throughly bored with her job.
I could tell she'd gone through the whole rigmarole about a hundred times already that day;
"HelloI'mcallingonbehalfofXXXXXXwindowswouldyoubein terestedinaconservatory?"
To which I replied, "I'd love a conservatory"
"Really?" she asked.
"Yes" said I, "but I live in a flat." :D

Reminds me of the old joke

Guy walks into a building supplies store and asks for 15,000 bricks

Assistant asks "Are you building a house?"

Guy - "nope, a barbecue"

Assistant "you don't need 15,000 bricks to build a barbecue"

Guy - "you do when you are on the 14th floor"

kronas
29-07-2003, 20:53
its funny i dont get calls but get the odd knock on the door i just tell them im not interested and spout my retoric they usally turn round with a funny face LOL :D

chris D
31-07-2003, 01:33
The joys of living in an NTL area that supports caller ID :) I just ignore any number I dont recognise, or if it's a with-held number.. same applies to my mobile too! Anyone who wants to talk to me can talk to my voicemail and I'll call them back.
As far as people calling at the door goes- If its one of these damned electric companies, then I say Im just house sitting: they dont have a pre written speech and go rather quiet!

timewarrior2001
31-07-2003, 09:27
TPS and the MPS are pretty good, we used to get called every day 3 or 4 times by an autodialer and there was never anyone there. Occasionally we get the dodgy block paving companies phoning after using the phone book. They get a little scared when you ask for their company details for the TPS.

Junk mail is occasionally getting through, I just usually fill out applications in a stupid way and send them back.

Back to the news, only in America can hassling people at home be an invasion of their first amendment (well only the US has the first amendment lol)
It means the before long we will have to endure all the crap we get off these companies. Personally I think with the Americanisation of the UK we should just take the companies to court for wasting our time and tying up our phonline which may be needed in an emergency :D